16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Jon and I just came back from our AOS interview in Seattle. Although Jon and I are getting divorced we decided to attend the interview, mainly because we wanted to ask about any future applications.

I thought this would be benefical for anyone else that has to go back home for any reason or for anyone who thinks they have made a mistake.

First I would like to commend the Interviewer she was fantastic and Jon and I could not fault her in anyway what-so-ever.

We went in when she called our name, we took an oath to tell the truth and explained our circumstances. We learned that instead of abanding our AOS we were in FACT withdrawing our AOS application. Jon and I went through all our circumstances with the interviewer and she fully understood all that we said to her. We learned that if I did not have to go back to England that she was going to approve us, the interviewer said that everything was in order, all the way through this process we never once had one RFE, our case was straight forward and no lawyer was involved either. The interviewer told us that we could reapply for a K1, K3 or even DCF in London if we decided in the future to remarry. Our case will remain the property of USCIS for all time.

Here are some pointers which I feel are important.

1. GO TO THE INTERVIEW. This is especially important because if you do not go then you could cause a whole heap of problems in the future. The people at USCIS are there to help you and although some have a bad day ( don't we all at some point??) the general feeling is that if you miss your appointment you could have trouble entering the USA in the future. We were told that I could come and see Jon at any time but I maybe asked a few more questions than usual at the POE. When I asked if I was ok to leave on the 7th of October the interviewer said yes that was fine, she said because we went to the interview we were NOT abanding our AOS so the time I left was immaterial, I did have my ticket with me, so my advise is to take that with you just incase you are asked for it.

2. KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS. We were advised to keep all the documents for future reference.

3. KEEP CALM and STATE FACTS ONLY. The people at USCIS are not monsters we tend to dream up, they are normal people with the same problems as all of us. Give information to your particular situation and they will help you and answer any question you may have. Tip.... write questions down before you go to the interview.

Last but not least Jon and I would like to thank all of the people on VJ who have offered support and given valuble advise to us over the past year or so. Our Journey is not over, we have just hit a bump in the road ( kinda got engine trouble) one day we will get it fixed.

Janice and Jon

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Janice, I wish you and Jon all the best for the future. (F)

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You were in an awful predicament and while I was very sorry to read of your upcoming divorce, I am glad that it appears to be amicable and your relationship has possible hope for the future.

I was also glad to see that you did go to the AOS interview regardless, for just the reasons you outlined.

Best wishes for your next journey and may your newly forked paths meet again in the near future. Hugs to you both. (F)

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Jon and I just came back from our AOS interview in Seattle. Although Jon and I are getting divorced we decided to attend the interview, mainly because we wanted to ask about any future applications.

I thought this would be benefical for anyone else that has to go back home for any reason or for anyone who thinks they have made a mistake.

First I would like to commend the Interviewer she was fantastic and Jon and I could not fault her in anyway what-so-ever.

We went in when she called our name, we took an oath to tell the truth and explained our circumstances. We learned that instead of abanding our AOS we were in FACT withdrawing our AOS application. Jon and I went through all our circumstances with the interviewer and she fully understood all that we said to her. We learned that if I did not have to go back to England that she was going to approve us, the interviewer said that everything was in order, all the way through this process we never once had one RFE, our case was straight forward and no lawyer was involved either. The interviewer told us that we could reapply for a K1, K3 or even DCF in London if we decided in the future to remarry. Our case will remain the property of USCIS for all time.

Here are some pointers which I feel are important.

1. GO TO THE INTERVIEW. This is especially important because if you do not go then you could cause a whole heap of problems in the future. The people at USCIS are there to help you and although some have a bad day ( don't we all at some point??) the general feeling is that if you miss your appointment you could have trouble entering the USA in the future. We were told that I could come and see Jon at any time but I maybe asked a few more questions than usual at the POE. When I asked if I was ok to leave on the 7th of October the interviewer said yes that was fine, she said because we went to the interview we were NOT abanding our AOS so the time I left was immaterial, I did have my ticket with me, so my advise is to take that with you just incase you are asked for it.

2. KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS. We were advised to keep all the documents for future reference.

3. KEEP CALM and STATE FACTS ONLY. The people at USCIS are not monsters we tend to dream up, they are normal people with the same problems as all of us. Give information to your particular situation and they will help you and answer any question you may have. Tip.... write questions down before you go to the interview.

Last but not least Jon and I would like to thank all of the people on VJ who have offered support and given valuble advise to us over the past year or so. Our Journey is not over, we have just hit a bump in the road ( kinda got engine trouble) one day we will get it fixed.

Janice and Jon

good luck to you both and thanks for the excellent post

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What an incredible person. You should be very proud of yourself. When you leave this country will have suffered a great loss. We need more people like you, with ethics, standards, and morals. I am sure you will do very well in your life with this kind of attitude.

Good luck!!!

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Timeline
What an incredible person. You should be very proud of yourself. When you leave this country will have suffered a great loss. We need more people like you, with ethics, standards, and morals. I am sure you will do very well in your life with this kind of attitude.

This set me off crying, thank you for the compliment it was very kind of you...thank you everyone else too (F)(F)(F)

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Janice, (F)(L)

Thank you very much for your post. I would like to wish the very best for both of you. Have a good trip and things will work out for you in the long run. :yes:

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Good luck. That was a great post!

Timeline of David's Petition to Remove Conditions:

08-01-2009 I-751 Mailed to VSC

09-01-2009 I-751 received at VSC

12-01-2009 Notice of Action/Receipt received

22-01-2009 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

06-02-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Newark, NJ

05-06-2009 Received notice that removal of conditions has been approved!

David's K1 Timeline Available here

David's AOS Timeline Available here

(F) Hi Janice,

Thanks for sharing your experienced with us in VJ. Good luck and best wishes to both of you...!

Take care and may God bless you always!

Hugs,

Princess

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This set me off crying, thank you for the compliment it was very kind of you...thank you everyone else too (F)(F)(F)

That brought tears to my eyes. That was so nice the way you spoke about Awensun. Those were really nice and thoughtful comments.

I wish you the best of luck on your new journey. (F)

Edited by pink_roses

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was just so impressed with Awensun's style.

If I had been the interviewer I would have given her the green card anyway and begged her to stay in the States.

That brought tears to my eyes. That was so nice the way you spoke about Awensun. Those were really nice and thoughtful comments.

I wish you the best of luck on your new journey. (F)

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

J, you two are awesome---thank you for sharing this unique and valuable report!

I hope everything works out for you sooner than later.

xxx

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.