veteranzebra

Visa Journey represents what %

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a idea of the total number of K1 applications that CSC receives monthly. It would be interesting to know how many find Visa Journey, and also to know what CSC's monthly work load is at the moment.

08-05-06 - Sent I-129 (to TSC)

08-08-06 - Received by CSC

08-15-06 - NOA1 notice date

08-18-06 - Touched?(reflecting NOA1 acknowledgement)

08-20-06 - The snail delivered my NOA1:)

09-22-06 - received tickets to visit my fiance, can hardly wait!

10-08-06 - I am back, bummed we have no word

10-12-06 - I GOT TOUCHED! Oh My!

10-13-06 - touched again! C'mon baby no RFEs

10-15-06 - touched on Sunday?

10-16-06 - touched again, they must be working on a big RFE:(

10-19-06 - Approverd October 12, 2006(per the Snail Mail) No web site update yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-23-06 - Package sent to NVC

10-25-06 - Package sent to Embassy:)

10-30-06 - Kiev Embassy received package and sent out package 3! We be in the fast lane now!!!!!

10-31-06 - received NVC letter stating our package would be sent in a week. To late!

11-01-06 - Package three sent

11-01-06 - Sent Kev 1 form back same day!

11-07-06 - received package 4, Interview scheduled for Novmeber 27:) now we are cooking with gas!!

Does anyone have a idea of the total number of K1 applications that CSC receives monthly. It would be interesting to know how many find Visa Journey, and also to know what CSC's monthly work load is at the moment.

I don't think anyone on this site would have access to that information.

CSC does a lot more than just process fiance visa applications. Have you ever looked at the number of visas that are available? Plus there are Adjustment of Status applications, Employment Authorizations, foreign adoptions, etc. Then there is the number of immigrants in California to consider.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I may not have that exact info but you may find this data to be interesting that Mew posted September 1

I just thought it was interesting.

Petitions handled by each SC

Table from USCIS showing entries on K1 in 2005 (among other visas). They even have data sorted by state.

Thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29903

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

According to that source, there were 32,900 K1 entrants in 2005. Suppose that this is a reasonable guess of how many applications they have.

Looking at the Immigration Timelines, we have 1150 applications so far in 2006, which will probably mean about 1500 for the year. Thus we are about 5% of the applications.

When presidential polls are done of 100,000,000 voters (a guess), they poll about 1000-1500 people, and get results that are accurate within 3%. If our membership is typical of K1 applicants, then analysis of our applications is probably a pretty good picture of what's going on with all applicants.

Overall, Internet users may be more affluent and/or computer savy than others. But if you don't meet the poverty guidelines (directly or with help), then you probably won't start the process. Thus it would surprise me if VJ members are substantially different than the rest of the applicant pool.

Also some steps in the process are totally independent of income. For instance, a name check at NVC or shipment to a consulate are the same, no matter your income.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: Timeline
According to that source, there were 32,900 K1 entrants in 2005. Suppose that this is a reasonable guess of how many applications they have.

Looking at the Immigration Timelines, we have 1150 applications so far in 2006, which will probably mean about 1500 for the year. Thus we are about 5% of the applications.

When presidential polls are done of 100,000,000 voters (a guess), they poll about 1000-1500 people, and get results that are accurate within 3%. If our membership is typical of K1 applicants, then analysis of our applications is probably a pretty good picture of what's going on with all applicants.

Overall, Internet users may be more affluent and/or computer savy than others. But if you don't meet the poverty guidelines (directly or with help), then you probably won't start the process. Thus it would surprise me if VJ members are substantially different than the rest of the applicant pool.

Also some steps in the process are totally independent of income. For instance, a name check at NVC or shipment to a consulate are the same, no matter your income.

Tom

Tom,

You never cease to amaze me how you can say things that I want to say, but I somehow cannot find the words you do to say it.

We are on the same page here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Tom,

You never cease to amaze me how you can say things that I want to say, but I somehow cannot find the words you do to say it.

We are on the same page here.

Thanks! :blush:

Glad to be of help.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Tom

It's so lovely to have a statistican in the VJ family. Thanks! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Tom

Hi Tom,

Excellent work. Thank you very much. :yes::thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

As VJ seems to be the best source of information available to K1 applicants anywhere around, I'd guess VJ members might statistically have a bit easier time getting approved.

Tom

signature here

Not to be rude, but I am not personally worried about getting a approval:) I think approvals are a done deal except in extreme cases.

I am worried most about the time that it takes for this process. Based upon previously quoted stats on average there are over 2,500 K1 visas received a month and a ton more of other types of requests processed at these same locations.

I know I have just started this process, and many are still waiting from March. It is tough waiting and I guess I am looking for a justification to be optimistic that we wont have to wait till next year to get approved. I just do not understand how VSC can be so fast, while supposedly the same goverment entity at CSC is so slow.

I will see my fiance next week for 10 days, which is great, but it will make each day after the visit even tougher than it has already been.

08-05-06 - Sent I-129 (to TSC)

08-08-06 - Received by CSC

08-15-06 - NOA1 notice date

08-18-06 - Touched?(reflecting NOA1 acknowledgement)

08-20-06 - The snail delivered my NOA1:)

09-22-06 - received tickets to visit my fiance, can hardly wait!

10-08-06 - I am back, bummed we have no word

10-12-06 - I GOT TOUCHED! Oh My!

10-13-06 - touched again! C'mon baby no RFEs

10-15-06 - touched on Sunday?

10-16-06 - touched again, they must be working on a big RFE:(

10-19-06 - Approverd October 12, 2006(per the Snail Mail) No web site update yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-23-06 - Package sent to NVC

10-25-06 - Package sent to Embassy:)

10-30-06 - Kiev Embassy received package and sent out package 3! We be in the fast lane now!!!!!

10-31-06 - received NVC letter stating our package would be sent in a week. To late!

11-01-06 - Package three sent

11-01-06 - Sent Kev 1 form back same day!

11-07-06 - received package 4, Interview scheduled for Novmeber 27:) now we are cooking with gas!!

According to the USCIS web site, the most recent statistics available are from May 2006. The service does not distinguish between I-130 and I-129 visa applications so it can be a little confusing. But the May 2006 report shows 68,375 I-130/I-129F applications. The pending applications as of May 2006 from this catagory is set at 1,144,869.

Now, does that put things a little more in perspective. By the way, the total pending applications of all kinds at the end of May was 2,881,253. If they are moving faster it is getting hard to see it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tom

It's so lovely to have a statistican in the VJ family. Thanks! (F)

I second that! Thanks Tom! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.