bloveb

Travel Document for LPR.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bhutan
Timeline

Hi All I came up with a new questions,Im holding a Re-entry permit with expiration date march 15th 2012,Im planning to visit Australia in january 2012 for three months or less.I think you already understand what im trying to know is Do i need to renew my travel document before that?

Appriciate your help.

Why did you get a re-entry permit in the first place? They are only needed for absences over a year. Have you been out of the country for a year?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The reason for the current re-entry permit is unnecessary.

Poster should apply again yes. You have to be present in the USA when u apply. If you are currently in the USA and will travel come january then the,pardon isnt necessary.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

The reason for the current re-entry permit is unnecessary.

Poster should apply again yes. You have to be present in the USA when u apply. If you are currently in the USA and will travel come january then the,pardon isnt necessary.

Thats a document i need to travel abroad becoz i dont have my countrys passport.I traveled with that documents twice and thats what i needed to re-enter usa after my visit.is there any other documents like passports beside re-entry permit to travel abroad and enter US?

Timeline

Why did you get a re-entry permit in the first place? They are only needed for absences over a year. Have you been out of the country for a year?

No i haven't been out of the states for a year but i needed that to travel out of states for a short term Visits.And being a PR we need that to re-enter USA if we dont have a passports of any country.I hope you undeerstand why i dont have a passports?

No i haven't been out of the states for a year but i needed that to travel out of states for a short term Visits.And being a PR we need that to re-enter USA if we dont have a passports of any country.I hope you undeerstand why i dont have a passports?

why can't you just get the passport then?

PD: 30 DEC 2008

CC: 12 DEC 2010

Interview: 04 OCT 2011: Approved

POE: 15 OCT 2011 JFK

Yes, now that I know the travel document is in lieu of a passport, but surely your country isn't Australia then if you can't get a passport? Having a flag for a wrong country will get you advice that might not be appropriate for your situation.

I am not sure how using a travel document works in lieu of a passport, because it is a very rare situation. I can make some guesses, but since I don't know, I won't say anything.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yes, now that I know the travel document is in lieu of a passport, but surely your country isn't Australia then if you can't get a passport? Having a flag for a wrong country will get you advice that might not be appropriate for your situation.

I am not sure how using a travel document works in lieu of a passport, because it is a very rare situation. I can make some guesses, but since I don't know, I won't say anything.

Yes, i know how it works in place of passports but i dont if it still works since its expiration date will be near to the date im trying to fly.

Thanks anyway.

why can't you just get the passport then?

I have to wait two more years to became US Citizen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes, i know how it works in place of passports but i dont if it still works since its expiration date will be near to the date im trying to fly.

Thanks anyway.

I have to wait two more years to became US Citizen.

not a US passport but a passport from your country. you should have a passport from your country of origin to travel internationally.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am confused if you are a PR don't you have a GC? And if you are Australian there is o way you left OZ without a passport or entered the US without one. Every traveller needs a passport

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

I am confused if you are a PR don't you have a GC? And if you are Australian there is o way you left OZ without a passport or entered the US without one. Every traveller needs a passport

Ok, i wanna make it crystal clear here,im a Refugee from Bhutan,I came to USA in refugee status with I-94.I dont have passport because its kept by the goverment of Bhutan.Now im a GC holder and i need a Re-entry Permit to travel abroad which lasts for 2 years.Its gonna expire in 3/2012 and im planning to Visit my wife in Australia in JAN-FEB,sO My question was waether or not i have to renew it befofe i travel abroad.

Thanks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, i wanna make it crystal clear here,im a Refugee from Bhutan,I came to USA in refugee status with I-94.I dont have passport because its kept by the goverment of Bhutan.Now im a GC holder and i need a Re-entry Permit to travel abroad which lasts for 2 years.Its gonna expire in 3/2012 and im planning to Visit my wife in Australia in JAN-FEB,sO My question was waether or not i have to renew it befofe i travel abroad.

Thanks.

No since you are travelling back before it expires.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Thankyou RICARDO4EVA2 for the quick response. Any other advices are welcomed.

As long as you come back to the US before the travel document expires, you are perfectly fine. You don't need to renew it if you are sure you will be back before it expires. Also make sure you have your green card and driver's license (or any other state issued IDs) handy all the time as you travel through airports.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.