G&D

Worried

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm beginning to worry! :unsure: I came here a couple of months ago to learn about the K1 process. I have definitely learned a lot...but I'm wondering who to listen too. It seems the way the site is set up, the more "advice" you give the more hearts you get under your name. I thought that meant you were more "knowledgeable" in the process or at least had gone through some practical steps which meant you had personal "experience" and knew what you were talking about. But, and maybe it's just me, I am beginning to realize that those that do the most "talking" are those who do the least amount of useful advising. Yet they get the most "Orange Hearts". Some of these "Orange Heart" award winners are actually advising people on what to do during AOS, Interviews, ROC, etc., when they are actually still trying to get a visa approved. :o Seems illogical and dangerous to listen to these friendly advisers. Wonder if the moderators ever thought of reviewing answers and awarding "Hearts" based on good advise and practical experience? :thumbs: I've also noticed that those with the most hearts seem to be the ones that bicker among themselves the most??? Well, as I said, I have gained much knowledge here and will continue to "glean" from those who seem to know what they are talking about, esp. if they can relate their answers to their practical experience. Thanks for the help everyone...keep those post coming...may he with the most hearts get their 10yr green card first :D

Am I Gonna Get Flamed for This???? :bonk:

That should be Hearts in the title...sorry

Edited by G&D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

People will constantly remind you to read the guides - the answer lies in the guides. If you do that you can't really go too far wrong. Having said that, every case is different and no one can guarantee the outcome of your case specifically - there are so many variables. They can only draw on their own experience and what they have learned along the way. It's pretty much up to you what you decide to accept or reject, so the more you read, the better. Good luck with your petition.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you have questions then feel free to ask, we will try to advice the best we can. We are not lawyers or professionals and everybody is in a different situation. If you don't "trust" the advices then don't waste your time here. There are plenty of lawyers you can retain to help you. Like the previous poster said, read the guides and instructions. This is a very difficult processs. The more you know and understand, the better... Don't just rely on people to help you.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

I understand what you are talking about. I've noticed a few (very few) people on here who give a lot of advice that isn't correct. But usually someone else will come along and give the correct advice. But there is another feature besides the boxes and hearts. There is also the + symbol at the bottom of the posts. That will let you know how many others agree with that post. Many times the incorrect advice won't receive a + but the correct advice will. That can help you choose the advice to follow.

Also, if you post in the regional forums there are usually fewer people posting and it's easier to learn who gives the good advice and who doesn't.

Good luck on your journey.

I'm beginning to worry! :unsure: I came here a couple of months ago to learn about the K1 process. I have definitely learned a lot...but I'm wondering who to listen too. It seems the way the site is set up, the more "advice" you give the more hearts you get under your name. I thought that meant you were more "knowledgeable" in the process or at least had gone through some practical steps which meant you had personal "experience" and knew what you were talking about. But, and maybe it's just me, I am beginning to realize that those that do the most "talking" are those who do the least amount of useful advising. Yet they get the most "Orange Hearts". Some of these "Orange Heart" award winners are actually advising people on what to do during AOS, Interviews, ROC, etc., when they are actually still trying to get a visa approved. :o Seems illogical and dangerous to listen to these friendly advisers. Wonder if the moderators ever thought of reviewing answers and awarding "Hearts" based on good advise and practical experience? :thumbs: I've also noticed that those with the most hearts seem to be the ones that bicker among themselves the most??? Well, as I said, I have gained much knowledge here and will continue to "glean" from those who seem to know what they are talking about, esp. if they can relate their answers to their practical experience. Thanks for the help everyone...keep those post coming...may he with the most hearts get their 10yr green card first :D

Filed: Timeline

The best advice comes from the USCIS, and the appropriate embassy/consulate. Read the instructions that come with the forms. Like has been said, you may eventually get the right answer here, but too often, only after you have a lot of wrong answers from well meaning, but ignorant posters.

As far as all them big hearts, and blue squares, see my siggie.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Oh...and I do apologize about the topic...that s/b Blue boxes and HEARTS :P

WOW..i got a blue box :dance:

The best course of action is to thoroughly study the guides and wiki. Thoroughly research the process on the official sites (USCIS, NVC and DOS/Consulate) and have a thorough understanding of the law, the steps and procedures involved. Next, if you have questions, use the search and if you find answers compare them with what you have learned from your own research. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, then post your question and again, compare the answers with what you have learned. VJ is a wonderful resource but nothing found on the forums can be assumed to be the best answer or advice.

No two immigration cases are identical and no two paths through the maze are the same so there is a wealth of collective experience here to be shared. There are those who give incorrect answers off the cuff out of ignorance, those who give answers correct in their own case and consulate but not yours and those who give great advice. It is ultimately your responsibility to determine the difference.

The process is long, so when you are bored and have nothing better to do, spend some time in the OT and P&R area and have fun as that is where the hearts are to be found.smile.gif

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

The best course of action is to thoroughly study the guides and wiki. Thoroughly research the process on the official sites (USCIS, NVC and DOS/Consulate) and have a thorough understanding of the law, the steps and procedures involved. Next, if you have questions, use the search and if you find answers compare them with what you have learned from your own research. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, then post your question and again, compare the answers with what you have learned. VJ is a wonderful resource but nothing found on the forums can be assumed to be the best answer or advice.

No two immigration cases are identical and no two paths through the maze are the same so there is a wealth of collective experience here to be shared. There are those who give incorrect answers off the cuff out of ignorance, those who give answers correct in their own case and consulate but not yours and those who give great advice. It is ultimately your responsibility to determine the difference.

The process is long, so when you are bored and have nothing better to do, spend some time in the OT and P&R area and have fun as that is where the hearts are to be found.smile.gif

Good post. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can think of one clown with lots of red hearts being a total jack wagon. most folks here are friendly and helpful, but there's one in every crowd. this site is a treasure trove of info, and also the instructions on the gov't websites and form instructions are very helpful. Because of all that I had all of our stuff RIGHT and breezed through the process!

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2011-03-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-04-05

I-129F RFE(s) : none!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-08-08

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2011-08-16

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2011-09-13

This brought a smile on my face... I have been a member for a year and I did not know about the hearts... I don't usually give advice but if i do, it is based on my own experience and experiences of my friends...

VisaJourney Member Ranks indicate how many posts a member has made on the website. The table below shows the amount of posts to reach each level. When you reach "Platinum Member" status you can change your member name to something other than the default. The number of "blue blocks" and "hearts" in a Member's profile simply correlates directly to their post count and Member Rank. It is not an indication of anything beyond this. This is no way indicates an expertise on any topic or issue with regards to the Forums. (sic)

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/VisaJourney_Member_Ranks

:whistle:

ETA: It appears even the Wiki's are not beyond repute. :lol:

Edited by Crusty Old Perv