웃

Stock market on Monday (PREDICTIONS)

19 members have voted

1. 1. The Dow Jones closed at 11,444.61 on Friday...Low point on Monday will be....

• Market will go up
    • Flat day
    • -10 to -100
    • -101 to -149
    • -150 to -225
    • -226 to -299
    • -300 to -399
    • -400 to -499
    • -500 to -649
    • -650 to -799
    • -800 to -999
    • -1000 to -2000

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

AT&T and VZ stocks are 2 of the best too hold right now because they are high yielding dividend. Verizon (VZ) is paying stock holders 5.7% right now. Where can you get that return on your bank money? You can't. And I have to believe that people are NOT going to be giving up there Droid Smart phones and iPhones because of a US credit downgrade. :blink:

I will be buying the stock you are selling for the long term. Thanks.

:star:

The million dollar question is will the stock drop more than the dividend? VZ pays a 49 cent quarterly dividend (next one on 9/6/11).

You could buy VZ on 9/5 and still get the 49 cent dividend (or maybe it is 2 days in advance, I cannot remember)...

Current price is $35.05....probably drop a buck tomorrow! Lower prices = more bang (shares) for your buck = 49 cents on each additional share

If she waited until it dropped $1 technically she just paid herself a $1 per share dividend (well, saved herself from a $1/share loss)...

I like O : monthly dividend of 14 cents

ETA: VZ might pay you 5.7% to hold their stock for a year but if it drops more than 5.7% (from current $35.05 to $33.05) then you pretty much held the stock for nothing.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Asian markets getting hammered.

Yeah everything is down about 2 - 2.5% .

In Europe, same story - FTSE, CAC, DAX all down like that.

One interesting sidebar is the US 10 yr is actually UP slightly at the moment, with the yield down 3 basis points to 2.52%.

Since the whole crisis is (supposedly) the S&P downgrade of US treasuries, it sure seems funny to see them RISING even as all the equity markets are sinking. Maybe the selloff is just panic about Italy and Eurozone fears more than it is about S&P. And maybe by afternoon our time, everything will be rallying. Or nosediving. Or something. It's sure to be doing something, right?

Timeline

Probably 5 to 8% is my guess...So what is 5 to 8% of 11,400? A 570 to 915 point drop!

Saudi Arabia -5.5% and Israel -7% so far...Asian markets open at 7pm....Singapore and Hong Kong at 9pm....BUT FIRST Australia at 5pm (less than a half hour)...But they will probably do great!

KhsIN.png

I am expecting a drop in that range but also expect interventions to try and soften the drop and failing that I expect them to suspend trading if it gets too brutal.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oil down below $84/barrel. Needs to keep going DOWN!!!

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!