fiancee86

Support needed- how to cope with waiting for NOA2???

45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG you are soo cute! That's adorable video! Very cool idea. You are super young though!!! Thanks, your video really made me smile and think more about how

powerful love is!

Lol Thank you! And thanks for saying I look super young coz I really am not (I think). I'm in my mid 20s already.

I got ideas from this website too http://www.lovingfromadistance.com/thingsforldrcouplestodo.html

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Yup...I remember the waiting. The waiting was h*ll.

It's amazing how fast all of the stress melted away the moment we were back together again. It was almost like the waiting never happened!

Hang in there...your day will come...and it will be worth the wait!!! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just remember that these timelines, they're just guides. i missed/miss my fiance hugely and some days it really felt genuinely far too much to bear but we had our NOA2 at the four month mark. I'd never have expected that, I'm generally one of the clumsiest/unluckiest people ever, so just keep yourself occupied but you know, when you feel overwhelmed with missing him, allow yourself to do so for a bit. I grew to see the missing him as very much part of the loving him. Of course, nothing makes up for being With them, but I'd rather miss him than Have anybody else. Just keep your eye on the finish line and remember what you are doing this for. Channel your energy into productive stuff, making daft video clips, writing letters, collecting random things from your day to send. It all matters :) Good luck with your path.

Edited by qwerty1974

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would download or rip a movie and send it to my wife. Then, we'd both load up our laptop movie players, set our skype to "always stay on top" and we'd click play on the movie at the same time. That way, we'd watch a movie together, and be able to see each other's faces and hear each other's comments all throughout the movie.

Also, sometimes, (our difference was 12 hours), so she would send me to sleep while getting ready in the mid-morning. I would do the same for her as well.

Send each other packages as often as you can. Those things are precious.

Hang in there, I agree with what someone said, after you're together, it'll all melt away as you realize how worth it it was.

Plus, once you've been through this, imo, you can make it through anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am feeling in need of support. How are you coping with the waiting? I really miss my fiance!!! This whole waiting is killing me!

I saw that Vermont office is back on 5 months processing time- does that mean it won't take longer than 5 months for the NOA2?

I started exercising each day, helps me release stress...but still there are days like today when I feel like screaming! :(

I feel like no one from my family can understand me well, that's why I am writing here. After all we are all going through the same thing.

By the way I wanted to ask if someone had to obtain a police certificate from the US. Does it take long to get it?

I pray for all of us waiting that we will all get approved soon and fly as soon as we can to be with our loved ones!!!!!!!

Hate to make you feel bad but just because it says 5 months doesnt mean much. Mine is at California and hit the 5 months today.

I think what everyone has suggested here is great but at the of the day, you have to be patient as there is nothing that can speed up the process. We have been waiting just on 4 months and its so frustrating to see people get approved before you when they have a later date gggrrr. My fiancee and I talk every day and that helps. I am planning a trip at Christmas to see him other than that, its just a waiting game. Good luck and keep your chin up, just think this time next year you could be together!!:thumbs:

I'm going to be the one with the truth bomb here... *deep breath* ...

NOA2 isn't the end.

There is more work, stress, money, paperwork and more beyond that. It took 7 months total for my husband and I to get married and our NOA2 came at 4 months. Now I am saying this to prepare you, NOT discourage you. The good news is that if you have each other to lean on and vent too. The time apart is sooo hard but that build up is almost rewarding in the end you know? Like a WOW WE DID IT! kind of feeling. It's a marathon. Pace yourself, remember why you are both sacrificing so much right now and realize that in the grand picture it's only a pinch of time compared to the lifetime together ahead :)

PS. Great things to do right now to pass the time is plan for the future together

Start thinking about the next step and gather paperwork and documents together.

Plan the wedding.

