atool

My Interview Experience

19 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi friends i am not a writer by profession so it might be boring 15 min for you but i thought i should post my Interview experience as i have read someones and that help me lot in mine .. So it is like this....

I was schedule for Interview on 28 Nov at 7.30 am which was rescheduled for 8.00 am but i went there at 7 am as i thought would go there for 7.30 time (mine interview was scheduled at new embassy building at BKC, mumbai what a location and what a embassy building.)

at 7.15 asked to make a line outside embassy gate for 7.30 to 8 am appointment which then they divided to non-immigrant and immigrant then want to interview call letter at hand and make us go inside the embassy premises still in garden of embassy then they allowed us inside and make us stand in line in two windows one for immi and one for non-immi they the lady behind the window took the interview call letter and enter the information and create a token for us with token number u have to remember this token no. till u get out of embassy as when ever they want you they will flash it on screen the token no.

now we went to another hall there we are checked us its smooth process i hurried but the security guard told me to relax and dont worry that's very nice then i after security check went to main hall where we have sit and wait for our no. to flash on screen and here they asked immi to go to another hall and non-immi to another hall that very nice. at least some less crowed in our hall. my no. flash on screen with window no. the lady who is local lady ask me some questions like who is my petitioner, date of marriage who are my sponsors as my AOS was submitted one year back she asked me do you have the latest i.e. 2010 W-2 (tax return) of my AOS i have read here in some forum that they want latest W-2 so i already had from my wife and his brother who is co-sponsor so i gave her that document then as i have filed my DS-230 form one year back she asked me that my Passport Police Clearance certificate is expiring on 7 december and my case could be put on hold in case visa officer want to new one to be sure that there is no case pending on me i told her i have latest PCC from local police station she told be that they dont give that much importance to that and they would required PCC from passport office and decision is on visa officer that she ( my visa officer was lady) consider it.

so my almost 3 years wait and finally to get visa on hold because of this is frustrating and shocked that they will put hold my passport but now there is no option left. This was over by 8.30 again i have to wait and was put in two mind that after three year should i get it or not. my wedding is genuine and i have never committed any crime still had to wait to meet my sweet heart. sorry i forget at this stage they took my four finger impression and my thump impression. again was asked to wait they will call me back.

time passes and i am praying that visa officer take decision on my favour there was one aunty a friendly aunty we communicate with each other and that help me to relaxed and divert my mind from negative thoughts i strongly suggest to be friendly with you near by so that will relaxed you and will help you in interview.

at first they called some people again so we did not know what is happening but then we know that its interview that they are conducting in two windows from many and this again make us nervous as we can hear the type of question they are asking and in detail they are inquiring and queries they are arising and doughts. they are taking around 20 to 25 min per immi. so this is nerve breaking then they started the third window and fourth windows so i was near to my interview screen flash 219 mine was 220 i was expecting my no. to flash on favourable window i observe is very nice but to my surprise no. flash for that window was 221 they jump mine no. and start feeling that my nightmare that my visa will be put on hold are going to come true the screen flash some other category no. and i am sure that i am not going to get my visa but then it flash mine one and to window i would given chance would avoid she just tore me apart with fast firy questions like what is the reason for marrying so late we married at 36 i gave the reason that i did not find suitable partner to get married then question about petioner work and Co-AOS where they live have own house or rented when my petioner go to america how she got the greencard who filed for them how her peitioner gone there which year my wife went there the in between keep me asking had i earlier filed for american visa, or any other country visa or last chance she took by asking me have i visited africa (still thinking why africa) she is not marry that our marriage was genuine as we have married late at 36 at this time i already lost my hope of getting approval she show my marriage album also her expression never give me impression that i got my visa and with strange impression (at that time i thought she is going to return my visa ) she told me your visa is approved and you will get your passport in few days by courier what ever her attitude is i thank her my long wait to meet my sweet heart is over this type of inquiry is part her job which i thought she did perfectly and i stood on my ground on truth she took my finger print of right hand again gave me the part of DS-230 form again to sign i asked should i sign with black or blue i got strong reply what ever colour you want to use. ( i read some where it should be sign with black pen) i forgot to write first i have to take oath with my right hand rise that i will speak the truth and i did speak the truth and got the positive result. it is boring but hope this will help you. now i am waiting for courier to receive my passport.

all the best.........

PD 01 FEB 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats!!!! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Thank you for your review. Although it won't be where mine is what you did do is made me feel the nervousness and frustration. It was like a short story.

much appreciated

Terri

Gosh I hope I will be able to relax... :rofl:

PS I'm really happy for the two of you..

happiness be yours

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks for sharing your experience

as1csNEFg000000MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMTI2N2x8d2UgYXJlIGluIGxvdmUg.gif

an1cCDvFg1i0010MDAwMDEwN2x8MDAwMDEzZGF8TWFycmllZCAg.gif

F2a visa

08-08-2004 : meet my husband

11-19-2008 : marriage

06-14-2009 : Priority date

08-19-2010 : i-130 approved

03-06-2012 : interview date

result : Administrative Processing

04-02-2012 : VISA in hand Hamdolilah !!!!

