웃

John Kerry: ‘This is the Tea Party Downgrade’

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

What kind of IDIOTS do not want revenues to go up to pay down this debt (well, make our deficits smaller)? It's like a family that has a large credit card debt refusing a job promotion.

JOHN KERRY: 'THIS IS THE TEA PARTY DOWNGRADE'

Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) continued his attack on the Tea Party on Sunday, calling Standard & Poor's Friday

downgrade of the U.S. credit rating "the Tea Party downgrade."

Speaking on NBC's "Meet the Press," the former presidential candidate said the Tea Party was at fault after its members held up the negotiation process and refused to get on board with plans on the table.

"I believe this is without question the Tea Party downgrade," Kerry said. "This is the Tea Party downgrade because a minority of people in the House of Representatives countered even the will of many Republicans in the United States Senate who were prepared to do a bigger deal, to do $4.7 trillion or $4 trillion, have a mix of reductions and reforms in social security, Medicare, Medicaid, but also recognize that we needed to do some revenue."

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

John Kerry is still mad he lost. :lol:

oh and LI, as I've said before, you can feel free to write a nice big extra check to Uncle Sam whenever you wish to.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What kind of IDIOTS do not want revenues to go up to pay down this debt (well, make our deficits smaller)? It's like a family that has a large credit card debt refusing a job promotion.

So you want your taxes to go up then?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

So you want your taxes to go up then?

Yes

ETA: I got roughly a $1400 refund last year (state and federal)....Why did the government give me this money if they are trillion dollar + 400 billion dollars negative for the year?

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Yes

ETA: I got roughly a $1400 refund last year (state and federal)....Why did the government give me this money if they are trillion dollar + 400 billion dollars negative for the year?

Why didn't you send it back?

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought that the legislation that was passed was passed over the protests of the tea-party. If this downgrade resulted after this legislation (either because of or inspite of it), how can you blame the tea party for the downgrade?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

John Kerry is still mad he lost. :lol:

oh and LI, as I've said before, you can feel free to write a nice big extra check to Uncle Sam whenever you wish to.

But, you have no intention of paying taxes?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I thought that the legislation that was passed was passed over the protests of the tea-party. If this downgrade resulted after this legislation (either because of or inspite of it), how can you blame the tea party for the downgrade?

because for some, it's easier to demonize the tea party than take a long hard look at their own party.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

It's not about the package. It's about the inability of the political system to deal in a credible way with the fiscal challenge before us - i.e. come to the realization that revenues need to come up as part of a credible deficit reduction package. And there's a particular political force standing in the way of that and there is a particular political force that would rather see the US and global economy go to hell - the tea party nuts.

The plan didn't go far enough, mostly because of the opposition of the Tea Party to tax increases. If the plan went further, included tax increases, we probably would have avoided the downgrade.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

It's not about the package. It's about the inability of the political system to deal in a credible way with the fiscal challenge before us - i.e. come to the realization that revenues need to come up as part of a credible deficit reduction package. And there's a particular political force standing in the way of that and there is a particular political force that would rather see the US and global economy go to hell - the tea party nuts.

the economy already went to hell.

the dollar already went to hell.

It's all in hell now as it is.

Just remember, Democrats had 4 years to raise revenues and cut spending the way THEY wanted to. The house and senate under their control, and a 60% willing president the first 2 years and a 100% will president the last 2 years.

They instead chose to pick their nose and eat it.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Timeline

the economy already went to hell.

the dollar already went to hell.

It's all in hell now as it is.

Yes, the economy already went to hell - that started back in 2007/2008. We're all aware of that.

The dollar already went to hell - it bought EUR 1.08 in Jan 2001 and barely bought EUR 0.75 in Jan 2009 - a staggering 30% decline. It has since declined another 6.5% - not good but not nearly as bad a path as it was on.

Yes, and you can thank a Texan for it!