Shari

AOS Interview in Atlanta

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

:goofy: Good morning everyone! Well Keith and his son Daryl received their AOS Interview letter yesterday and it is scheduled for April 13th. This will be one day short of 6 months that we sent off AOS, so I am surprised AOS has picked up the pace since last year. Too bad the EADs don't pick up the pace.

Anyhow, would any of you that had your AOS interviews in Atlanta recently let me know how it went there? Are they nice? Do they scare you? How long did it take? Did they look at the all the paperwork that is required to bring? Is the location easy to get to? Daryl's appointment is at 10:00 and Keith's is at 10:30. Do you think they will call us all back at the same time? Thanks for any help. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:goofy: Good morning everyone! Well Keith and his son Daryl received their AOS Interview letter yesterday and it is scheduled for April 13th. This will be one day short of 6 months that we sent off AOS, so I am surprised AOS has picked up the pace since last year. Too bad the EADs don't pick up the pace.

Anyhow, would any of you that had your AOS interviews in Atlanta recently let me know how it went there? Are they nice? Do they scare you? How long did it take? Did they look at the all the paperwork that is required to bring? Is the location easy to get to? Daryl's appointment is at 10:00 and Keith's is at 10:30. Do you think they will call us all back at the same time? Thanks for any help. :goofy:

Shari,

My daughter and I also got our interview letter yesterday. Atlanta on April 10@1 and 1:30.

I-129F

12.18.04 Mailed I-129F

12.31.04 NOA1

05.17.05 NOA2

08.22.05 Visa Approved in Montreal

08.24.05 POE at Lewiston, NY

08.27.05 Married

AOS/EAD/AP (K-1)

09.01.05 Mailed AOS/EAD & AP to CHI Lockbox

09.12.05 NOA1 AOS/EAD & AP

11.10.05 AP in mail

12.22.05 Biometrics in Birmingham

12.27.05 EAD arrives in snail mail

03.01.06 Got Vacc Supplement in Tuscaloosa $50

04.10.06 Interview in Atlanta..APPROVED!

04.22.06 Green Card Arrives!!

AOS&AP (K-2)

09.01.05 Mailed AOS & AP to CHI Lockbox

09.12.05 NOA1 AOS & AP

10.06.05 AOS/AP touched

11.25.05 AP arrived in snail mail.

12.22.05 Biometrics in Birmingham

03.01.06 Got Vacc Supplement in Tuscaloosa $50

04.10.06 Interview in Atlanta..APPROVED!

04.22.06 Green Card Arrives!!

I-751 Remove Conditions

01.10.08 Mailed I-751 to VSC

01.18.08 NOA

01.19.08 NOA/Extention letter for Abbey

02.15.08 Biometrics in Birmingham

02.20.08 Touched

05.16.08 ... waiting....

01.12.08 Approved! Card Ordered

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on getting your appointments both Shari and tamz!!!!!

My daughter's AOS interview is this morning at 11:00 a.m., so we're just getting ready to head out. I'm a bit nervous about having the right documents because it's different for a K-2 than it was for me as a K-1.

Shari:

Are you taking any pictures of your step-son? I don't think I have one single picture with my daughter and both me and my husband together!!!!!! (I'm always the person taking the pictures.) I'm going to take some photos of her with my husband, and hope that will do.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

I got my appointment letter for Atlanta yesterday as well. I was so surprised to see an envelope from USCIS...i thought "no way could this be an interview appointment letter". But there it was...april 5, at 8:00 a.m.

How great for all of us. Now on to gathering all the documents.

K-1: May, 2005

Wedding: August, 2005

Conditional Greencard: April, 2006

10-year greencard: Summer, 2008

congrats and goodluck for the interview

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Timeline

:goofy: Tamz, Raymaga, and Taja - CONGRATULATIONS ! ! ! Raymaga - Thanks for the hint on the pictures. Believe it or not we didn't even get to read what is required yet as we were running between my daughter's softball game, dinner, etc. I didn't know I had to have pictures of my step-son since he is going to the interview. We will read over the letter tonight with a fine tooth comb.

Anyone out there that had their interview in Atlanta recently??? :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Congrats on the interview letter! Our interview date was exactly 6 months to the day of entering the US. It shocked me how quickly they seem to be moving cases along this year! I am so relieved!

