Hiker

Over 6 months for NOA2 - how to expedite?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

They arent morons. They are required to follow the proceedure & so are you. The need the correct documents to place in your file. That file will be maintained & used as psrt of your AOS later. Its not their responcibilty to submit the documents.

I DID submit all the requested documents. I DID follow the procedure. I FULFILLED my responsibility and submitted the documents.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I DID submit all the requested documents. I DID follow the procedure. I FULFILLED my responsibility and submitted the documents.

I think YOU made the same mistake as my husband in submitting the document. We found at the AOS meeting that he had not submitted the certified copy.

If you had submitted the correct document you would have gottne the RFE. If you did submit the correct one as you say why didnt you send back the RFE notice & let them know they are the morons & idiots you say they are? You should have refused to send any further documents. You didnt do that because you know you made a mistake. Thats why you sent the certified copies.

You will get a chance to sit in front of an officer at the AOS. When you do just tell them they are idiots for requesting the documents & ask why they did it. There you will learn.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

This always sounds good but will result in nothing. Give it a try so you will know for sure. You cant just call them. Go to the web site of one of yours. Doesnt make any difference which. They all have a staff member trained to placate you. Fill out the form & send it in. Then wait until they contact you some weeks later. When they do ask them what the last action the Senator took on immigration reform. Ask if its true that the immigration laws havent been changed in over 60 years. Ask why. The staff will call USCIS & then tell you the case is under review. Thats all they can do.

File out the form and send it to them is correct (via fax preferably). Wait several weeks is wrong. Fax the form and call them that afternoon. Be proactive, don't wait for responses.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

File out the form and send it to them is correct (via fax preferably). Wait several weeks is wrong. Fax the form and call them that afternoon. Be proactive, don't wait for responses.

I suppose any action is ok but when my husband called Senator Finestines office they said it would take a few weeks to process the request & a few more to get a responce. It took two weeks for them to have time to call USCIS. It then took 30 days for the good Senators staff the send the written responce to us. When they did they sent it to the wrong address.

Sending the info by fax is fine. Calling that afternoon is wrong because they will know nothing at that time. Give it a try & let us know what happened.

I suppose any action is ok but when my husband called Senator Finestines office they said it would take a few weeks to process the request & a few more to get a responce. It took two weeks for them to have time to call USCIS. It then took 30 days for the good Senators staff the send the written responce to us. When they did they sent it to the wrong address.

Sending the info by fax is fine. Calling that afternoon is wrong because they will know nothing at that time. Give it a try & let us know what happened.

This is why you don't call a Senator, but call a Congressman. Congress is dealing with USCIS and not Senate. I've seen a lot of people going to Congressman and getting help.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

I think YOU made the same mistake as my husband in submitting the document. We found at the AOS meeting that he had not submitted the certified copy.

If you had submitted the correct document you would have gottne the RFE. If you did submit the correct one as you say why didnt you send back the RFE notice & let them know they are the morons & idiots you say they are? You should have refused to send any further documents. You didnt do that because you know you made a mistake. Thats why you sent the certified copies.

You will get a chance to sit in front of an officer at the AOS. When you do just tell them they are idiots for requesting the documents & ask why they did it. There you will learn.

You know, in the interest of civility, I've been biting my tongue for months now, but I can't any longer. Most people here are great. But, you and several other high-volume posters on here have this tendency to be especially nasty to other members here. People here are already stressed enough, and you aren't making things any better. You need to rethink your attitude here, or stop posting; either works for me.

To answer your snarky response anyway, the instructions clearly said I could send COPIES of all documents. So, I did. I followed the instructions! And, their response did not indicate what was wrong - if they wanted a certified copy, the RFE should have said so, other than just say they need a divorce certificate, which I had already sent a copy of. That IS moronic! If someone looking at this sees a divorce certificate but has a problem with it being a copy, then a reasonable person would put in the RFE that they need the certified copy, rather than just say they need the same thing again. Obviously, I can't respond to the RFE by sending nothing back, even though they were unclear. So, I sent every document the court has, and all certified; if this does not satisfy their unclear request, then nothing will, since there are no more court documents that can be obtained.

Hello, There was a topic the other day on here that stated a large number of people were pulled off of the K1-K3 process to work on processing the I believe the Hb which is more time sensitive then the K's. Because of this it created a back log. Since a group of people were hired to take care of the back log. Hopefully this information will help. This came from a person who stated that they had a friend who worked for USCIS in vermont. I sort of believe this information whereas Vermont was always known to be the fastest at processing petitions.

Renee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed along with one poster's access to this thread.

cease the bickering.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble searching for the answer. My NOA1 was received by VSC on April 12. I got an RFE after 5 months, and it has been 6 weeks since they received my response to it. Still no NOA2. I'm very unhappy about this.

How do I ask this to be sped up, or do I have to wait for 60 days for RFE response to be processed?

In my case after waiting a ridiculous 8 months, I finally wrote my congressman and in 3 days I got an answer and an approval. I don’t know why it had to take all that for them to just show some consideration for the people whose life they impact in such a profound way. Sometime I think they just don’t care.

Filed: Other Timeline

You can only get a case expedited if you're having an emergency..not because you want it done faster. Rome wasn't built in a day & neither is your green card when there are hundreds of thousands of applications. :lol:

Edited by Connie Chung

April 13, 1980- Born in the United States

One thing I have noticed over the last few months is people getting RFE's about the divorce papers in Massachusetts. I am not sure if the USCIS received the copy of absolute divorce nisi or if it did not have the stamp from the court house. Good luck OP it sounds like you have sent in everything they have asked for.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/328039-divorce/

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You know, in the interest of civility, I've been biting my tongue for months now, but I can't any longer. Most people here are great. But, you and several other high-volume posters on here have this tendency to be especially nasty to other members here. People here are already stressed enough, and you aren't making things any better. You need to rethink your attitude here, or stop posting; either works for me.

To answer your snarky response anyway, the instructions clearly said I could send COPIES of all documents. So, I did. I followed the instructions! And, their response did not indicate what was wrong - if they wanted a certified copy, the RFE should have said so, other than just say they need a divorce certificate, which I had already sent a copy of. That IS moronic! If someone looking at this sees a divorce certificate but has a problem with it being a copy, then a reasonable person would put in the RFE that they need the certified copy, rather than just say they need the same thing again. Obviously, I can't respond to the RFE by sending nothing back, even though they were unclear. So, I sent every document the court has, and all certified; if this does not satisfy their unclear request, then nothing will, since there are no more court documents that can be obtained.

Hang in there, hopefully it will be expedited soon. Each RFE is closely looked at.

Best you can do, is call and speak to a 'live' person at USCIS and calmly discuss your individual case and

see if there's anything else they need. Outside of that, just be patient.

All the best

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.