Danno

THANKSGIVING REMARKS: Obama talks for 3 minutes, never mentions GOD.

71 posts in this topic

What's the big deal? :unsure:

Obama isn't the first US president to leave out god in a address on thanksgiving. :whistle:

So far, the count of mentioning god in the thanksgiving address:

Obama 2/3 :innocent:

Bush 7/8 :innocent:

Clinton 4/8 :innocent:

So - Obama is tied with bush so far, with Clinton being in the lead of not mentioning god. :rofl:

BTW - this nugget of info was found by Fox News - of course that didn't stop them from going in hysterics over Obama. :whistle:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

What's the big deal? :unsure:

Obama isn't the first US president to leave out god in a address on thanksgiving. :whistle:

So far, the count of mentioning god in the thanksgiving address:

Obama 2/3 :innocent:

Bush 7/8 :innocent:

Clinton 4/8 :innocent:

So - Obama is tied with bush so far, with Clinton being in the lead of not mentioning god. :rofl:

BTW - this nugget of info was found by Fox News - of course that didn't stop them from going in hysterics over Obama. :whistle:

That's outrageous. As an agnostic, it pisses me off when they mention God, but it pisses me off just as much when they don't.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Practice your religion as you choose in your home, restrict your family in your home, worship God at your dinner table or your church, ban abortion in your home, outlaw sex toys in your bedroom, leave the rest of us out of it.

So many of these stupid "problems" could so easily be fixed yourself, just do it. You do not want your kids getting sex education in school? Teach them yourself before the school does. You do not want the school giving condoms to your kids? Then give them some yourself. You want them to pray every day...do it at home.

Who are you to tell people they are limited where they practice their faith, freedom of speech or any other liberty?

Do you limit your second amend. right ONLY at home and the Range?

:wow:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Who are you to tell people they are limited where they practice their faith, freedom of speech or any other liberty?

Do you limit your second amend. right ONLY at home and the Range?

:wow:

Of course not. Don't be silly.

The thing is that no one around me KNOWS I am exerising my right to bear arms and I do not want laws that REQUIRE people to own or carry firearms. It is also their right NOT to own firearms if they choose. As long as you keep it to yourself and keep it out of our government, laws, public schools and any other government or taxpayer function, I do not care where you "practice it"

Who am I? I am a citizen protected by the first amendment from YOUR religion. I demand my rights.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

How is this moronic thread still alive? Oh the humanity!!!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

How is this moronic thread still alive? Oh the humanity!!!

Thanks for doing your part!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Of course not. Don't be silly.

The thing is that no one around me KNOWS I am exerising my right to bear arms and I do not want laws that REQUIRE people to own or carry firearms. It is also their right NOT to own firearms if they choose. As long as you keep it to yourself and keep it out of our government, laws, public schools and any other government or taxpayer function, I do not care where you "practice it"

Who am I? I am a citizen protected by the first amendment from YOUR religion. I demand my rights.

Wow, that is right out of the USSR handbook!

I'm thinkin there is a middle ground between "Keep it to yourself" and "Imposing it on others".

When we tell people -you have free speech but only in your house or you can own a gun but it better not leave your property,

Kinda sounds like what you are advocating there Gary.

William Penn

I'm thinkin there is a middle ground between "Keep it to yourself" and "Imposing it on others".

When we tell people -you have free speech but only in your house or you can own a gun but it better not leave your property,

Since your entire beef with the Pres is that he DIDN'T say something you wanted him to say, then Danno you might want to rethink your actual position in regards to freedom of speech. If you were truly a believer in freedom of speech you would see once again, your position has been defeated by Danno Logic. Requiring the President to talk about God is hardly free speech but of course you insist that he should have.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

I didn't say anything about free speech, pardon the pun. Perhaps re-read what I wrote.

What are your thoughts? Why say "I am thinking..." and then not write your thoughts? Makes no sense. What is the "middle ground" that involves government but honors my right to freedom from religion?

The USSR was not wrong about everything just because they were the USSR. I very much agree with their approach to unemployment...there is NONE. Everyone works unless they are physically unable and even that was a very strict standard, seems better than a system of people sitting on their @sses and being parasites. Their education system was damn good also. And their separation of church and state was absolute and still is. Somehow Christian people in the FSU manage to celebrate Christmas without government involvement, maybe your wife can tell you about it. They do not have "Thanksgiving" like most Christian countries, because it is not a religious holiday.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Since your entire beef with the Pres is that he DIDN'T say something you wanted him to say, then Danno you might want to rethink your actual position in regards to freedom of speech. If you were truly a believer in freedom of speech you would see once again, your position has been defeated by Danno Logic. Requiring the President to talk about God is hardly free speech but of course you insist that he should have.

Good point. I see you are keeping the thread alive. :lol:

Yeah, "freedom of speech as long as you talk about God"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I didn't say anything about free speech, pardon the pun. Perhaps re-read what I wrote.

What are your thoughts? Why say "I am thinking..." and then not write your thoughts? Makes no sense. What is the "middle ground" that involves government but honors my right to freedom from religion?

The USSR was not wrong about everything just because they were the USSR. I very much agree with their approach to unemployment...there is NONE. Everyone works unless they are physically unable and even that was a very strict standard, seems better than a system of people sitting on their @sses and being parasites. Their education system was damn good also. And their separation of church and state was absolute and still is. Somehow Christian people in the FSU manage to celebrate Christmas without government involvement, maybe your wife can tell you about it. They do not have "Thanksgiving" like most Christian countries, because it is not a religious holiday.

Gary I really expect better from you (seriously).

The Orthodox Church is the de facto Official religion. AS you well know the President is involved in a number of annual ceremonies/ events within the church it's self.

YOu may not be aware the ROC lobbied for and got -territorial protection, a law was passed which prevents anyone from sharing their faith or postalizing .... unless they are registered with the GOVERNMENT.

As you know the USSR killed Christians wholesale, the Kremlin so controled the Orthodox Church that Orthodox Churches outside the USSR were forced to form their own leaders which is why there explains variety of Orthodox churches we have today.

So your summation that either the USSR or present day russia had a good grasp of the "separation of Church and state" ... couldn't be more wrong.

Since the USSR fell 23,000 places of worship have been built, do you think public monies weren't used?

Here is your separation of Church and State in RUssia... then and now.

William Penn