ypyskpy

Contacting a Congressman

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am about to contact my congressman to see if he can provide any help on my case. But I was wondering, is there anyone out there who has done this before that can provide me with some advice or give me any kind of information about this? I would really appreciate ANY feedback!

Thanks so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes allot of people have done this. From your timeframe they might be able to make a congressional inquiry. But I think the thread will help you out on this. I'm sure that because your fiance is from Jordan might have thrown up some flags. I hate to say but we still live in a world where people still pass judgement. I'm just happy that the Cold War is over for me. I did write to my congressman but a couple of weeks after I did I got my NOA2. The day after that I received it they called me back and told me that they had noticed that I got my NOA2. Good luck to you and write away to your congressman.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My congressman helped me a lot. He got my case through the "black hole" with the USCIS. By all means, write!!!!!!!!!!! It definitely can't hurt.

met online November 18, 2004 (my mother's birthday)

first visit February 7, 2005

filed I-129F 3/2005

receipt confirmed 4/29/05

USCIS approval 12/5/05

received P3 3/2006

received P4 6/2006

interview 8/28/06

interview failed with white slip

married November 6, 2006

fourth visit March 2007

filed I-130 for CR1 July 12, 2007

NOA1 received July 26, 2007

fifth visit October 28, 2007

1st wedding anniversary November 6, 2007

NOA2 received March 8, 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you for the help that has been given. I will definitely contact them tomorrow. Can anyone give me an idea of what they need to help me out? What sort of information do they require? Is it just my case number? Sorry, I feel like such an idiot with this :unsure: ....but I have been waiting for so long, and I am very open to all suggestions. Thanks again! :D

Filed: Timeline

I had good experiences walking into the Congressman's local office and talking to the case worker in person. Just bring the file you have and they'll get what they need. If a personal visit is out of the question for whatever reason, maybe you can just call them up and tell them what assistance you're looking for.

Thank you for the help that has been given. I will definitely contact them tomorrow. Can anyone give me an idea of what they need to help me out? What sort of information do they require? Is it just my case number? Sorry, I feel like such an idiot with this :unsure: ....but I have been waiting for so long, and I am very open to all suggestions. Thanks again! :D

Remember you have a US Congressman and 2 Senators. You will most likely work with an aide who handles immigration issues. If one aide in one office is not helpful call another office. Find one that seems to be helpful and has a sense of what needs to be done.

Be prepared to give them as much detail as possible about your case in terms of dates and correspondence (or lack of) with the serivce center. Several members here have been tracking the statistics of approvals, do a search for these posts and use the evidence to show the process of cases. It could help.

Good luck and hope you hear a positive result soon

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am about to contact my congressman to see if he can provide any help on my case. But I was wondering, is there anyone out there who has done this before that can provide me with some advice or give me any kind of information about this? I would really appreciate ANY feedback!

Thanks so much!

i did senator spector is working on my case now. send them a formal letter with anything that has your case number on it and any other information you have recieved from the embassy, micky-sabry :D

Micky- Sabri

I've got a great contact at one of my Senator's offices. I called them got the name of the immigration liason and asked for the fax number. Wrote a quick letter and signed their authorization form. She started a congessional inquiry about 30 days ago for me. She's tenacious. :thumbs: My other Senators office and congressman's office just seemed to go through the motions without holding USCIS accountable. Good luck!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.