cmoody

221 G

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance went for his interview this morning in Casablanca, Morocco. He was asked a bunch of questions about my daughter and the lady was frustrated because he could not tell her the name of my daughters last boyfriend. She barely looked at the pictures he provided and would not look at any other proof of our relationship. He was given a form 221G. I contacted the consulate and the lady told me that she cannot give me a reason for the denial of visa. I then sent an email asking for a reason and they just told me that I would have to contact USCIS in 8 to 10 weeks. Has anyone ever gone through this before and is there anything that I can do? I just feel so lost right now!

post-110506-0-66624000-1322775375_thumb.jpg

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

My fiance went for his interview this morning in Casablanca, Morocco. He was asked a bunch of questions about my daughter and the lady was frustrated because he could not tell her the name of my daughters last boyfriend. She barely looked at the pictures he provided and would not look at any other proof of our relationship. He was given a form 221G. I contacted the consulate and the lady told me that she cannot give me a reason for the denial of visa. I then sent an email asking for a reason and they just told me that I would have to contact USCIS in 8 to 10 weeks. Has anyone ever gone through this before and is there anything that I can do? I just feel so lost right now!

This seemed a fraud case through her eyes. thus, she rejected the visa, because they guy even does not know the name of your daughter, that indicates that he does not relate to you as a fiance....As an Immigration officer she did not get convinced by the relationship. So now, what can you do is the question you are asking?

marry your fiance and file i-130 and withdrew the K1. At least that is what i will do..

because they guy even does not know the name of your daughter, that indicates that he does not relate to you as a fiance....As an Immigration officer she did not get convinced by the relationship. So now, what can you do is the question you are asking?

marry your fiance and file i-130 and withdrew the K1. At least that is what i will do..

That is NOT what she said. She said her daughster's last boyfriend's name.

Running out and immediately filing a I-130 after a denial is no solution to this problem. She probably needs the assistance of an attorney at this point, not just digging a deeper hole.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is NOT what she said. She said her daughster's last boyfriend's name.

Running out and immediately filing a I-130 after a denial is no solution to this problem. She probably needs the assistance of an attorney at this point, not just digging a deeper hole.

You need to read my threads and fight evry minute. They look at any speech or delyed response as fraud. I fought the 221G and had it reaffirmed.

You need to read my threads and fight evry minute. They look at any speech or delyed response as fraud. I fought the 221G and had it reaffirmed.

Huh? What does that have to do with my comment? :blink: or did you qoute the wrong post?

My point WAS to fight the 221G with the assistance of an attorney. I didnt think it would be wise (as someone suggested) to withdraw the K-1 (probably too late to do so at this point), get married and immediately file a I-130.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can tell you that I married a man from Jamaica on 9/6/2010. He had his interview on 5/13/2011. The interview went well but he didn't get his Visa. He wasn't given any kind of slip but was told that the paperwork was being sent back to USCIS. He was told by the officer that I would be contacted to see if I wished to continue with the process. USCIS sent me a letter informing me they had received the paperwork back from Jamaica on 6/29/2011. I was told then to allow 180 days from that date to get an answer on their decision. The 180 days will be up on December 29th. I spoke with an immigration consultant and he explained that I will more than likely receive a NOID (Notice Of Intention to Deny) letter from USCIS and it will instruct me what will happen next. I really don't think it matters if your married or not. If they don't beleive the relationship is bonafide then they will not approve the Visa. I expect that I will have to prove the relationship is legitimate, therefore I went to Jamaica in June and stayed 10 days and then returned in the middle of August and stayed until the middle of September. I have been to see him 5 times in the past year and a half. As the other person told you, you need to fight and be prepared for whatever. You have plenty of time, they are not going to get in any type of hurry on this. Good luck, prayers are with you...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you are an older woman and beneficiary is a younger guy, there is no chance of getting K1 from Morocco., literally 0. This is common scam, where younger guys from MOrocco marry older US ladies for immigration benefits. If this is the case and your relationship is bonafide, you need to move to Morocco, get married, live there for 6 months, and re-apply for CR1. This is your only chance.

