17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

WE have copied the first ïmportant pages of the beneficiary´s passport, but here on Visa Journey´s list of what to prepare.. it says we need to send a copy of his passport along with the entry stamps. The passport doesn´t have anything in it.. it´s all blank except for the I-94, the entry stamp when he arrived on the K-1 visa and of course the visa itself. My question is... do we really need to copy the whole empty thing?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

WE have copied the first ïmportant pages of the beneficiary´s passport, but here on Visa Journey´s list of what to prepare.. it says we need to send a copy of his passport along with the entry stamps. The passport doesn´t have anything in it.. it´s all blank except for the I-94, the entry stamp when he arrived on the K-1 visa and of course the visa itself. My question is... do we really need to copy the whole empty thing?

i sent the passport id page, visa page and entry stamp page along with the i-94

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks for the speedy reply. It´s what I was going to do. It seems like a waste of ink copying several blank pages of the passport, but one never knows if it would cause an issue.

Timeline

Thanks for the speedy reply. It´s what I was going to do. It seems like a waste of ink copying several blank pages of the passport, but one never knows if it would cause an issue.

it did not for us

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I sent bio page, visa, and entry stamp. No issue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

This is a no brainer. You are dealing with the government. It says send in all of the pages of the passport in the instructions. So send in all of the pages. I sent in 24 pages, about 12 sheets of paper printed out. Most were blank, but why give some govenrment worker a chance to deny your application just because you want to save a few sheets of paper? You must not think normal in this process, but think government worker.

Do what they say. Any deviations and you run the chance of getting someone in the government that can't deal with it and will deny you just to make their day.

Timeline

This is a no brainer. You are dealing with the government. It says send in all of the pages of the passport in the instructions. So send in all of the pages. I sent in 24 pages, about 12 sheets of paper printed out. Most were blank, but why give some govenrment worker a chance to deny your application just because you want to save a few sheets of paper? You must not think normal in this process, but think government worker.

Do what they say. Any deviations and you run the chance of getting someone in the government that can't deal with it and will deny you just to make their day.

What instructions? just out of interest as your profile says CR-1 and CR-1's don't do AOS so perhaps you're talking I-130 which isn't required for the OP?

**Edit - the I-485 instructions (for AOS) do NOT state all pages of the passport are required. I-130 doesn't state all pages either but it does mention a "copy of the USCs passport" which could mean all pages (most people assume that and do it just in case)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

What instructions? just out of interest as your profile says CR-1 and CR-1's don't do AOS so perhaps you're talking I-130 which isn't required for the OP?

**Edit - the I-485 instructions (for AOS) do NOT state all pages of the passport are required. I-130 doesn't state all pages either but it does mention a "copy of the USCs passport" which could mean all pages (most people assume that and do it just in case)

(most people assume that and do it just in case)

In everycase you should do the things for the "just in case". Some ink and paper is not work getting hosed up imho.

Timeline

(most people assume that and do it just in case)

In everycase you should do the things for the "just in case". Some ink and paper is not work getting hosed up imho.

People have been RFE'd for sending in too much info. USCIS didn't want to sort through it and sent out LONG RFE's asking for evidence that was already submitted in the abnormally large packet.. so sometimes sending too much IS an issue. I prefer to read the instructions and interpret literally. In the OP's case, the I-485 makes no mention of the passport, just the bio, visa and entry stamp page. It DOES mention passport in your I-130 for the USC. We did all that back at the K1 process.

Timeline

People have been RFE'd for sending in too much info. USCIS didn't want to sort through it and sent out LONG RFE's asking for evidence that was already submitted in the abnormally large packet.. so sometimes sending too much IS an issue. I prefer to read the instructions and interpret literally. In the OP's case, the I-485 makes no mention of the passport, just the bio, visa and entry stamp page. It DOES mention passport in your I-130 for the USC. We did all that back at the K1 process.

excuse me for freaking livin and trying to help someone. Won't bother with that again. If USCIS has time to send an RFE for sending in too much info then they have time to get their butt in gear and get this stuff done a little quicker.

good luck with living you perfect life.

Timeline

I sent only my passport's bio page, visa page and entry stamp. I just followed what was asked in the AOS guide here.

Our K1 Visa Timeline

AOS

08-30-2011 - AOS/EAD packet sent

09-12-2011 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD with 09-08 notice date

10-11-2011 - Biometrics appointment (appointment letter received on 09/19)

11-03-2011 - EAD card production request

11-14-2011 - EAD in the mail

12-08-2011 - Interview date (e-mail notification date 11/08) APPROVED!

12-13-2011 - Card production ordered

12-14-2011 - Card mailed to our address

12-17-2011 - Got gc in the mailbox! Valid until 12/13/2013 <wonderful christmas gift>

**No more USCIS for two years**

Timeline

I apreciate the interes of helping , we decided to send just the biograpic informatiion and the visa page and the i-94 my wife posted the this question about the passport, in my acount ,, i was preatty sure there wouldn't be need for copy the whole passport , so we gave them a call and I was right ,, :dance: Edited by J.Alberto

Wouldn't sending in every page of the passport when they ask for only the page(s) containing the visa be a deviation possibly causing a denial??

Like you say, do what they say (which is not sending in every page).

Edited by Matt & Bing

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Timeline

Wouldn't sending in every page of the passport when they ask for only the page(s) containing the visa be a deviation possibly causing a denial??

Like you say, do what they say (which is not sending in every page).

So what's your point? Does it make you feel important to try and belittle someone that was trying to help someone?

I sent in copies of the visa, bio page and any pages with entry stamps. Although to be honest why they'd need the entry stamps is beyond me as they already have that information

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.