WOW! Congrats guys. My wife and I got an appointment letter yesterday too for April 13th. It kinda scared us at first figuring that people generally wait a long time to receive that notice. We thought it was a denial letter :P

Looks like the local office in Atlanta is on the ball this year.

Ditto though on the EAD, it was a 103 day wait for my wife...

Edited by tarikj79

Good luck, Shari and Keith! :thumbs:

Wow, I hope Ewen and I fly through in this kind of time! We want to try to get all his applications in before summer vacation starts; from the timetable we're working from, we should be able to do it by late May.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow, congrats all you guys! Looks like they sent out all the applications at the same time. Glad to see Atlanta is finally moving. I guess I just fell in a strange gap where it took forever (rather still is since I'm not done with my journey *sigh*). Best of luck to everyone!!! :)

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Now I am getting worried cause I have not heard anything about our AOS for me and my son and we sent ours in July! Do you think i need to be worried.

Good luck Shari you will have to tell me how it goes.

Crazy brit

26th Nov 04 I29F sent to TCS

29th Nov 04 confirmation from post office that application recieved at TCS

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

8th Feb 05 APPROVED!!!!!! bloody hell I am in shock

12th Feb NOA2 arrives via snail mail

24th Feb Got NVC number

25th Feb email from NVC case has been forwarded to London

4th March Packet 3 received

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

4th March Sent packet 3 back recorded delivery

7th March packet received at Embassy via recorded delivery

28th April Medical in Edinburgh

6th May 2005 Interview thank god!!!! A date at last

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

23rd May flew to Atlanta GA

2nd July Married !!!!!

11th July sent of AOS and EAD

22nd July received NOA's for AOS and EAD

9th September succesfull with a walkin Atlanta for Biometrics

20th Oct had info pass for EAD, EAD issued for one year

4th May AOS interview Atlanta APPROVED!!!!

19th March 2008 Sent application to remove conditions

31st March 2008 received NOA

17th April 2008 Biometrics

Timeline
Now I am getting worried cause I have not heard anything about our AOS for me and my son and we sent ours in July . . .

Crazy brit

:goofy: And you are surprised? :no: None of this whole process every makes sense, but I'm not sure about the worrying part. I know when we started the whole K1 process people weren't getting their AOS interviews for nearly 2 years. Then when we applied in October , our AOS NOA notice said they were processing AOS in six months time and I was very surprised. Considering that you live in Atlanta and will obviously go to Atlanta I would be slightly worried, but the thing is what can you do? The misinformation line will not tell you anything and making an Infopass probably won't help. What did your NOA say on the AOS for processig times? If it is still within the time frame I guess there is not much you can do except maybe contact a representative as some have done. Maybe let them know how long you have been waiting and that people that applied in Oct., Nov., and Dec. are getting appointment dates. Let us know. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

well i phoned them and they said that they are processing applications as of April 05 so mine is not passed yet but i was worried about my sons as the status has not been updated last july when i sent the wrong money in for fingerprinting so i sent the money had a new noa1 but nothing has been updated so miss info said to copy the noa 1 updated one and send them a letter to make sure they do it so thats where i am.

Crazy Brit

26th Nov 04 I29F sent to TCS

29th Nov 04 confirmation from post office that application recieved at TCS

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

8th Feb 05 APPROVED!!!!!! bloody hell I am in shock

12th Feb NOA2 arrives via snail mail

24th Feb Got NVC number

25th Feb email from NVC case has been forwarded to London

4th March Packet 3 received

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

4th March Sent packet 3 back recorded delivery

7th March packet received at Embassy via recorded delivery

28th April Medical in Edinburgh

6th May 2005 Interview thank god!!!! A date at last

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

23rd May flew to Atlanta GA

2nd July Married !!!!!

11th July sent of AOS and EAD

22nd July received NOA's for AOS and EAD

9th September succesfull with a walkin Atlanta for Biometrics

20th Oct had info pass for EAD, EAD issued for one year

4th May AOS interview Atlanta APPROVED!!!!

19th March 2008 Sent application to remove conditions

31st March 2008 received NOA

17th April 2008 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.