blackflash

can beneficiary apply for i-864??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

i dont know if i will make 125% above the poverty line. i heard that my spouse can also apply if she continues to get money from the same place when we move to the u.s. she is an italian citizen and gets 3000 euros a month from her father. this should qualify us? so i will fill out a i-864 and so will she and send it together? has anybody have an idea how this works?

I don't think your wife will be able to use her income. Especially since this is not a job but from a family member. Most likely you will need to find a co-sponsor if you don't make over 125%.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Agree with previous reply, the income from dad is unlikely to count. How does she get the money? If it's as part of a long term trust fund it may count...

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

the petitioner is the one that must prove support..

just think italian money.. as just GRAVEY!!

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

what if she owns a house in italy worth 300,000 euros in her name? and what is the 125 % based on in my case? only how much i made last year? or the last 3 years? I was sure that it says total income including spouses and also if she has a saving account with 30,000 euros does this count for anything? also she gets it wired to her bank account every month from her father bak account. and also if i have money in my american bank account saved does this count toward my assests??

THanks for the replies by the way!!!!

Edited by blackflash

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

what if she owns a house in italy worth 300,000 euros in her name? and what is the 125 % based on in my case? only how much i made last year? or the last 3 years? I was sure that it says total income including spouses and also if she has a saving account with 30,000 euros does this count for anything? also she gets it wired to her bank account every month from her father bak account. and also if i have money in my american bank account saved does this count toward my assests??

THanks for the replies by the way!!!!

it does not matter what SHE owns.. you are the one that must show YOU can support HER.. that is just the way it works..

the 125% is based on USA poverty line.. its about $18,000.. so you (for 2 people) need to be above that..

Government.. really just want to know if you have a steady current job NOW, where you salary/pay if 125% over poverty line.. thats why they want pay stubs.. the 3 yrs thing is set in stone for jobs. *so there is some wiggle room here*..

if you don't meet the guide line.. then you will need a sponsor..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

it does not matter what SHE owns.. you are the one that must show YOU can support HER.. that is just the way it works..

the 125% is based on USA poverty line.. its about $18,000.. so you (for 2 people) need to be above that..

Government.. really just want to know if you have a steady current job NOW, where you salary/pay if 125% over poverty line.. thats why they want pay stubs.. the 3 yrs thing is set in stone for jobs. *so there is some wiggle room here*..

if you don't meet the guide line.. then you will need a sponsor..

Ok ok i got ya currently iam working in italy making euros and so i wan to know if this will count ? i should make the 125% but in maybe a ful years work? so if i have the last 4 check stubs do they see if the average meets the requirements per year? and will it count if iam working in europe and will continue the same job while in america becasue i can do most of the work online and over the phone. oh and how many check subs do i need ? and the most recent is what i understand.

Thanks again!!

Edited by blackflash

Timeline

Ok ok i got ya currently iam working in italy making euros and so i wan to know if this will count ? i should make the 125% but in maybe a ful years work? so if i have the last 4 check stubs do they see if the average meets the requirements per year? and will it count if iam working in europe and will continue the same job while in america becasue i can do most of the work online and over the phone. oh and how many check subs do i need ? and the most recent is what i understand.

Thanks again!!

RIGHT FROM travel.state.gov

Can the immigrant visa applicant count assets that he or she owns that are outside the United States, such as real estate or personal property?

Yes, under the following conditions:

•The assets must be convertible to cash within 12 months

•The applicant must show that the assets can be removed from the country where they are located. Many countries have limits on cash or liquid assets that can removed from the country

•The net value of assets is at least five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125 percent of the poverty guideline for the household size.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

RIGHT FROM travel.state.gov

Can the immigrant visa applicant count assets that he or she owns that are outside the United States, such as real estate or personal property?

Yes, under the following conditions:

•The assets must be convertible to cash within 12 months

•The applicant must show that the assets can be removed from the country where they are located. Many countries have limits on cash or liquid assets that can removed from the country

•The net value of assets is at least five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125 percent of the poverty guideline for the household size.

This is correct. I'll add that if the petitioner's income is from a job outside the USA, the income would only count if it will continue from the same source once they are back in the USA. Liquid assets can replace an income shortfall, even if the income is zero but you need $3 in liquid assets to replace $1 in income shortfall. In the context of an I-864, current income is exactly that. The affidavit ASKS about past income but that is historical information. You QUALIFY based on CURRENT INCOME or current income and liquid assets.

I encourage the OP/Petitioner to actually READ the I-864 instructions. Those posters who say the beneficiary's assets and/or continuing "income" don't count, could benefit from reading the instructions too. Unless money from Daddy is from a trust, not just an allowance, it doesn't count whether it will continue or not.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In essence, yes, but it's computed (already noted above) at 1/5th of the 'cash value' , to make up the difference in your stuff.

One-fifth sucks, a lot.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

In essence, yes, but it's computed (already noted above) at 1/5th of the 'cash value' , to make up the difference in your stuff.

One-fifth sucks, a lot.

Yes, the foreigner's assets held abroad would replace an income shortfall at the ratio of 1 to 5. However, that can be solved by moving the cash to a joint account in the USA, so they can use the 1 to 3 calculation. If the asset is a house, it would have to be sold first. A house worth 300,000 Euros would render the 1 to 5 moot unless there were several children involved.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.