TBoneTX

RUBbette Wives & Housework, si man

891 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Does your RUBbette wife do all of the housework, most of it, some of it, not much of it, or none of it? If not all, then what, and what's the reasoning for the division of labor? Comments, please man, si man.

What about RUB man folk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:D

Yah...couldn't resist...

Gives new meaning to "guns and pie" :P

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

What about RUB man folk?

This I want to hear. From the time I spent over there it looked like the women did most all the house work even though both the man and wife worked jobs of equal amount of hours. I keep wondering if I got the short end of the stick.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Gives new meaning to "guns and pie" :P

I like pie :P

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

In answer to the original question, I get a lot of "The maid has left" (in various tones of voice, depending).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What about RUB man folk?

My fiance (husband after next Friday!) does the dishes 75% of the time, vacuuming and dusting is about 50-50. He does all the "man" work - taking out the trash, changing light bulbs, fixing stuff that's broke, cleaning the cars, shoveling the driveway.

I cook, do laundry, clean the bathrooms and mop. If I ask him for help with anything he always jumps in - he helps with the cooking when we're having a big party and lots of friends over for example. He is much better at peeling potatoes than I am :-)

Since he got here permanently 3 weeks ago and is not working yet he's also already painted half the house and is working on fixing up an old car. I don't think he could be lazy if he tried!

I do have to agree that most RUB men are not like that :-) I think I lucked out! Although one of my girlfriend's ex-husband (Russian) did 100% of the vacuuming and ironed her work clothes for her every morning.

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

My fiance (husband after next Friday!) does the dishes 75% of the time, vacuuming and dusting is about 50-50. He does all the "man" work - taking out the trash, changing light bulbs, fixing stuff that's broke, cleaning the cars, shoveling the driveway.

I cook, do laundry, clean the bathrooms and mop. If I ask him for help with anything he always jumps in - he helps with the cooking when we're having a big party and lots of friends over for example. He is much better at peeling potatoes than I am :-)

Since he got here permanently 3 weeks ago and is not working yet he's also already painted half the house and is working on fixing up an old car. I don't think he could be lazy if he tried!

I do have to agree that most RUB men are not like that :-) I think I lucked out! Although one of my girlfriend's ex-husband (Russian) did 100% of the vacuuming and ironed her work clothes for her every morning.

I feel like a lazy person after reading that post. :(

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Alla chooses colors, I paint. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I've actually never had a problem with getting RUB men to do housework. I've even had guys that I am Just Friends with come over and tidy up my room and cook for me, but this may just be indicative of my own lack of domestic skills more than anything else. :( I can cook now, but only because a RUB ex of mine taught me how.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What about RUB man folk?

My dad does all the "men work", cooks, does the ironing (he thinks that men do the ironing better than women... my husband does not agree with him :lol: ) and helps my mom to clean.

In answer to the original question, I get a lot of "The maid has left" (in various tones of voice, depending).

:lol: I say that too sometimes.

My husband says that while American women are tougher than me on the outside, they are actually more submissive, but... for some reason he likes me better. I guess, that's what they call love :)

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've actually never had a problem with getting RUB men to do housework. I've even had guys that I am Just Friends with come over and tidy up my room and cook for me, but this may just be indicative of my own lack of domestic skills more than anything else. :( I can cook now, but only because a RUB ex of mine taught me how.

I couldn't really cook until a couple of months ago.

I'm bored at home, so sometimes I'll cook something. The weird thing is that I never ruined anything. My husband says: "Why did you lie to me? You said you couldn't cook and you can!" :blush:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

I'm bored at home, so sometimes I'll cook something. The weird thing is that I never ruined anything. My husband says: "Why did you lie to me? You said you couldn't cook and you can!" :blush:

This is almost exactly what I said to my fiance. LOL She has been here for less than 2 weeks and has cooked some very delicious meals. I am very surprised so far. :)

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Timeline

So far I have been good with the level of chores I've been doing versus what she has been doing. She mostly cooks, cleans, and orginizes and I do the more manly chores usually. She usually prepares my lunches from the leftovers of the previous nights dinner. I do help out with washing the dishes after she has been cooking for many hours just to repay her for her great effort in the kitchen. So far I've been the one doing the laundry, but that's OK with me since it's not a big deal. Overall right now, she's doing more housework since I'm working and she's not. I'm happy with how it is now. :thumbs:

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

How often do you guys change lightbulbs? Gosh, is that really a "chore" around your houses?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Good to hear I am not the only one in this forum who married a RUB man. I also experience similar here at home. We have the "cook doesn't clean rule". In other words whomever cooks doesn't have to clean the kitchen and the dishes. I will qualify by saying the first time I suggested that my hubby learn to cook it appeared as if I had slapped him in the face. Apparently he found that suggestion demeaning... guess its not a "mans thing".

He does seem to have a fascination with the laundry machines that has endured for over 10 years now and since I find them extremely boring .. this works for me; and he doesn't half ####### it and leave them in the machine for folding, he folds it like a department store would and puts it away!

"Man things" like car repairs home repairs etc are handled by him and other clean up chores sweeping, mopping, etc are evenly divided with the exception of bathrooms.

I have found that if I want something "manly" done like painting or fixing something done on my time line not his, the technique is to drag out all the equipment ie: paint roller, brushes etc and start the project myself, which ends up in a quick "you don't know what you are doing" comment and he takes over from there.

overall in comparison to my friends reports married to American men it seems I have a much more equal distribution of labor here in our home than they do in theirs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.