one...two...tree

What Americans think about climate change, by political allegiance

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

RESEARCHERS at Yale University have been tracking American opinion on climate change for some years now and showing how it differs according to political allegiance. It has not previously looked at the opinions of respondents who identify with the Tea Party. Tea Partiers, unsurprisingly, tend not to believe in the phenomenon (the 53% who don't believe in global warming just outnumber the 52% who don't believe humans evolved from other animals) and are the most strongly opposed to all sorts of government action on the issue (yet quite keen, like majorities in all sorts of polling, on research into new energy sources). They also distinguish themselves in their assessment of their knowledgeability, with 30% considering themselves very well informed on the issue and a majority happy that it needs no more information on the subject. Where this certainty comes from the poll does not really reveal; when asked about possible sources of information on the subject, from television weathermen to scientists to the government, Tea Partiers were much more likely to react with strong distrust than any other group. However, they were not asked about blogs, and it is interesting that they were far more likely to say they knew about "Climategate", a massive release of e-mails by climate scientists that has been a staple of the blogosphere, than any other group.

20110910_WOC571.gif

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/09/american-public-opinion-and-climate-change?fsrc=scn/fb/wl/dc/greentea

What I find hilarious about all this climate change hokey is the scientists themselves don't even agree on it. Until they do, why does anyone care what the rest of us think?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

What I find hilarious about all this climate change hokey is the scientists themselves don't even agree on it. Until they do, why does anyone care what the rest of us think?

Your statement above kind of confirms the study - that the people who dismiss Global Warming are misinformed and seem heavily influenced by the blogosphere as opposed to reading anything from scientific journals or studies. Since you've admitted you're not much of a reader, this revelation is not surprising.

Timeline

Your statement above kind of confirms the study - that the people who dismiss Global Warming are misinformed and seem heavily influenced by the blogosphere as opposed to reading anything from scientific journals or studies. Since you've admitted you're not much of a reader, this revelation is not surprising.

Well I have read it and find it unproven. Also have seen the evidence where every study has been faked or falsified and mostly just bought and paid for by the Greens. I read a lot and have a science degree. Also I happen to know that most scientists do not agree.star_smile.gif

How can it be that I'm not much of a reader yet I've been able to gather more scientific evidence on this issue than you?

It seems as if all your reading is only coming from one side.

Well I have read it and find it unproven. Also have seen the evidence where every study has been faked or falsified and mostly just bought and paid for by the Greens. I read a lot and have a science degree. Also I happen to know that most scientists do not agree.star_smile.gif

Holy glacier melt! You mean I'm not wrong on an issue that I've obviously not read anything (except stuff out of the blogosphere) about? How can that be?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

How can it be that I'm not much of a reader yet I've been able to gather more scientific evidence on this issue than you?

Holy glacier melt! You mean I'm not wrong on an issue that I've obviously not read anything (except stuff out of the blogosphere) about? How can that be?

Got lucky I am guessing. Toss a coin you have a 50/50 chance of being right.whistling.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The left spins it as conclusive by using their hand-picked groups. Just like they did with their White House lawn appearances from the AMA. Only 18% of doctors are a part of the AMA, but since a large amount of AMA doctors agreed with the health care bill, then apparently ALL doctors agreed with it. :rolleyes:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

The left spins it as conclusive by using their hand-picked groups. Just like they did with their White House lawn appearances from the AMA. Only 18% of doctors are a part of the AMA, but since a large amount of AMA doctors agreed with the health care bill, then apparently ALL doctors agreed with it. :rolleyes:

Of course.star_smile.gif

Timeline

Okay, name the scientific journals you've read on Climate Change which you've based your assumptions on? (What I mean by scientific journals - these are peer-reviewed, not some blogger with a bachelors in biology).

Timeline

Okay, name the scientific journals you've read on Climate Change which you've based your assumptions on? (What I mean by scientific journals - these are peer-reviewed, not some blogger with a bachelors in biology).

Want me to post all the links again.blink.gif

Also is the only peer reviewed journals you will accept are the ones that the IPCC says they can't publish anything that disagrees with GW or they will not be allowed to publish anything. (It sucked those emails got out, huh)

Timeline

Want me to post all the links again.blink.gif

Also is the only peer reviewed journals you will accept are the ones that the IPCC says they can't publish anything that disagrees with GW or they will not be allowed to publish anything. (It sucked those emails got out, huh)

There are no peer-reviewed scientific journals that unequivocally dismiss Global Warming. We've had this argument before and trying to have a rational discussion with you is like running around the mulberry bush a million times. It's futile.

I asked Slim the question so I'd like for him to answer.

Timeline

There are no peer-reviewed scientific journals that unequivocally dismiss Global Warming. We've had this argument before and trying to have a rational discussion with you is like running around the mulberry bush a million times. It's futile.

I asked Slim the question so I'd like for him to answer.

Well you get the bonus and get me also. You posted this trash and I get to post my opinion. star_smile.gif

The peer reviewed journals have to agree to get any studies for them to publish from the Scientific agencies of the National and International funded by Governments. The emails let us all know that the journals are not allowed to post rebuttals or studies that disagree. (That wasn't all the emails told us. FRAUD)

Timeline

Well you get the bonus and get me also. You posted this trash and I get to post my opinion. star_smile.gif

The peer reviewed journals have to agree to get any studies for them to publish from the Scientific agencies of the National and International funded by Governments. The emails let us all know that the journals are not allowed to post rebuttals or studies that disagree. (That wasn't all the emails told us. FRAUD)

You're a conspiracy theorist with extremist views. Sorry, but I have no interest in chasing the weasel with you. Slim made a statement and I responded. I'm waiting for his reply.

Timeline

You're a conspiracy theorist with extremist views. Sorry, but I have no interest in chasing the weasel with you. Slim made a statement and I responded. I'm waiting for his reply.

And you are a sheep that believes anything spoon fed no matter how harmful or detrimental. I am just glad they haven't tried to put perfume on turds and told y'all that it was good enough to eat and good for your health.

Slim do a search on: IPCC emails scandal good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Christie-Hannity RWNs:

A space alien has been here for infinity. One day She created the universe a (few thousand years ago). She got bored and created a son 2,000 years ago from a human and had this only child of Hers tortured and killed (nailed on a cross and left for the vultures).

If you do not believe this the space alien burns you for infinity. If you believe it then you live in la la land for infinity.

Climate change is false

Abortion is wrong

Gay marriage is wrong

Guns are good

Wars are even better

Low taxes for rich people ("harder for a rich person to get to la la land than it is a camel to crawl through the eye of a needle" - quote from the only-child of space alien)

Health care for everyone is bad

Cutting taxes increases government tax revenue

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1