Hey atool congrats...I am happy for u.

My wife and son appeared to interview today as well...Their visa was also approved...They were not asked so many questions...Just general inquiry .But since i have become citizen 2 weeks ago.and my son is only 3 and half years old...So they asked my wife to tell me to fill form I864W for my child and send to the embassy.And as soon as they receive it,visas will be issued.So This morning i have already sent them those forms through Fedex fastest way.It should reach them this week and hopefully visas will be issued in a couple of weeks after that.

I wish u all the best in your future.May Allah SWT bless you.

PD...January 11,2009.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi friends i am not a writer by profession so it might be boring 15 min for you but i thought i should post my Interview experience as i have read someones and that help me lot in mine .. So it is like this....

I was schedule for Interview on 28 Nov at 7.30 am which was rescheduled for 8.00 am but i went there at 7 am as i thought would go there for 7.30 time (mine interview was scheduled at new embassy building at BKC, mumbai what a location and what a embassy building.)

at 7.15 asked to make a line outside embassy gate for 7.30 to 8 am appointment which then they divided to non-immigrant and immigrant then want to interview call letter at hand and make us go inside the embassy premises still in garden of embassy then they allowed us inside and make us stand in line in two windows one for immi and one for non-immi they the lady behind the window took the interview call letter and enter the information and create a token for us with token number u have to remember this token no. till u get out of embassy as when ever they want you they will flash it on screen the token no.

now we went to another hall there we are checked us its smooth process i hurried but the security guard told me to relax and dont worry that's very nice then i after security check went to main hall where we have sit and wait for our no. to flash on screen and here they asked immi to go to another hall and non-immi to another hall that very nice. at least some less crowed in our hall. my no. flash on screen with window no. the lady who is local lady ask me some questions like who is my petitioner, date of marriage who are my sponsors as my AOS was submitted one year back she asked me do you have the latest i.e. 2010 W-2 (tax return) of my AOS i have read here in some forum that they want latest W-2 so i already had from my wife and his brother who is co-sponsor so i gave her that document then as i have filed my DS-230 form one year back she asked me that my Passport Police Clearance certificate is expiring on 7 december and my case could be put on hold in case visa officer want to new one to be sure that there is no case pending on me i told her i have latest PCC from local police station she told be that they dont give that much importance to that and they would required PCC from passport office and decision is on visa officer that she ( my visa officer was lady) consider it.

so my almost 3 years wait and finally to get visa on hold because of this is frustrating and shocked that they will put hold my passport but now there is no option left. This was over by 8.30 again i have to wait and was put in two mind that after three year should i get it or not. my wedding is genuine and i have never committed any crime still had to wait to meet my sweet heart. sorry i forget at this stage they took my four finger impression and my thump impression. again was asked to wait they will call me back.

time passes and i am praying that visa officer take decision on my favour there was one aunty a friendly aunty we communicate with each other and that help me to relaxed and divert my mind from negative thoughts i strongly suggest to be friendly with you near by so that will relaxed you and will help you in interview.

at first they called some people again so we did not know what is happening but then we know that its interview that they are conducting in two windows from many and this again make us nervous as we can hear the type of question they are asking and in detail they are inquiring and queries they are arising and doughts. they are taking around 20 to 25 min per immi. so this is nerve breaking then they started the third window and fourth windows so i was near to my interview screen flash 219 mine was 220 i was expecting my no. to flash on favourable window i observe is very nice but to my surprise no. flash for that window was 221 they jump mine no. and start feeling that my nightmare that my visa will be put on hold are going to come true the screen flash some other category no. and i am sure that i am not going to get my visa but then it flash mine one and to window i would given chance would avoid she just tore me apart with fast firy questions like what is the reason for marrying so late we married at 36 i gave the reason that i did not find suitable partner to get married then question about petioner work and Co-AOS where they live have own house or rented when my petioner go to america how she got the greencard who filed for them how her peitioner gone there which year my wife went there the in between keep me asking had i earlier filed for american visa, or any other country visa or last chance she took by asking me have i visited africa (still thinking why africa) she is not marry that our marriage was genuine as we have married late at 36 at this time i already lost my hope of getting approval she show my marriage album also her expression never give me impression that i got my visa and with strange impression (at that time i thought she is going to return my visa ) she told me your visa is approved and you will get your passport in few days by courier what ever her attitude is i thank her my long wait to meet my sweet heart is over this type of inquiry is part her job which i thought she did perfectly and i stood on my ground on truth she took my finger print of right hand again gave me the part of DS-230 form again to sign i asked should i sign with black or blue i got strong reply what ever colour you want to use. ( i read some where it should be sign with black pen) i forgot to write first i have to take oath with my right hand rise that i will speak the truth and i did speak the truth and got the positive result. it is boring but hope this will help you. now i am waiting for courier to receive my passport.

all the best.........

congrats !!!!! Atool

i have a quastion about PCC (passport police clearance)my f4 catagary case was documentraly Qalified in january 2010.

