JCCJ

OCTOBER 2011 K1 FILERS!!

884 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

looks like couple other late October 2011 CSC filer haven't got their NOA2, i'm also on the same boat.

going crazy waiting for NOA2 to come.

Ni hao. Welcome to the forum!

There are couple of us late October 2011 CSC filers that are anxiously waiting for the flurry of NOA2 adjudications. My fiancee in Liaoning province and I are still alternatively telling each other to take a deep breath and be patient.... Whew..... This phase of our visa journey will soon be transitioning onto the next phase.

Wishing you continued good fortune on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am mid October Filer and I am still waiting. :crying:

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Ni hao. Welcome to the forum!

There are couple of us late October 2011 CSC filers that are anxiously waiting for the flurry of NOA2 adjudications. My fiancee in Liaoning province and I are still alternatively telling each other to take a deep breath and be patient.... Whew..... This phase of our visa journey will soon be transitioning onto the next phase.

Wishing you continued good fortune on your visa journey.

Looks like we got the NOA1 on the exact same date, it'd be interesting to see how your and mine journey continues.

Hey!

Australian citizen here, marrying a U.S girl. She filed about mid October and found out a few months later we had been approved! Not long after that we got a letter saying everything was forwarded to the Australian consulate in Sydney. That was about mid February. It's early March now and I still haven't received the package of information the U.S. said they sent me.

Can any Australian's past this stage tell me how long it took to get their package and interview? Thanks!

Rough Timeline
(I'm terrible with dates)

• Met online May 2008
  • Began dating August 2010
  • Met face to face July 2011
  • Became engaged October 2011
  • Filed Petition for Fiancé Visa October 2011
  • Approved case forward to Sydney Consulate February 2012 (with the wrong email address- caused a lot of stress trying fix)
  • Packet 3 sent to Consulate April 11 2012
  • Interview date sent back on April 18 2012 (according to them. I had to email to find out, which I got a reply to on April 26)
  • Interview scheduled for May 15 2012
  • Interview on May 15 2012: VISA APPROVED
  • Visa arrived in hand May 21 2012
  • Hopeful wedding date: July 7
  • Married July 7
  • Filed for AOS several days later
  • April 29, 2013: Immigration requested additional evidence (my medical)

so, i've just checked the uscis site for our i-129f status: "On March 6, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)."

i have not updated the timeline yet (will do it later) as i'd like to keep it as a surprise for her. truthfully, i had expected to get an rfe because i didn't send common evidences as shown by many here on vj. the following items were what i included in the i-129f petition package that i sent to texas lockbox:

- expedia itineraries

- lufthansa luggage tag - date wasn't clear because the flight number stomped on it

- 4 photos without any printed dates (i hand-wrote them on the back of the photos)

that was all sent evidences. the boarding passes were misplaced so i didn't have them while filing the i-129f. i didn't make any copies of my passport pages as the stamped dates were just unreadable, and in addition, i had literally stamps from countries around the world from asia to north america to europe so it was as confusing as it could be. maybe, we were lucky but hopefully, this could ease someone with the same set of evidences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
:thumbs: May the Lord be with all October filers who got the NOA 2. I am October 12 2011... and still waiting and waiting... I am begining to think that this is some kind of a test of patience. CSC wants me to :clock: quietly :reading: a new novel. Something that I can do after work. The worst part is, my passport is with Travisa - so I can't go anywhere until I get it back with my lifelong multiple entry visa. :crying:

N-400 Journey

April 23 2016 - N-400 Window Opens

May 12 2016 - Filed N-400 (new version of form)

May 16 2016 - Received by Phoenix Lock Box

May 18 2016 - Received SMS and Email confirmation

June 10 2016 - Biometrics

Feb 15 2017 - Service Request, response "additional delays"

Feb 15 2017 - Escalation to US Senator ####### Durbin

Mar 01 2017 - Response from Durbins' office - "delayed due to security checks"

