TBoneTX

RUBbette Wives & Housework, si man

891 posts in this topic

We still have post-it notes all over the kitchen and such, even by the door knob to the patio door so she knows which way to turn the knob lock tab for open or locked.....after she locked herself out a couple of times during the winter!!!!

Luckily for her, my sister and her husband live adjacent to us and it wasn't a far walk to their place for the spare key!!!

I think it took Vika six months to really understand all of that. At this point, I am pretty sure she isn't converting any more - just gets it. Fortunately it is impossible to lock yourself out of our house. The only way is to leave by the garage and use the opener to close the garage door with keys inside the house. I put Vika's house key on the same keychain as the car keys. Problem solved B-)

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
washes the floor on his hands and knees
Another respected VJ memberette married a dude from Peru, si man. She once wrote that he ignores all of the fancy, high-tech mops that she has and instead uses a rag on a stick. I wrote her and said, "Yours does this, TOO?" We got quite a laugh out of it, and even Mrs. T-B. can laugh about it when I constantly remind her of it.

Although Mrs. T-B. is not a RUBbette, we split chores. She cooks (when she decides to, which is most of the time), cleans pretty well when she gets the bug to do it, and takes care of 10-month-old Mini-Bone. She is also quite handy -- she can paint stuff, put up shelves, and do low-tech mechanical repairs. She even pulled a toilet by herself and replaced the wax ring, needing help only to lift the toilet and position it back on, uff man.

I insist on doing the laundry, and the dishes (she has NOT figured out how to load the machine, and her system -- or lack thereof -- of arranging items drives me apeshit, si man). I can always tell when she has run the machine in my absence, because she always forgets to turn off the wall-switch when the cycles are over, si man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She even pulled a toilet by herself and replaced the wax ring, needing help only to lift the toilet and position it back on, uff man.

Alla would not lift the SEAT of the toilet. I am sure she does not know there IS a wax ring and couldn't possibly care less. She pushes that little handle down and everything is supposed to work or else she knows to say ..

"Garik, Garichka! Solnysko! Pazhalsta idi sudah!"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I always get a kick out of your Russian phonetics. :D

Bozhia Moy!

It is like a third language! And the DOG thinks I speak perfect Russian, responds to every command! Never corrects me! I tell Alla "When I tell the dog to "come here" and she goes away, THEN you can correct my Russian!" :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I think it took Vika six months to really understand all of that. At this point, I am pretty sure she isn't converting any more - just gets it. Fortunately it is impossible to lock yourself out of our house. The only way is to leave by the garage and use the opener to close the garage door with keys inside the house. I put Vika's house key on the same keychain as the car keys. Problem solved B-)

We do not have any locks so that problem is not a problem. She needs to get in the habit of opening the garage door before backing out.

I think Alla gets it, but I am not sure. For cooking, yes she can follow a recipe using English measurements, and she seems to understand "miles per hour" She figured out that the correct way to operate the thermostat is NOT to run it ALL the way to the right or ALL the way to the left. But she still has a problem with the outside temperature if you tell her it will be "about 75 degrees" she is not sure if she needs a coat or not, tell her "24C" and she is fine.

Gary And Alla

I put Vika's house key on the same keychain as the car keys. Problem solved B-)

My wife refuses to do this. So, instead of one set of keys to track down (which she never leaves in the same place, either) she's constantly looking for her "other" keys as well.

Whenever I suggest she put them on one ring and keep that one ring in the same place every time she comes home, "NO! Because I will be do my way." OK... I'll just wait for you in the car.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

My wife refuses to do this. So, instead of one set of keys to track down (which she never leaves in the same place, either) she's constantly looking for her "other" keys as well.

Whenever I suggest she put them on one ring and keep that one ring in the same place every time she comes home, "NO! Because I will be do my way." OK... I'll just wait for you in the car.

The question is "Is this a RUB woman thing or a woman thing?" Alla is the same, can NEVER find her keys or her cell phone, or her glasses. :wacko:

Gary And Alla

The question is "Is this a RUB woman thing or a woman thing?" Alla is the same, can NEVER find her keys or her cell phone, or her glasses. :wacko:

The know it all attitude is a RUB chick thing. Even when they know they are wrong they will never admit it.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

The know it all attitude is a RUB chick thing. Even when they know they are wrong they will never admit it.

I was not aware they ever were wrong. :P

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I always put my keys in the same place every time, but I lose everything else. I have backup glasses I put on to find my regular glasses.

Первый блин комом.

She needs to get in the habit of opening the garage door before backing out.

Definitely a useful habit to get into :lol:

I learned to use this line quite a bit too. She comes out in a cocktail dress to go to the grocery store, I say "you look great, get in the car", if she were to wear a mini skirt to skydive, my repsonse would probably be "we are late, can we go already?". Any other comment and I will hear some version of "I am doing it my way, and I don't need help or permission" :rofl:

I think they are genetically predisposed to reject responsibility for anything negative:

a) I did not do it (your fault)

b) I did it, but you provoked me (your fault)

c) I did it, but you do the same thing all the time (bad influence - your fault really)

d) I did it, but you did something worse (insert example here) last week, month, etc. (comparatively your fault is greater).

Vika really has this patter down due to a lifetime of training with it. It used to irritate, but now I mostly laugh and wonder what they do with each other when two Eastern Europeans have these conversations. We also see some pretty funny applications in our house. Vika drops a glass on the floor, and the stupid American glass is defective and the floor is too hard. She is absolutely not responsible for breaking the glass. Sense of humor is important.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Definitely a useful habit to get into :lol:

I learned to use this line quite a bit too. She comes out in a cocktail dress to go to the grocery store, I say "you look great, get in the car", if she were to wear a mini skirt to skydive, my repsonse would probably be "we are late, can we go already?". Any other comment and I will hear some version of "I am doing it my way, and I don't need help or permission" :rofl:

I think they are genetically predisposed to reject responsibility for anything negative:

a) I did not do it (your fault)

b) I did it, but you provoked me (your fault)

c) I did it, but you do the same thing all the time (bad influence - your fault really)

d) I did it, but you did something worse (insert example here) last week, month, etc. (comparatively your fault is greater).

Vika really has this patter down due to a lifetime of training with it. It used to irritate, but now I mostly laugh and wonder what they do with each other when two Eastern Europeans have these conversations. We also see some pretty funny applications in our house. Vika drops a glass on the floor, and the stupid American glass is defective and the floor is too hard. She is absolutely not responsible for breaking the glass. Sense of humor is important.

:rofl:

I think you have cracked the CODE! Now we can WIN! :dance:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.