GRENXA

221g ( Administrave processing)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

When you are on AP it could take anywhere from few months to a year. It is not for sure how long it will take. Calling DOS once a week could be helpful, for when your case has any new updates they seem to have it on their computers to let you know.

Patience is what would get you through this period of the limbo stage. :thumbs:

Good luck

Thank u for ur answer , the number that i should call every week is 202-663-1225? and to i need to tell them my husb case number? what is the info they need from me so they can give me some updates .

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank u for ur answer , the number that i should call every week is 202-663-1225? and to i need to tell them my husb case number? what is the info they need from me so they can give me some updates .

They will ask you for the case number, your name and birthdate, your SO's name and birthdate. The number you have is correct for DOS. I hope your AP doesn't last much longer.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline

I hope i find some more info about this situation in this forum , my hub had interview in April , they told him he needed tax transcripts , after a month the called him again for an interview and did not explain him anything but gave him a paper that says 221g( administrative processing ) , usually this form takes 60 days , in my case is over 70 days , i dont know what to do , i call the embassy no one gives info , i emailed no one gives info . Does any one knows ,any one who had this type of situation , if yes how long it took . this long waiting without knowing when it ends is causing a lot of stress in my life .

Every Answer is truly appreciated.

Your in AP, i didnt think that standard for Albania, ive never heard anyone get that before, i would call DOS atleast once a week, to see if they can update you, i called nvc everyday until i got case number, might even look better because they see you are concerned about your case, and look like a worried wife;-) theyre used to ppl calling..good luck:D

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Timeline

Your in AP, i didnt think that standard for Albania, ive never heard anyone get that before, i would call DOS atleast once a week, to see if they can update you, i called nvc everyday until i got case number, might even look better because they see you are concerned about your case, and look like a worried wife;-) theyre used to ppl calling..good luck:D

yes the are using AP widely in Albania and return people back for not really strong reason . and let them wait for long long time . so be ready for a long waiting after the interview

wish u gd luck

Timeline

yes the are using AP widely in Albania and return people back for not really strong reason . and let them wait for long long time . so be ready for a long waiting after the interview

wish u gd luck

thank you so much for response they just start this , my friend come here with no problem but that over 6 months ago..i will be with him Aug 9th until whatever happens(i can move to Albania, but if gonna be months of waiting, need to do decisions here:( u think they doing this to weed out fraud and see if marriage lasts??

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

wish u gd luck

Hi Grenxa

Sorry to hear you are in AP and wish you good luck and a speedy approval

Could you please confirm where did you get the info that Albania is widely using AP. I never heard of anyone from Albania being in AP before. When was the last time you heard or spoke to someone that was in AP in Albania and what was the reason for the AP.( besides you)

Any info would be appreciated

Timeline

Hi Grenxa

Could you please confirm where did you get the info that Albania is widely using AP. I never heard of anyone from Albania being in AP before. When was the last time you heard or spoke to someone that was in AP in Albania and what was the reason for the AP.( besides you)

yes i never heard before either, i was wondering same thing..

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Timeline

Hi Grenxa

i havev over 4 month that i ask every albanian that comes out without a visa and ask what is their forms after they get out, all said it is 221 g , is been over 4 month every single of them had a 221g , some of them took one month and half and they got the visa , i know one other spouse took 6 month for the visa , my husband is over 4 month now with a 221g , i dont know when they start but it is not fair what their are doing to people that are under family petition. i am contacting any agency possible here to see what they can do for me . Some will say want to see the marriage , i have been over 5 years married with him . and this interview thing is being very frustrating why should we wait more when we did all the papers right and followed all the rules why ??

Timeline

Grenxa

I understand your frustration. I am having a hard keeping my sanity as it is so I can only imagine what you are going through

I never heard of anyone being in AP before in Albania that is why I asked, but than again if this just a recent thing i wouldn't know.

HMmmm.... so i guess i am just going to send some family and friends over at the embassy to interview everyone that comes out of there if they were given AP

It is frustrating and it is unjust.Hope you get your approval soon and please keep us posted in case we are next

Timeline

i havev over 4 month that i ask every albanian that comes out without a visa and ask what is their forms after they get out, all said it is 221 g , is been over 4 month every single of them had a 221g , some of them took one month and half and they got the visa , i know one other spouse took 6 month for the visa , my husband is over 4 month now with a 221g , i dont know when they start but it is not fair what their are doing to people that are under family petition. i am contacting any agency possible here to see what they can do for me . Some will say want to see the marriage , i have been over 5 years married with him . and this interview thing is being very frustrating why should we wait more when we did all the papers right and followed all the rules why ??

oh okay..didnt realize it was a newer thing either...well if my husband gets ap and its going to last months i will see what he wants to do then...if he gets denied im just staying. the hardest part for us was uscis and going thru nvc now..we waited 7 months for just the noa 2 was going to give up and just as i was looking into flights we got it..so we just went on with process and your right if you follow the rules why dont they help they sure are willing to take our money and keep letting illegals cross from Mexico :angry:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Timeline

I donot want to turn this thread into a political one but sometimes the way a government follows or not follows the instructions of the USA affects the embassy processing as well.

We were in good terms and now we are not..thank you to whoever steals elections and causes instability

Now back to the little peoples problems( us)

I donot know what the outcome of this process will be for us but i refuse to start making plans for the worst case scenario. We will deal with it if it comes our way.

