Captain Oates

Gold - The RWNJ currency

111 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Glenn Beck and the right wing have been pushing gold god and guns for a long time now.

Buying gold is a political statement and it says you despise your government and the country is doomed and you need it to barter for ammunition and camouflage tents

That is why I short it

It's down down down and I get a double buzz from making money at the same time as watching Glen Beck and his crazies get one in the eye from their beloved markets

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Be careful, Alan. Central banks have printed so much money that gold at $1,700 is cheap and will be cheap at double that price or frankly any price.

Gold is primarily an inflation hedge and we haven't seen any real inflation yet.

But the amount of money that was created out of thin air is truly scary.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Glenn Beck and the right wing have been pushing gold god and guns for a long time now.

Buying gold is a political statement and it says you despise your government and the country is doomed and you need it to barter for ammunition and camouflage tents

That is why I short it

It's down down down and I get a double buzz from making money at the same time as watching Glen Beck and his crazies get one in the eye from their beloved markets

if you have enough ammo stockpiled, you don´t need gold :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

The problem in the world right now is lack of money and not too much - sales and cut prices and promos everywhere

This lot is sliding towards a slump which is disinflation

If that is true, gold, the unproductive asset, will be dumped to pay bills

If repos were confident of winning the election, cutting costs and avoiding inflation, they should sell gold

Perhaps they know they won't win the election and inflation will be the result ?

When the repos stop tipping gold, that will mean they are confident of winning

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The problem in the world right now is lack of money and not too much - sales and cut prices and promos everywhere

This lot is sliding towards a slump which is disinflation

If that is true, gold, the unproductive asset, will be dumped to pay bills

If repos were confident of winning the election, cutting costs and avoiding inflation, they should sell gold

Perhaps they know they won't win the election and inflation will be the result ?

When the repos stop tipping gold, that will mean they are confident of winning

But don't forget China - they have too much money (mostly US dollars due to our trade imbalance) and they don't know what to do with it. They've been quietly diversifying away from the dollar and into other currencies and commodities, including gold amongst other things.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

The value of gold is as artificial as the value of currency or real estate or any other object or entity we place a value upon. Gold can only be worth $1700 an ounce if $1700 dollars is worth $1700 dollars.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

I have silver and ammo. Bring it on Werewolves where ever you are!

Its not the werewolves you need to be afreared of - Its the zombies ! The walking corpses !

orly105.jpg

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Doesn't the USA hold the largest reserves of gold in the world?

Including that in Mike Tyson's teeth ?

Dunno

Buffet says the whole worlds stocks of gold would fit in a swimming pool and its is worth (worth ?) the same as all the agricultural land in the US

and then he says - which would you rather own ?

which is surer to earn you an income in the next 100 years

He has a point

It is now a political football like pepper spray and I reckon right wingers who invest in it as a political statement or a kick at the president, will get burned by their 'own' people

glen beck

moresheep400100.jpg

That is why I short it

The RWNJs are pushing ownership of physical gold and you are shorting what? Gold stocks? gold futures? gold mutual funds?

Who's the nut?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

That is why I short it

Arrogance like this kills even the biggest market geniuses. Lemme guess, you bought Google when it was $100/share, too.

Go ahead and sell your Gold. We'll be buying it from you. Good luck with paper money.

:bonk:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

The value of gold is as artificial as the value of currency or real estate or any other object or entity we place a value upon. Gold can only be worth $1700 an ounce if $1700 dollars is worth $1700 dollars.

That's true. The first ounce of gold I bought was around $250. That $250 is for damn sure not worth now what it was then, and that was only about 10 years ago or so. At least the gold is still worth something.

Kitco.com tracks the price of gold relative to 14 world currencies. Gold's done pretty well against all of them. It's done well as both a hedge, and an investment. It wasn't too long ago that the "experts" used to say that wasn't possible.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Gold has no earning power. Some people see it as a currency

Looking at gold over the long term, it does look to do well - compare it to stocks with earning power and compounded dividends and it losers its luster

You RWNJ's call me arrogant and yet Warren Buffet, an american and the world's most successful investor, refuses to invest in gold because it doesn't earn

Me and warren buffet are arrogant to disdain gold and the VJ RWNJ's are correct ? I prefer his company to yours on this issue.

Also, when gold drops -it drops like a stone with little warning, and far more than stocks

If you look at the people who are pushing it such as Glen Beck and his ilk, the end of this story is clear.

The gold ETF GLD has a high of $185.85 this year - you RWNJ's can go buy it for $165.36 this morning.

..and that is at a time when the USA is threatened with a debt downgrade and the Euro is predicted to collapse. Can there be a happier time for gold and yet it is down 10% already ?

If those two things don't happen, what price gold then ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Gold has no earning power. Some people see it as a currency

Looking at gold over the long term, it does look to do well - compare it to stocks with earning power and compounded dividends and it losers its luster

You RWNJ's call me arrogant and yet Warren Buffet, an american and the world's most successful investor, refuses to invest in gold because it doesn't earn

Me and warren buffet are arrogant to disdain gold and the VJ RWNJ's are correct ? I prefer his company to yours on this issue.

Also, when gold drops -it drops like a stone with little warning, and far more than stocks

If you look at the people who are pushing it such as Glen Beck and his ilk, the end of this story is clear.

The gold ETF GLD has a high of $185.85 this year - you RWNJ's can go buy it for $165.36 this morning.

..and that is at a time when the USA is threatened with a debt downgrade and the Euro is predicted to collapse. Can there be a happier time for gold and yet it is down 10% already ?

If those two things don't happen, what price gold then ?

As a currency, it is doing well against other currencies. Probably because it's hard to print more gold.

It would be less useful if it wasn't for the global epidemic of monetary inflation.

QCjgyJZ.jpg