9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

we recentley filed our AOS. I recieved a 1-797, notice of action. rejection notice. it read: Recently, you submited an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your checkis being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is reqired at this time. (next paragraph) Please be sure to complet the application fully, submit the apppropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation.

I am confused. they did not return and of my documentation. medical tax's etc.. I don't know what to do now. they say no further action is requiered, then tell me to complete the application. anyone with any suggetstion on what my next step should be? thank you

Hello,

we recentley filed our AOS. I recieved a 1-797, notice of action. rejection notice. it read: Recently, you submited an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your checkis being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is reqired at this time. (next paragraph) Please be sure to complet the application fully, submit the apppropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation.

I am confused. they did not return and of my documentation. medical tax's etc.. I don't know what to do now. they say no further action is requiered, then tell me to complete the application. anyone with any suggetstion on what my next step should be? thank you

You must resubmit your AOS documents with the correct fee. They will return an application even if you pay too much.

"That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application." How much did you send? Should have been $1070.00 (985.00 + 85.00 for biometrics)

Hello,

You must resubmit your AOS documents with the correct fee. They will return an application even if you pay too much.

"That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application." How much did you send? Should have been $1070.00 (985.00 + 85.00 for biometrics)

Another question rickinnapa. Did you file your AOS at the Phoenix Lockbox? Typically K-1 AOS goes to Chicago Lockbox.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another question rickinnapa. Did you file your AOS at the Phoenix Lockbox? Typically K-1 AOS goes to Chicago Lockbox.

Scott & Annie: thanks for the response. my cashiers check was for $1070.00 I did send it to the Phoenix lockbox. I thought I read if you live in California you mail it to the Phoenix lock box. Also, did I need to send 2 cahsier checks $985 and $85? I sent one check for a total of $1070.

also, they did not return any of my documents. My wifes Medical that was sent in the sealed envelope, if I file the appilacation again, I don't have all the documents.

Thanks

Scott & Annie: thanks for the response. my cashiers check was for $1070.00 I did send it to the Phoenix lockbox. I thought I read if you live in California you mail it to the Phoenix lock box. Also, did I need to send 2 cahsier checks $985 and $85? I sent one check for a total of $1070.

also, they did not return any of my documents. My wifes Medical that was sent in the sealed envelope, if I file the appilacation again, I don't have all the documents.

Thanks

no only one check.. total of 1070..mail it to chicago lock box... call them for ur other docs.... and be sure to complete all the information on the packet.. :yes:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

no only one check.. total of 1070..mail it to chicago lock box... call them for ur other docs.... and be sure to complete all the information on the packet.. :yes:

It can be two checks, nothing wrong with that.

Hello,

Did you send the EAD or AP and a fee for those?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How was the cheque made out? To USCIS or to the Department of Homeland Security. If it was not properly addressed they would send it back. I am surprised you did not receive back your whole package though. You should have.

I would make an Infopass appointment at your local USCIS office, if it is at all convenient, and bring them in the cheque plus the letter - and if you have any copies of what you have submitted already, bring them as well. They may be able to advise you on what to do next.

Good luck. It sounds like someone made an error - and it may not have been you unless the cheque is improperly addressed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thanks

One check for $1070 is correct.

You need to reread the instructions for form I-485. See pg.5 under the section "Where Should You File Form 485?" See 1-D. This is your filing category if you are a true K-1 Visa holder. Your app should have been mailed to Chicago. i-485instructions

We have some friends who erroneously mailed theirs to Phoenix, which was incorrect. After they called, Phoenix sent them an email saying they had forwarded the app to Texas (which is still not accurate, but Phoenix did this because they live in Georgia). Texas cashed the check, but they have not received a notice that the app has been accepted.

I'm not sure what is going to happen to them next. But they have mailed their app to the wrong place. I think as soon as Texas realizes their app is at the wrong location, Texas may forward to Chicago...but I don't know. All I know is it's been a month over and they have not heard any word from anyone.

It can be two checks, nothing wrong with that.

Did you send the EAD or AP and a fee for those?

I would think this would be acceptable, but we mailed one check so I don't know.

Good point. If you paid for EAD and/or AP, they may return to you. EAD and AP is free when filed with during AOS. But I doubt they would unless you sent all fees as one check (485 fee and EAD/AP fees), meaning you sent too much.

How was the cheque made out? To USCIS or to the Department of Homeland Security. If it was not properly addressed they would send it back.

Good luck. It sounds like someone made an error - and it may not have been you unless the cheque is improperly addressed.

The OP stated the letter says they overpaid the fees.

I think the issue is what does the DHS do when you mail the app to the wrong location. I'm not sure. They have returned your check, and hopefully you'll get your package back soon. Keep us posted please.

Edited by Scott & Annie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.