Timeline

This is a very common occurance in Morocco, regardless of age, religon, race or gender...... Folks going through Morocc may as well be on another planet, they sure treat us like we are. this whole process is nuts....... We got the same thing with the "OTHER" box checked.... Got the congressman involved and all that only for them to close our case due to the "EXPIRATION" of the dates and a nice letter letting us know that we were more than welcome to reapply..... Morocco is such a high fruad country and the questions they expect folks to know the answer to is crazy sometimes..... I mean if your daughter is an adult how do they know you even know her boyfriends name??????? I mean really our adult children only let us know what they want us to know..... I, myself can't afford to go the lawyer route, so I went back and we married there..... I stayed 3 months during that visit which was my 3rd all my visits total 5 months.... We are holping it's all good this time around.... If we don't get it this time then I guess I will be moving to Morocco.... In my opinion I don't think it really makes a difference is you have a lawyer or not... There are some who used lawyers and still had a difficult time and there are some who didn't use a lawyer and it was a breeze... It's just the luck of the draw...... I really am sorry this happen to you.... I hope you are able to get things figured out and go the route that is easiest and best for you :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Timeline

If you are an older woman and beneficiary is a younger guy, there is no chance of getting K1 from Morocco., literally 0. This is common scam, where younger guys from MOrocco marry older US ladies for immigration benefits. If this is the case and your relationship is bonafide, you need to move to Morocco, get married, live there for 6 months, and re-apply for CR1. This is your only chance.

Really!!!! I am 15 years older than my fiance then (husband NOW) and we were approved with flying colors in Morocco and he has been here one year now. I also have many other friends here between 11-20 years older than there husbands and they too were approved in Morocco. BTW, it's not just men FROM MOROCOO seeking immigration benefits as you stated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am in the same boat, I am a bit older than my husband and we were approved, however; I did visit him three times before our interview and all our pictures included the family both during the visits and the ones on cam through internet. We clearly proved that I had a relationship not just with him but with the entire family to include extended family (aunts, cousins). I think what did it for us was that his cat really took to me and he showed them pictures of the cat snuggling up to me when I was sleeping.

I actually had practice interviews with my husband and gave him every question I could find was asked on this forum and more. He had everything under the sun covered. We still went through a two month AP period.

Good luck,

Timeline

Girl just save some money go to morocco and get all documents and get married. thats all. becuase its foolishness what some interviewer are doing there in Casa. I dont understand it and you cant either. You can try to fight it but it probably wont work. Just coach ur fiance better for next time. The same thing happened to us a few months ago and theres nothing to do besides try again.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

the best way u can try that in monday morning to call ur congressman or senator and ask them to call consulate in casa and stop them send ur papers back to uscis and give ur fiance other chance to have other interview believe me some couples tried that before and did work but u need to do that as fast as u can before consulate send papers to US bcz if they did then u have 2choices:

1-to wait uscis answer and tell u why they refuse ur fiance visa and they will ask u for proofs that ur relationship did not break after refuse visa and believe me that will take long time than u think.

2-to come to morocco and married with ur fiance and start over CR1

even if u call or email consulate u will have same answer wait till u papers be in uscis and u can know why they refuse ur visa but if u try with congressman or senator to call consulate and give ur fiance other chance that can be good if u wait till papers back to uscis it will take 3 to 4months if papers already back then u need come to marry with ur fiance.

good luck

Filed: Timeline

I don't always agree that going back to Morocco to get married will get you the visa. There are many here who were denied, went back to marry, and again visa denied. What happens then if you are denied the visa, you are married and now you have no way of being together unless you move there, as you cannot just re-file a CR1 as you can a K1 so soon. I mean can you even file again after Cr1 is denied???

I have said this before to some on here who asked about my personal experience and my husband's interview as I WAS also interviewed via telephone. The CO confirmed to me that my 6 visits to Morocco over a period of a year and half was great in establishing our relationship. He asked why we didn't marry and I said we were in no hurry and he agreed that this was the best method. I understand not everyone can just up and go to Morocco every 3-4 months but in my case I could.

Also, The CO knew much about my fiancé's past online activity before years of meeting him. They even questioned him about a girl with her first and last name he has chatted with 4 years ago. So this tells me, that the Embassy does much research about the person and there online activity with others. Sometimes, I truly believe that the Visa is either already denied or granted before the interview depending on the research they have found.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

well they did the same thing to my fiance and all i had to do is contact my senator here and had him take care of it ,.. contact your senator trust me ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.