My PCC (passport police clearance) was expired.which i was send with DS-230. suppose my interview will be after 9 month from today.

my quastion is : At the time of interview, will i require a new PCC (passport police clearance)?

My pd is march 2001

in januari 2011 documetation are complited and qualified

My link"]jp301[/url]

Timeline

Hey atool congrats...I am happy for u.

My wife and son appeared to interview today as well...Their visa was also approved...They were not asked so many questions...Just general inquiry .But since i have become citizen 2 weeks ago.and my son is only 3 and half years old...So they asked my wife to tell me to fill form I864W for my child and send to the embassy.And as soon as they receive it,visas will be issued.So This morning i have already sent them those forms through Fedex fastest way.It should reach them this week and hopefully visas will be issued in a couple of weeks after that.

I wish u all the best in your future.May Allah SWT bless you.

thank u and many congratulations i got my passport with visa this afternoon ... wish the best of life too

Edited by atool

PD 01 FEB 2009

Timeline

congrats !!!!! Atool

i have a quastion about PCC (passport police clearance)my f4 catagary case was documentraly Qalified in january 2010.

My PCC (passport police clearance) was expired.which i was send with DS-230. suppose my interview will be after 9 month from today.

my quastion is : At the time of interview, will i require a new PCC (passport police clearance)?

thanks you ....

yeah as mention the lady raise this issue at that time but was lucky that my visa officer did not raise it and i got mine but please arrange the new police clearance certificate from passport office your passport was issued as they dont give that much credential to local police station police clearance certificate.... i would suggest that when u get interview call that one month earlier then your interview date get done the medical because there you need the passport and second day you apply at passport office to get the new PCC so you will get it in week and you can take with VFS office with you with your interview call to submit the courier fees and check your documents them also dont forget to carry at interview all the w-2 (tax returns document) all submitted after you have send to DS-230 forms they will 100% ask that

PD 01 FEB 2009

Timeline

Thank you for your review. Although it won't be where mine is what you did do is made me feel the nervousness and frustration. It was like a short story.

much appreciated

Terri

Gosh I hope I will be able to relax... :rofl:

PS I'm really happy for the two of you..

happiness be yours

oh i know i am worse writer... hope you are out of coma i never meant to put you in this situation but want to help by sharing and experience and experience the people what kind of question they ask because i read the past experience and that help me prepared.

PD 01 FEB 2009

all the best.........

Wow that's a long read but Congratulation you deserved it! Goodluck on your POE! :dance:

Our Timeline- IR-1 Visa : 204 days

USCIS Timeline: 90 days

04.08.11- Send 1-30

04.13.11- NOA1 (CSC)

04.18.11- Touched

07.12.11- NOA2 Yay!

NVC Timeline:- 37 days

08.02.11- NVC Received

08.20.11- Case No. assign/IIN 37 days from NOA2

08.23.11- receives DS 3032/AOS fee bill

08.24.11- Pay AOS Bill/ Sends the DS 3032 thru email

08.27.11- Received IV-Fee Bill

08.27.11- Pay IV-Fee Bill

08.29.11- Sends AOS via USPS

08.30.11- IV- Fee Bill shows Paid

09.08.11- Send IV packet

09.08.11- Received checklist RFE on AOS

09.12.11- RFE docs sends via usps

09.19.11- Case Completed

09.30.11- received interview date (email)

10.11.11- Medical exam.( Passed)

10.13.11- NVC Left

10.19.11- Consulate Received

11.03.11- Interview - Approved! Thank God.

11.04.11- Visa Issued

11.09.11- Visa on hand

USA

POE- Atlanta- 11.16.11

Received Welcome Letter: 11.30.11

Received Green Card: 12.09.11

Received SSN: 12.17.11

oxBap8.png

Timeline

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! :D

thank u

Congratulations.... :thumbs:

thank u

Wow that's a long read but Congratulation you deserved it! Goodluck on your POE! :dance:

thank u

thanks for sharing your experience

thank u

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! :D

thank u

PD 01 FEB 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations and best of luck to the both of of you for a long and happy life together!! Thanks for all the info - it was very helpful!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.