GRENXA

221g ( Administrave processing)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I hope i find some more info about this situation in this forum , my hub had interview in April , they told him he needed tax transcripts , after a month the called him again for an interview and did not explain him anything but gave him a paper that says 221g( administrative processing ) , usually this form takes 60 days , in my case is over 70 days , i dont know what to do , i call the embassy no one gives info , i emailed no one gives info . Does any one knows ,any one who had this type of situation , if yes how long it took . this long waiting without knowing when it ends is causing a lot of stress in my life .

Every Answer is truly appreciated.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I hope i find some more info about this situation in this forum , my hub had interview in April , they told him he needed tax transcripts , after a month the called him again for an interview and did not explain him anything but gave him a paper that says 221g( administrative processing ) , usually this form takes 60 days , in my case is over 70 days , i dont know what to do , i call the embassy no one gives info , i emailed no one gives info . Does any one knows ,any one who had this type of situation , if yes how long it took . this long waiting without knowing when it ends is causing a lot of stress in my life .

sorry for u...is the petitioner is on H1b or was on h1b or employment based visa,,bcaz i know few cases having same circumstances...but they are h1b...

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

sorry for u...is the petitioner is on H1b or was on h1b or employment based visa,,bcaz i know few cases having same circumstances...but they are h1b...

Is family Union case , spouse of a American citizen ( IR-1/CR-1 Visa ). Do u know anything of this nature ? waiting for so long is frustrating .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

dont worry .. to me it looks like they are doing the regular fbi name check before issuing the visa .. 98 percent of the name check cases come out in 120 days , so dont worry , jus wait and pray to god .

hope u get your visa soon n mee too .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

According to the State Department they try to resolve the AP by day 60 but there is no set timeframe. If you do not get a response from the embassy call DOS at 202-663-1225 give them your case number and they will give you an update. Hope this helps

God Bless,

Timeline

dont worry .. to me it looks like they are doing the regular fbi name check before issuing the visa .. 98 percent of the name check cases come out in 120 days , so dont worry , jus wait and pray to god .

hope u get your visa soon n mee too .

ohh thank you so much for the response now i know how long it takes , i wish u the best luck ever with ur visa . i have done 90 days , i have one more month .

Timeline

According to the State Department they try to resolve the AP by day 60 but there is no set time frame. If you do not get a response from the embassy call DOS at 202-663-1225 give them your case number and they will give you an update. Hope this helps

God Bless,

Thank u for the info and the phone number , does that phone calls complicate things more , ore might cause any lateness to my case . ??

please give more info if call what they looking from me or what do i need to tell them ??

Timeline

According to the State Department they try to resolve the AP by day 60 but there is no set timeframe. If you do not get a response from the embassy call DOS at 202-663-1225 give them your case number and they will give you an update. Hope this helps

God Bless,

The DOS of state website does say that they try to resolve MOST of the cases within 60 days . the DOS sends the name check request to the fbi and the fbi websites says that they resolve 97%- 98% of the name checks within 120 days , it is the fbi who does the name check not the DOS . calling the DOS will be no good because they cannot predict a timeline .

Timeline

The DOS of state website does say that they try to resolve MOST of the cases within 60 days . the DOS sends the name check request to the fbi and the fbi websites says that they resolve 97%- 98% of the name checks within 120 days , it is the fbi who does the name check not the DOS . calling the DOS will be no good because they cannot predict a timeline .

So u are saying i should call now one just wait ??

Timeline

So u are saying i should call now one just wait ??

There is no harm in calling , because even i called , but most probably you will get no info from there , the only Chance u can get info from the DOS is when your application is out of the fbi name check and is at the DOS or consulate level and you have not being notified about that by the consulate till now .

hope you get a positive response .

Edited by t and k

Timeline

There is no harm in calling , because even i called , but most probably you will get no info from there , the only Chance u can get info from the DOS is when your application is out of the fbi name check and is at the DOS or consulate level and you have not being notified about that by the consulate till now .

hope you get a positive response .

I see how it works , thanks again for all info u provided . is good to share .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i also still waiting for uscis to review my case and it was back on jan and still no response so i call 1800-3755283 finaly got some thank god and she send a reponse to uscis and they e-mail my case haven't been review as yet it so hard for me and my fiance i pray god to make a way out because it cause some much problem with us.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

finally after 5 days i recieved my US visa with multpiple entry valid until 2021...i was given a green form also last july 19 due to i forgot to bring our married license...but it took only 5 working days and i got my visa..our interview wasn't so bad at all before,since i am married to american guy and we didn't apply for immigrant visa instead we apppliied tourist visa only,the officer asked me only one question....WHY U DIDN'T APPLY IMMIGRANT VISA SINCE U R MARRIED TO AMERICAN? so i answered we have no plan to live in the US since i can not have a maid there not like here in phils i have a nanny for my child and a maids to do all the house chore..then the only paper he asked was,our daughter BC and our married license,i had my daughter BC but not our married license,so he said the baby is approved already,unfortunately u r on hold due to our married license is not available,he gave me green form 221g sand x the NSO married license,then he said once u send me ur married license u will be approved,i sent it the next day,after 5 woring days,i recieved my passport with multiple visa entry good for 10 yrs..

so to all waiting for there 221g just be patient,and u will get it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When you are on AP it could take anywhere from few months to a year. It is not for sure how long it will take. Calling DOS once a week could be helpful, for when your case has any new updates they seem to have it on their computers to let you know.

Patience is what would get you through this period of the limbo stage. :thumbs:

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.