Eesaan

So what happens to couples who don't get the visa???

102 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think they ask a lot of questions in different ways when they suspect a person has "rehearsed" answers or studied for the interview. Not saying this is the case with your fiance. It just came to mind when you said questions to intentionally confuse him.

Yes.... I understand this... But if you ask a person about someones parents and you are told blah, blah, blah about her mother and then told her father passed away when she was a little girl why come back later in the interveiw and ask what her father did for a living????? I don't even know what my father did for a living.... But it confused him because he didn't understnad why the question was asked after he already said he died so he told them what he rembered me telling him about my father and that was that he was an artist..... It really is not fair because they may know more about my parents than I do and then ask him questions about them.... How would he know if I don't know?????? The whole process is nuts.... :bonk:

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

Exactly inside the consulate they have these moroccan employee/translator who will ask questions that are simply outlandish and down right none of their business.

I guess feel they must ask questions that will compel moroccans to tell the truth, usually(not always) in morocco lighter people don't marry darker people.

A friend of mine's wife was questioned extensively about his criminal past and then she was denied ,and also was told her fiance(at that time)was a bad man.

As you know there really is no such thing as "ENGAGEMENT" in Islam... With that being said you would think the K-1 would be the hardest to get going through any Muslim country.... Our intention was to go for the CR-1 in the first place but were urged by others to go for the K-1 I really think I should have stuck to my gut instinct and followed my original plan.....

My husbands father is much darker than I am as is a few other of his family members... I don't see why it would be a factor at all, I saw many people in Morocco who look like me and many thought I was from there until I opened my mouth..... They should not sterotype or put everyone all in one box....

The y asked him about my father and he told the truth... He told they what I told him maybe there little background check didn't show that my father was an artist, but that would be because he didn't make a living at it.... My father was murdered when I was a little girl and all I remember of him is that he was a very good artist as is all his brothers and he liked to play tennis..... How do they expect people to know the answer to questions even the petitioner doesn't know.....

I am not very close to my family at all..... alot americans are not I know very little about them and quite frankly don't care to more than what I know of them.... My husband and his family make me feel more loved and cared for than my own.... One way or another we will be together... Whether it be here in the states or in Morocco......

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think most people would say the denial becomes the basis for the date and location of the marriage, not the basis of the marriage itself.

That is what I meant...the original petition was based on the premise that the marriage would occur in the USA at a future date. Due to the denial, the marriage occurred on foreign soil, as expeditiously as possible so as to start the next petition.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

As you know there really is no such thing as "ENGAGEMENT" in Islam... With that being said you would think the K-1 would be the hardest to get going through any Muslim country.... Our intention was to go for the CR-1 in the first place but were urged by others to go for the K-1 I really think I should have stuck to my gut instinct and followed my original plan.....

My husbands father is much darker than I am as is a few other of his family members... I don't see why it would be a factor at all, I saw many people in Morocco who look like me and many thought I was from there until I opened my mouth..... They should not sterotype or put everyone all in one box....

The y asked him about my father and he told the truth... He told they what I told him maybe there little background check didn't show that my father was an artist, but that would be because he didn't make a living at it.... My father was murdered when I was a little girl and all I remember of him is that he was a very good artist as is all his brothers and he liked to play tennis..... How do they expect people to know the answer to questions even the petitioner doesn't know.....

I am not very close to my family at all..... alot americans are not I know very little about them and quite frankly don't care to more than what I know of them.... My husband and his family make me feel more loved and cared for than my own.... One way or another we will be together... Whether it be here in the states or in Morocco......

Well the fiance visa I dont consider appropriate for morocco because it can lead to pre-marital affairs which are prohibited in islam,Most muslims when they use the fiance visa, get married privately-islamically(meaning they fulfill all islamic requirements(which is: the man and woman-the woman's guardian and two witnesses) even though all marriages must be conducted in the courts to be valid on moroccan soil(there is some disagreement in islam about does the marriage contract in islam have to be officially registered) I feel the the same way you do,moroccans have treated me good(yes better then my own family) in the usa and good in Morocco.

I pray for you and your husband's success and that you both succeed....ameeeen

Edited by ihsaan

Timeline

Well the fiance visa I dont consider appropriate for morocco because it can lead to pre-marital affairs which are prohibited in islam,Most muslims when they use the fiance visa, get married privately-islamically(meaning they fulfill all islamic requirements(which is: the man and woman-the woman's guardian and two witnesses) even though all marriages must be conducted in the courts to be valid on moroccan soil(there is some disagreement in islam about does the marriage contract in islam have to be officially registered) I feel the the same way you do,moroccans have treated me good(yes better then my own family) in the usa and good in Morocco.

There is Engagement(khitt'bah) in islam,but it has strict enforcement no seclusion,no private correspondence,and visitation is allowed while the women's guardian is present,some couples stay engaged for years untll the husband can provide properly for his future bride.

Timeline

AMEEN!!!!!!

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well it definitely is a eyebrow raiser in tnnir culture,and society because it wouldnt take place amongst themselves(there could be exceptions)large age differences raise a red flag in the usa consulate, the fiance visa is the most fraudulent visa and most rejected and most scrutinized visa in morocco,so much the usa consulate in morocco has dedicated a web page to the fiance visa predators.

Many times in the usa consulate Ive seen them threaten and eject MALE moroccans who appear and appear for multiple visa interviews(all moroccan men arent bad).

A lot of times in the interviews I hear their is a moroccan translator/employee who inserts his two cents ,acting like a well trained doberman pincher for the usa consulate asking questions that are irrelevant and quite disrespectful.