April 06 2017 - Emails / SMS received - Interview scheduled

May 15 2017 - Interview - approved in 20 minutes

May 31 2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know I am a worry wart but I am starting to get concerned about my petition. There are some red flags that I am aware of. I am 15 years older than he. I have been married to an Arab before who was already in the US on a tourist visa when we met. That process went fine. This process seems so much more difficult. I have visited him twice. I am going again next month. We chat on skype everyday. I actually went to Jordan last fall to get married but there was a problem with my divorce decree (they didn't like the language in it) so they didn't allow us to marry there. I wanted to file the I130 not the I129F but it didn't happen that way. So now it has been over 4 months since I submitted my petition (I recognize that I am well with in the time frame) but I am starting to freak out a bit. This waiting is starting to get the best of me. I know I should just calm down and relax. I really love the guy. I believe he really loves me. I understand why the government requests the information and does the checks that they do. The waiting is torture. Whew, just had to get that off my chest!

Timeline

Looks like we got the NOA1 on the exact same date, it'd be interesting to see how your and mine journey continues.

Yep, it does appear so. :thumbs: I am continually telling myself that it is not a sprint, but rather a marathon that we have embarked on. Patience....patience....patience....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I received my NOA1 28th October sent to VSC. I want my NOA2 now pleaseeeeeee!

I want my hubby to be, and my baby wants her daddy! Ahh. I'm going stir crazy, I check my inbox AT LEAST 4 times a day and then check online just incase the email wasn't received. Tell me I'm not the only person that does this!?

Timeline

I want my hubby to be, and my baby wants her daddy! Ahh. I'm going stir crazy, I check my inbox AT LEAST 4 times a day and then check online just incase the email wasn't received. Tell me I'm not the only person that does this!?

I know what you mean. However, I am trying to exercise some self-restraint and only checking once daily.....lol :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I also had my NOA1 from VSC on 28th October. I had my NOA2 on January 26th, i sent my packet 3 back last week and had my medical. Maybe you should call VSC?

View my K1 -> ROC Timeline

*Filed I-129F - 21st October 2011* *Applied for SSN - 8th June 2012* *Filed I-751 (arrived) - 26th March 2015

*NOA1 - 28th October 2011* *Filed for AOS, EAD & AP - 26th June 2012* * Check cashed - 30th March 2015
*NOA2 (no RFE) - 26th January 2012* *AOS, EAD, & AP arrive at Chicago Lockbox - 28th June 2012* NOA1 - 26th March 2015 (arrived 3/4/15)

*Packet 3 sent - 27th February 2012* *Email notification of receipt - 3rd July 2012* *No biometrics letter - Service Request submitted 5/4/15
*Medical - February 28th 2012* *Check cashed - 7th July 2012* *Still no biometrics letter - 2nd Service Request submitted - 8/6/15
*Packet 4 received - 17th March 2012* *NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP - 9th July 2012* *Biometrics in Aurora, CO - 8th July 2015*
*Interview in London - 5th April 2012. APPROVED!!!* *Biometrics in Philadelphia (Drummond Road)- 7th August 2012*
*POE Newark, NJ - 16th May 2012 *Biometrics walk in at Philadelphia (Drummond Rd) - 25th July 2012*
*K1 process took 160 days* *Case Transfered to California Service Centre - 26th July 2012*
*SSN DENIED! - 17th August. 10 weeks after I applied!!*

*EAD/AP Approved - 28th August 2012* 59 days
*Married! - 1st June 2012* *EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
*EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
* Re-applied for SSN - 14th September 2012*
*Put in service request at 8mo/3days wait - 19th March 2013*

* AOS Approved!!! - 1st May 2013* Exactly 10 months after applying.

*Green card in hand - 6th May 2013

2yrdn5s0q.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We don't know whether we are considered October filers or November filers...

I find this last month to be the hardest lol I think I have become obsessive-compulsive on this forum and the uscis website!!!

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Timeline

We don't know whether we are considered October filers or November filers...

I find this last month to be the hardest lol I think I have become obsessive-compulsive on this forum and the uscis website!!!

Your NOA1 date is the "Notice Date" printed on your I-797C, Notice of Action, refer to stickie note at the top of the forum page, Example.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your NOA1 date is the "Notice Date" printed on your I-797C, Notice of Action, refer to stickie note at the top of the forum page, Example.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Thanks! I need to update our timeline then since the date on the I-797C is Oct 31 but we got our email/text on Nov 1 :dance:

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.