Start a scrapbook or photo album and start putting pictures, plane ticket stubs and other things in it that you have and create an "Our Journey" album or something like it. A great thing to have down the line for the Green Card interview :)

7y6qm4.png
.....................................................................................................................................................
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know exactly how tough it is. My fiance and I have been together for almost 6 years! and our application only went thru last August. i say, talk with your fiance everyday, it helps with the longing and the missing him part. Communication is very important. Support each other emotionally, and above all, pray. God will help you through all the hardship. It's really difficult especially if you remember all the being together, the sweet times you shared. Just keep in mind that once you two are married there will be a lot more time you will spend together. that's what you should hold on to, the hope that one day you no longer have to be apart, that one day soon together forever will start. practice patience and it will be ok. For the meantime, talk with your fiance via all the online help e.g skype, yahoo messenger, msn etc.. keep ur mind busy with other things, dont dwell too much and dont count the days! that will even make it worse. when you are busy with other things, like chores or job it will be off your head. Keep busy and communicate with your loved one everyday, time flies fast once you do this. Good Luck to us all!

unfortunatelly missing your loved one will not go away no matter what you do. personally, i drawed. try to find a hobby, something that represents you. or if you're a nerd like me try playing some online

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: Timeline

I would just try and relax a little. You have a life to live where you are and she has a life to live where she is. You just can't stop living your life and wait in anguish. You have to take care of yourself first before you can be in a successful relationship otherwise your just going to get lost and become a depressed desperate person that your fiance doesn't know you by.

Its like when you are in an airplane and they give you those cheesy instructions in case of an emergency. First put your oxygen mask on then help anyone else that needs help putting theres on. They say that because if you dont put yours on first you become may become oxygen deprived and useless to other people. Just think of waiting for you guys to be together as something that triggered the masks from dropping down in front of you on a plane. It can be a stressful crisis but if you just put the oxygen mask on yourself your going to be ok and the people around you will be ok.

I have been in an LDR for 2 years with my newly engaged fiance I have more to wait too kasi I haven't even sent in my petition in yet, but i would try and spend some time with your friends and family and advise your fiance to spend some time with her friends and family as well and encourage her to try and have a good time and be happy. I guess its a little easier for some people than others.... im more of an independent type person so I am just waiting patiently. It helps me too to look at other peoples timelines on this website as well and see how long from when they met until they have finally been together. Some of relationships have been going on longer than mine so that gives me faith in love and the human ability to wait patiently towards achieving whatever long term goals they may have.

Also these are the last months that you will be single so just think of it that way get any little projects done and enjoy it the best way you can with friends because things are going to change

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, working out helps me a lot! I got myself hooked on insanity and it feels great.How funny is it huh? I work out Insanity program to help me not go insane! LOL

Also as you said, the idea of looking good for my fiance is keeping me motivated too.We both made a pack to work out. So far soo good.

Sounds like you are coping well with the waiting. It is refreshing to have strong people helping you out. Thanks! :)

My NOA2 was already approved. And believe me, it's worth the wait. Once you get yours, you'll be screaming for joy. I went crazy over the phone when I called my fiance after getting an e-mail from USCIS.

By the way, try Bikram Yoga also known as hot yoga. It's gonna feel harsh at first but the succeeding sessions will make you feel goooood. It will also improve your posture and tone your muscles. :)

[

Edited by cheerstoamerica

Hi everyone! I am feeling in need of support. How are you coping with the waiting? I really miss my fiance!!! This whole waiting is killing me!

I saw that Vermont office is back on 5 months processing time- does that mean it won't take longer than 5 months for the NOA2?

I started exercising each day, helps me release stress...but still there are days like today when I feel like screaming! :(

I feel like no one from my family can understand me well, that's why I am writing here. After all we are all going through the same thing.

By the way I wanted to ask if someone had to obtain a police certificate from the US. Does it take long to get it?

I pray for all of us waiting that we will all get approved soon and fly as soon as we can to be with our loved ones!!!!!!!

Don't worry you'll be fine! Its quite an anti-climax when the NOA2 comes through. Until then, you must try to be patient but most of all, think about ALL the many things you have to be grateful for in your life. That always made me feel so much more positive and focusing on the positive things is the best pain killer!

You should also sign up for SMS and email notifications on the USCIS website. I signed my fiance (the american national) up to sms's and me to emails so we both got the notification at the same time.

Good Luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess this will teach me some patience.Sometimes it feels like its a quest or something. I really think they should reduce the time to 3 moths tops, all included. :).

Interesting. My fiance got an email saying that my request was approved:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On September 26, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

But it's November 17 and I still didn't get anything! I am really worried because my visa expires in January and I need to receive the package as soon as possible to start making the procedures (documents, fees, medical examination) and then the interview.

Please, cam anyone tell me if it takes that long?? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.