Lindzie

help... Im depressed now..

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Vanessa,

that's excellent advice and will work like a charm until the U.S. becomes home for you as well.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. At some point the U.S.A. becomes home. I live for close to 20 years in Southern California now, and it has become home for me a very long time ago. I didn't direct my comment to the O.P., more toward you. Once you have lived here for a certain amount of years, have a home you like, a job you like, friends you like, the U.S. may become home for you as well. If you then get divorced in 8, 10, 15, 25 years, I'm not sure you'd be returning to Australia. If you do, that would mean the U.S. has not become your home in all those years. Home is where the heart is; my heart is here. In fact, I haven't been in my old stumping grounds since April 1994. There's nothing I'm missing by not going there, and it has nothing to do with poverty. It's just so much better here in Southern California, regardless of the surrounding circumstances.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

i just want to pick up the pieces here that's why im asking help if i have the chance to stay.. i already sacrificed everything in my home country... thank you to everyone, i will be back on china this december..

[/quo

we're in same situation. thinking of going back to philippines as soon as i will have money even my daughter could stop her study here. I am not here for just america am here for him and expecting have a happy family but not then why i should stay here. I understand your situation.

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I haven't replied to any of these threads and I have been reading them for days. However, just telling an individual to go home kind of sickened me. I moved to Turkey for a man (it did not work out, he left me to go to "work" my 4th week there). Before I left, my stepmother told me that I would be home in 2 months. I had a pride I had to uphold. I was raped in Istanbul my sixth month there. I wanted to leave but I was ashamed that my stepmother would be correct and I would come home like a dog with my tail in between my legs. My friend (female), encouraged me to stay in Turkey. I went to the southeastern region. I met my husband there. One of the most wonderful people I have met in my life. I stuck it out. Sometimes home is not the answer. I am sorry but sometimes, you have to prove to others and yourself you are strong enough to make it in a foreign land. I stayed in Turkey for 2 and 1/2 years. I moved back to the States because Turkey is too different for me. However, if someone is comfortable in a place they are in and want to stick it out. I say more props to 'em and good luck!!!

put you in jail?????? for what reason? he cant put you in jail, dont give importance to that nonsense. you can always go home, but if you really wanna stay, you can apply for VAWA, the mental abuse is a little harder to prove but you can always try.

now lets be serious if she wants to stay its HER choice and hers only. i gave up everything i had in my country so going back would be suicidal without anything there. let's not judge this

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Closing thread that was over a year old before yesterday's post. PLease pay attention to the date of the OP and last reply before replying in a thread- the OP has not been back for over a year ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.