I honestly wish I knew of this site BEFORE filing for the K1...We were innocently going on God's choice of us to meet, our love and honesty in applying and received a big reality check from the "Lady" at the Casablanca Consulate. ( Assuming there is the only one ) I only know, in my case, that, if the Spousal Visa is denied... it has become a lucrative business collecting fees Through Casablanca... :whistle:

Ihsaan brings up a pint of the families affected in Morocco...I have to add it affects my family here too...big time.

BTW..if the Fiance cant come here and all other options have been exhausted...with Love there should be no other boundaries.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I honestly wish I knew of this site BEFORE filing for the K1...We were innocently going on God's choice of us to meet, our love and honesty in applying and received a big reality check from the "Lady" at the Casablanca Consulate. ( Assuming there is the only one ) I only know, in my case, that, if the Spousal Visa is denied... it has become a lucrative business collecting fees Through Casablanca... :whistle:

Ihsaan brings up a pint of the families affected in Morocco...I have to add it affects my family here too...big time.

BTW..if the Fiance cant come here and all other options have been exhausted...with Love there should be no other boundaries.

Well A next topic should be made from whoever has the best knowledge of what to do when a denial comes about what choices and routes to take, a legal way ,like the after fiance visa,then try to take the spousal way or appeal it by the I-601 or any other route people know and are sure of.

The govt should put a sign in the airport as you board the airplane,and also the govt should warn people who have no idea about immigration matters that if they decide to bring a love one to America be prepared for the following: A long wait and separation between couples,huge fees constantly,possible denial,no guaranteees,intense worrying,depression,rudeness,and no refunding on monies(generally)

As for BOTH people engaging in an international relationship they need to be fully aware of all these things involved and to be fully committed 100%

THE GOVT NEEDS TO MAKE IT EASIER AND AFFORDABLE

Edited by ihsaan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well i am waiting for noa2 and have heard both good and bad about morocco embassy. Anyone know first hand if better to reapply for visa as 1k or get married and apply for spousal visa 3k? I pray we are approved, but i will admitt worry about it. It can happen. Some say should only think the possitive however even some of the best solid cases got a denial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well A next topic should be made from whoever has the best knowledge of what to do when a denial comes about what choices and routes to take, a legal way ,like the after fiance visa,then try to take the spousal way or appeal it by the I-601 or any other route people know and are sure of.

The "601" is a waiver of inadmissibility that has nothing to do with relationship validity. Had there not been an inadmissibility, the visa would have been issued. It's most commonly used for people with unlawful presence but also for certain crines, fraud/misrepresentation and a host of other issues. You get to that stage after your successful consular interview.

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our Visa was denied today. It is devastating. I have no idea what to do now... We have waited for so long to be together. I cannot get my sons passport even though his father is a deadbeat, and has nothing to do with him. I just want to lay down in a hole and cry!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hubby and I were denied the K1 in January 2010. Denied the CR1 in March of 2011. We are now on month 7 (from when they received our returned package) waiting to hear back from the USCIS. I feel this is quite a valid question. Hubby and I have discussed this. No matter what happens with that visa, I will continue to be his wife, and our relationship will continue to grow. It is not possible for me to move there now, but would continue seeing him during each of my vacations from work, until such a time I could live there, or spend summers there. We need to be together, as it is quite difficult not having your spouse next to you, but the consulate is only in control of our visa, and where we will end up with our lives physically, it is NOT in control of our relationship, and how it has flourished amidst all the let downs. Just my 2 cents from my corner of the world!

I'm sorry to hear about your past denials and hope that this petition/visa gets approved. I am in the same boat with you. Praise God that my husband was approved and will be coming home soon. I was very fortunate to be able to see him every 5-6 months. And even that was not enough. I would move to Lebanon in a heartbeat if that's what it will take for us to be together. We talked about what would happen if the visa was denied. We are both fighters and we will never give up. True love will prevail. Good luck my friend.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Countless threads on VJ have been dedicated to this subject. It's not a new problem. Do some back reading. As for the government making it cheaper and easier, don't count on it. It's as expensive as it needs to be to support USCIS and the DOS, and it's as difficult as it needs to be to weed out fraud. Does it suck? Yeah, it sucks, but immigration is a privilege, not a right.

If my husband had been denied, I'd be chillin in Morocco right now. I wish I was chillin in Morocco right now. The climate sucks here, politically, financially, and weather wise. le sigh.

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your past denials and hope that this petition/visa gets approved. I am in the same boat with you. Praise God that my husband was approved and will be coming home soon. I was very fortunate to be able to see him every 5-6 months. And even that was not enough. I would move to Lebanon in a heartbeat if that's what it will take for us to be together. We talked about what would happen if the visa was denied. We are both fighters and we will never give up. True love will prevail. Good luck my friend.

I appreciate the kind words. I am glad it has worked out for you. :thumbs:(F)

Countless threads on VJ have been dedicated to this subject. It's not a new problem. Do some back reading. As for the government making it cheaper and easier, don't count on it. It's as expensive as it needs to be to support USCIS and the DOS, and it's as difficult as it needs to be to weed out fraud. Does it suck? Yeah, it sucks, but immigration is a privilege, not a right.

If my husband had been denied, I'd be chillin in Morocco right now. I wish I was chillin in Morocco right now. The climate sucks here, politically, financially, and weather wise. le sigh.

100% agree with this, which is why I don't piss and moan, although I do have my moments. We chose this path, and it is what it is

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.