Lets hope that the wind will be on our back for a smooth sailing

USCIS and NVC are the easiest parts of the process even though the wait is a kill. The hardest part is the interview and i can't get over the fact that there is a complete stranger sitting behind a counter that makes my life decision in a matter of minutes

It is what it is. Maybe we will turn into Mexicans and just cross the border...who knows...or maybe i will just move to Europe and take my darling with me and never look back ...oh wait...whose taxes will pay for all the free loaders and their food stamps...hmmmmmm.

I should tell that to the CO at the interview :P

Any of you ladies took part or is planning to be in Albania for the interview?

What are your thought on that?

Grenxa hang in there....a glitch is just a glitch and eventually just goes away

Edited by cipollina

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I donot want to turn this thread into a political one but sometimes the way a government follows or not follows the instructions of the USA affects the embassy processing as well.

We were in good terms and now we are not..thank you to whoever steals elections and causes instability

Now back to the little peoples problems( us)

I donot know what the outcome of this process will be for us but i refuse to start making plans for the worst case scenario. We will deal with it if it comes our way.

Lets hope that the wind will be on our back for a smooth sailing

USCIS and NVC are the easiest parts of the process even though the wait is a kill. The hardest part is the interview and i can't get over the fact that there is a complete stranger sitting behind a counter that makes my life decision in a matter of minutes

It is what it is. Maybe we will turn into Mexicans and just cross the border...who knows...or maybe i will just move to Europe and take my darling with me and never look back ...oh wait...whose taxes will pay for all the free loaders and their food stamps...hmmmmmm.

I should tell that to the CO at the interview :P

Any of you ladies took part or is planning to be in Albania for the interview?

What are your thought on that?

Grenxa hang in there....a glitch is just a glitch and eventually just goes away

The comments regarding Mexico are not appropriate nor relevant to this I601/I212 221g forum or discussion.

Nor is the discussion of the Federal Governments social safety net. If you want to start on thread on this try the OT section.

AP is very common for Albania and so are frequent denials as it is a relatively high fraud location.

Everyone has a different case, different name and different life and job history which results in different reasons for AP. This doesn't make it any easier to be away from family members. Here is some info on VISA security checks;

Good Luck

http://www.greencardlawyers.com/answers_for/VisaProcessing/visasecuritychecks.html

Timeline

The comments regarding Mexico are not appropriate nor relevant to this I601/I212 221g forum or discussion.

Nor is the discussion of the Federal Governments social safety net. If you want to start on thread on this try the OT section.

AP is very common for Albania and so are frequent denials as it is a relatively high fraud location.

Everyone has a different case, different name and different life and job history which results in different reasons for AP. This doesn't make it any easier to be away from family members. Here is some info on VISA security checks;

Good Luck

http://www.greencardlawyers.com/answers_for/VisaProcessing/visasecuritychecks.html

actually ap was not very common for Albania and Actually I have ask the embassy plus USCIS and they DONOT have Albania listed as any higher country than any other country...yes there is countries with lower fraud, Australia, England, etc but that doesn't make Albania high fraud, why does everyone say Albania is when the US government doesn't think so..and when I pay to have my husband here and I live with thousands of illegal immigrants that doesnt pay to come and doesnt have to go thru what I have i think it isnt inappropriate to say so..the people from mexico in love and on here that is going thru what i am GOD BLESS THEM, but they even know illegals have made it harder on them. *sorry for being off topic...

I hope we all get thru this okay..uscis was the hardest for me because we knew at the beginning if not approved i was moving there so it just put us apart longer...i had family issues is why i just didnt move there in first place and we started this...I think all of this is just a bump in the road, and it to shall pass i hope so..

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Timeline

Good Luck

Sergie

Speaking of appropriate comments…..

Where do you base your statement of Albania being a high fraud country?

Do you have any specific data?

AS far as my "inappropriate" statements about Mexican goes here is the data

This data is from 1996...i can only imagine what the real number is today?

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/illegal.pdf

Here is the data about food stamps as of may 2011.This is an article from Wall Street Journal

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/05/31/share-of-population-on-food-stamps-grows-in-most-states/

From the link you provided Albania was not mentioned anywhere that I could see it

This discussion is between Albanians and/or people that are dealing with the Albanian Embassy and the change in policy. No need to police and through links and statements at people when there isn’t any political or geographical knowledge of the region.

Please help us with the data that shows that Albania is a high fraud country and AP is standard procedure.

You knowledge backed up by data will be appreciated

Your assumptions will be considered as such

Timeline

Sergie

Speaking of appropriate comments…..

Where do you base your statement of Albania being a high fraud country?

Do you have any specific data?

AS far as my "inappropriate" statements about Mexican goes here is the data

This data is from 1996...i can only imagine what the real number is today?

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/illegal.pdf

Here is the data about food stamps as of may 2011.This is an article from Wall Street Journal

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/05/31/share-of-population-on-food-stamps-grows-in-most-states/

From the link you provided Albania was not mentioned anywhere that I could see it

This discussion is between Albanians and/or people that are dealing with the Albanian Embassy and the change in policy. No need to police and through links and statements at people when there isn’t any political or geographical knowledge of the region.

Please help us with the data that shows that Albania is a high fraud country and AP is standard procedure.

You knowledge backed up by data will be appreciated

Your assumptions will be considered as such

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.