khaizen

denied visa due to insufficient income tax return

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am going to ignore al the other people asking questions that should start their own thread and just reply to the OP.

Did you get a 221g or not? Usually they will give you one for an insufficient I-134.

If they did...most consulates use CURRENT income as the determining factor and not LAST YEAR's income. SOME consulates give much more weight to the previous year's tax return. Could be that Manilla is one of those (for those that asked I KNOW Bangkok is one) If that is the case you need to give an explanation or possibly give the 2009 and 2008 return also IF it makes him look better.

How a consulate determines that you meet the requirements is entirely up to the consulate and varies from one to another and even from one case to another.

Your other option, if you do not have a 221g, is to get married and then file for a CR-1 where the affidavit is handled by the NVC and they have a much more consistent review process and also allow co-sponsors

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Current income is more important than last years income. But if last years income is very low because of no job or change of job it is critical to provide good documentation on current job.

You should get a letter signed from his current employer stating that he is a full time and (not a temporary) employee. His job title and his annual salary is. Should have a name, address and phone number of employer so they can verify it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi, My fiance did not have a job for two years , because he was out of the Country and he did not have taxes filled. My future mother in law fill the co-sponsor papers, and was not any problem at all, they did not even ask for his papers because with hers was enough and Approved. Good luck!! Find a co-sponsor.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am going to ignore al the other people asking questions that should start their own thread and just reply to the OP.

Did you get a 221g or not? Usually they will give you one for an insufficient I-134.

If they did...most consulates use CURRENT income as the determining factor and not LAST YEAR's income. SOME consulates give much more weight to the previous year's tax return. Could be that Manilla is one of those (for those that asked I KNOW Bangkok is one) If that is the case you need to give an explanation or possibly give the 2009 and 2008 return also IF it makes him look better.

How a consulate determines that you meet the requirements is entirely up to the consulate and varies from one to another and even from one case to another.

Your other option, if you do not have a 221g, is to get married and then file for a CR-1 where the affidavit is handled by the NVC and they have a much more consistent review process and also allow co-sponsors

Now you're making me scared. I'm over the poverty line now, but I wasn't last year. Ning (VJ member, not me) helped me write letter to explain the situation (I was a student, worked part time), and I included all of my paystubs from my current job, a letter from my employer, and a letter explaining my tax returns with my tax returns. I hope that will be enough for the interview.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

they asked sustained current income, bcuz he make $30,000 something a year but the household size is 5 me,my fiance,his 1 son(his other son supported by his exwife) and my 2 kids. Yes he just graduated couple days ago,after my interview.

how old is his other son? If this other son is under 21 then that son counts in the household size (no matter where he lives or who claims him on tax returns he still counts). It's $32,712 for a 5 person household. It's $37,487 for 6.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This thread got hijacked by Trulyinlove and nearly confused me, if you have a question start your own thread so the OP can get the answer they need as well.

Wow! sorry if its hijacking, is there's any rules in Visajourney that u can't share ur experience,ask and comment on others thread? Im seeking also for help and if its related on what im seeking for then i guess I can ask right? I didnt know there's mean people like u in this community.But i guess there's also people who are always willing to help others not just criticize what they see and hear.

Timeline

She is just sharing her experience during her interview. It's just she doesn't know how to use "quote" function.

yes sorry for that teapot, i always clicking the add reply before i write comment. And didnt know that there's member here that dont want other members to share experience related to the topic ,he is so mean....God bless to him

Timeline

Hey i just want to know if anybody here experience denial of visa due to insufficient income tax return of their fiance. Do i need to file I-601 for them to review our case? What is the best thing to do? Pls help i was so frustrated with the consul that interview me. M fiance is unemployed for the early part of 2010 but in june 2010 he have found job and its paying him enough to support me but the consul insist his not earning good money. ####### is wrong with them?

What do you submit with your I-134 for proof of income? Did you have paycheck stubs? tax returns from other years? bank account info?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My Fiance just worked from last Dec, so he could not provide W2 and tax return documents, but according to the other's experiences in China, he need to write an explanation letter and find a co-sponser (his monther), and his mum need fill in 134 too, hope it's workable for you.

April 25, 2000-First meet in Chengdu China

June 10, 2009- Re-meet again in Hong Kong

May 25, 2011 - Mailed 129f

June 1, 2011 - NOA1

June 10, 2011 - NOA1 hardcopy

October 18, 2011 - NOA2

October 22, 2011 - NOA2 hardcopy

November 3, 2011-Packet3 received

December 5, 2011-sent back Packet3

December 22,2011-be noted about the interview date

February 10,2012-visa approved.

590YyhP.jpg590Yp8.png

y36wp8.png

Wow! sorry if its hijacking, is there's any rules in Visajourney that u can't share ur experience,ask and comment on others thread? Im seeking also for help and if its related on what im seeking for then i guess I can ask right? I didnt know there's mean people like u in this community.But i guess there's also people who are always willing to help others not just criticize what they see and hear.

It's thread etiquette that if you have a question, you ask it in your own new thread. It's considered pretty rude to be asking questions in someone else's thread. Kind of like crashing someone else's meeting and asking questions even though it's not your meeting.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

I lost my job shortly after filing my I-129F and was very concerned about this. I am surprised because when we went to our appointment the consul did not ask for any income tax information, they requested that for our AOS. Anyway, because I was unemployed I showed my income and added a sponsor just in case. We were approved with no problem. Submit a sponsor for support along with your fiance's info and they will have no further excuse.

Con Dios Por Delante...

Sylvia y Radhames

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.