S_R

K1: What's In A Consular Return Memorandum?

23 posts in this topic

When quoting Marc Ellis's work you should give the man credit

Thanks for the correction but it wasn't deliberate...My earlier post of April 22nd 2011 { http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/306483-denials-of-family-based-immigrant-visas-at-consulates-and-dhs-petition-revocations/ } should confirm that credit is ALWAYS given as at when due .

Edited by S_R

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for the correction but it wasn't deliberate...My earlier post of April 22nd 2011 { http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/306483-denials-of-family-based-immigrant-visas-at-consulates-and-dhs-petition-revocations/ } should confirm that credit is ALWAYS given as at when due .

People should not have to look through your other threads to find that you're quoting someone elses work. Quoting a substantial portion of someone elses writings without proper credit given is plagiarism. When quoting works which are posted on the internet it's also customary to provide a link to the source.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2010,0713-Ellis.shtm

Without quoting the entire article, or giving a link to the original article, you also risk presenting information without the necessary context that might be provided in other parts of the article. For example, the preface you left out of your opening post was:

What follows is a pretty common
list of consular allegations quoted in NOIR's
that I've seen. I'm hoping there are immigration lawyers & USCIS adjudicators reading this article. I invite them to find a single material misrepresentation in any of these consular allegations.

You provided only a paraphrased version of the bolded text. With the additional context of the complete text, anyone who either knows of Marc Ellis, or reads his brief bio at the end of the article, will understand that these are allegations he has personally seen on NOIR's, and because of his extensive dealing with the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, many of these are peculiar to that particular consulate. For example, there are very few other consulates where the lack of a formal engagement ceremony and large celebration involving hundreds of people would be cited as a reason to deny a K1 visa. This "social and cultural norm" is unique to Vietnam.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks For sharing this!!! wish everyone the best in this journey!!!! (L)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6LF5gYDOdY&feature=share

I love you, not because of what you have but because of what I feels.. I care for you, not because you need care but because I want to.. I'm always here for you, not because i wan't you to be with me but because i want to be with you..

I LOVE YOU Lewis .... I SUPER MISS YOU!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

list of consular allegations quoted in Notice of Intention to Revoke (NOIR's)

Photographs submitted as evidence of the relationship indicate that the petitioner and the beneficiary have spent only two or three days together.

The beneficiary and the petitioner did not have an engagement ceremony. This contradicts local, social and cultural norms in which many family members and friends are invited to engagement celebrations numbering in the hundreds of guest for even families of modest means.

The beneficiary is unaware of the basic facts of the petitioner's occupational background. She does not know the name of the petitioner's immediate supervisor. The beneficiary is unaware of the basic facts of the petitioner's occupational background. She does not know the name of any of petitioner's co-workers.

The beneficiary is unaware of the petitioner's day-to-day social contacts.

"The consulate official noted the petitioner is nineteen years older than the beneficiary." There appears to be a communication issue between the couple. The beneficiary submitted letters as evidence of communications. The consulate officer reported an individual signed the letters as ______. The beneficiary claimed that "______" is the petitioner's nickname."

The consulate reported that the beneficiary provided insufficient evidence of a bona fide spousal relationship. Written correspondence submitted as evidence of communication consisted of only one letter.

All of beneficiary's phone calls to the United States were made to an unlisted cell phone.

During the interview, beneficiary stated that she was introduced to the petitioner over the phone by her cousin. The petitioner and her cousin are alleged to be co-workers.

During her consular interview, the beneficiary was unable to answer basic questions about petitioner's family and failed to submit sufficient verifiable evidence to support an ongoing and bona fide spousal relationship with petitioner.

During her consular interview, the beneficiary failed to submit sufficient verifiable evidence to support an ongoing and bona fide spousal relationship with petitioner.

The beneficiary stated that the petitioner proposed in March, 2007, immediately after stepping off the airplane during the petitioner's first visit. The petitioner and the beneficiary were married 19 days later."

The beneficiary claimed that he talked to the petitioner every few days on the phone, but he did not know what the petitioner did last week-end.

The beneficiary divorced her ex-spouse within one year of marrying the petitioner.

The petitioner and beneficiary got married during the petitioner's first visit. The duration of petitioner's entire trip was brief.

The petitioner and the beneficiary do not share a common language

Good information this will assist others.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is great, does not apply to everyone but very very helpful, thanks alot for posting this. :thumbs:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.