hubby4life

Age difference of fiance to fiancee?

601 posts in this topic

To those who filed k-1, what is the average age difference of a fiance to a fiancee? Is it a matter of desperation for such young girls to marry old guys? Is it for love or money?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its No Determinant..except for the MENA countries where the Male Beneficiary is largely younger than the Female Petitioner

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To those who filed k-1, what is the average age difference of a fiance to a fiancee? Is it a matter of desperation for such young girls to marry old guys? Is it for love or money?

It can be either or or both. Me and my fiance got 29yrs age gap but I am already 28, I got a good paying job in a call center and I reached graduate school in a known State university. I can basically get any guy that I want if I wanted to. I am not ugly even if I am short.

I am just not sure if I want to live in the US or not that's why I took K-1 route. If I didn't like it there, we will go back to the Philippines, so I don't call myself desperate to get the US visa.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Radical age differences as far as visas go seems to be not a big problem as long as requirements are met and you can prove a bona fide relationship. As to why much older guys want much younger women,or why much younger women agree to marry much older guys...that argument can go on for a long time. In my humble opinion, when a 50yo guy and a 20yo girl say they found "true love" I don't think so. :whistle:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Curiosity killed the cat ~ :blush:

Just the same considerable age differences between a man and wife is nothing new nor something that is directly related to Filipinas either. There is an age old saying that a man should marry a woman half his age + seven years. Okay how many guys just grabbed a calculator? :rofl:

I did a quick google search and found this:

http://marriage.about.com/od/lifestylechoices/g/maydecember.htm

Some people seem to have issue with age differences and for them I have a saying I have always enjoyed - A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste. :thumbs:

I personally was not looking for a much younger wife when I decided to "get back out there", yet destiny had different ideas.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I dont think it is a desperation when you marry a guy much older than you. And I agree with teapot. It's not all about money, I got my Bachelors Degree too and have a good stable job. I can always support myself with my hard work. It is just happened that I met my fiance, we fell in love with each other and he is ready to start a new life, family together and with my age 28 I am now ready to settle down and have my own family. I believe we met at the right place and time. Thank God for that. :) And I am proud and Blessed to have him in my life. He may much older than me but I love him so much and it hurts being away with him. By the way I raised this topic last week. You should see the previous posts. :) :) :)

Timeline

i also agree with teapotgurl :thumbs: my fiance and i have 19 years gap even though I'm young, i had never considered myself to move/live in US, as i'm fine living here. i live in a fairly upscale part of the Philippines and for most of my life my parents were relatively well-off; we have several businesses as well as owning various properties. i make money working in our family business.

And i also have a bachelors degree in a well known University in Manila.

it's always about why a person marrying a man from US :yes: every case is unique ;)

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

i also agree with teapotgurl :thumbs: my fiance and i have 19 years gap even though I'm young, i had never considered myself to move/live in US, as i'm fine living here. i live in a fairly upscale part of the Philippines and for most of my life my parents were relatively well-off; we have several businesses as well as owning various properties. i make money working in our family business.

it's always about why a person marrying a man from US :yes: every case is unique ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's NOT always about money why a person marrying a man from US :yes:every case is unique ;)

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

Kinda of curious about the question, since it seems you have no personal information listed in you profile. Are you filing for K-1, are you asking for your own personal case or for another? These types of question usually have a reason behind them.

Kevin

It varies case by case. My wife and I have a cosiderable age gap, and have been married close to three years. We have nornal man/woman issues, cultural differences to work with, and age related issues too. The good news is that it gets better with time. I would say that the amount of time you actually spend together before you commit can be a help. many of the relationships that seem to catch fire and end that I read about on VJ seem to relate to the couple not knowing each other very well. On the other hand, there are loads of couples with large age differences that are just fine.

Curiosity killed the cat ~ :blush:

Just the same considerable age differences between a man and wife is nothing new nor something that is directly related to Filipinas either. There is an age old saying that a man should marry a woman half his age + seven years. Okay how many guys just grabbed a calculator? :rofl:

I did a quick google search and found this:

http://marriage.about.com/od/lifestylechoices/g/maydecember.htm

Some people seem to have issue with age differences and for them I have a saying I have always enjoyed - A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste. :thumbs:

I personally was not looking for a much younger wife when I decided to "get back out there", yet destiny had different ideas.

:lol: I did do the math, and was pleased to find that we are right on the target.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Kinda of curious about the question, since it seems you have no personal information listed in you profile. Are you filing for K-1, are you asking for your own personal case or for another? These types of question usually have a reason behind them.

Kevin

i'm filing a cr-1/ir-1. the reason behind the question is almost all of the k-1 petitions in the Philippines have a enormous age gap. must be a rare coincidence, huh?

Timeline

i'm filing a cr-1/ir-1. the reason behind the question is almost all of the k-1 petitions in the Philippines have a enormous age gap. must be a rare coincidence, huh?

And of course, those with a small age gap arent despirate at all.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is a lot younger than me, better educated than me...she has a 4 year degree, vs 2 for me, and she is exploring med school when she arrives here. She is also a RN, very beautiful and is not desperate for me or any man. She and I have many common interests and both enjoy life to the fullest, our age diff is just numerical.

That said, I take offense to Enigma's post and find it insulting....I will say that I have found, in most instances, people with such a narrow minded opinion are usually older women, or old guys who can't get a younger woman, or are with an older woman and are a bit jealous...but thats my 2cents.

IMO, live and let live, everyone else can bite me.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.