Tonga 'Ofa

Affadavit of Support worries hellpp please

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I know what is required for the Affadavit of Support >> 125% of the poverty guideline, which for 1 is like $13,000. I make an annual salary of over $30,000, but I just started this job about 4 months ago. My past three years of tax forms are very low income because I was a full time student, still living with Parents, and then joined the Peace Corps where I was a volunteer and made NO money.

Will my support be denied to my fiance based on past years income? Or do you think I will be okay if I can prove my current income is over 30K and I am in good standing with my employer? I don't have a co-signer.

Please help, any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's up to the consular officer to make that call, but most will accept current income if you can prove it's sufficient, and if you can convince them it's likely to continue for the foreseeable future. This means save your paystubs, and get a letter from your employer stating that you're a full-time permanent employee.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

can amass cash assets, at all?

IMO, a savings account of 60,000 usd trumps much silliness

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's up to the consular

officer to make that call, but most will accept current income if you can prove it's sufficient, and if you can convince them it's likely to continue for the foreseeable future. This means save your paystubs, and get a letter from your employer stating that you're a full-time permanent employee.

Best Answer and make best sense. If it will be 9 to 10 months until the affidavit is needed as well. Also, you said in school. Did you get a degree/associates to present and would that be applyable to your Currant Job. If you meet the eligibility of what Jim posted above I think you will be fine.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have also the same situation and someone told me that u should write up ur own affidavit stating why you don't have a tax returns, and have it signed by a notary public.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

Oh that's a really good Idea. Or, provide both I guess? I have a Bachelor's Degree and can prove it, obviously. I can also prove my service in the Peace Corps. I think that should be sufficient. Thanks everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh that's a really good Idea. Or, provide both I guess? I have a Bachelor's Degree and can prove it, obviously. I can also prove my service in the Peace Corps. I think that should be sufficient. Thanks everyone!

It's a numbers game. You either meet the current income requirement or your don't. From what you've told us here you earn enough money. Support your earnings claim with an employer letter and recent paystubs.

Later at the adjustment of status phase (when filing the I-864 affidavit of support) you will need to explain if you were not required to file a tax return for any of the 3 preceding years. See the form I-864 instructions for an explanation of what the sponsor must submit in this case. It wouldn't hurt to prepare the statement now.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Later at the adjustment of status phase (when filing the I-864 affidavit of support) you will need to explain if you were not required to file a tax return for any of the 3 preceding years. See the form I-864 instructions for an explanation of what the sponsor must submit in this case. It wouldn't hurt to prepare the statement now.

Well, I did file taxes, I just didn't make above the poverty guideline for a household of 1. I made a little and got all my money paid back on tax returns. I just wasn't sure if the low income would be a problem.

I'll definitely go ahead and prepare something though, explaining I was a full time student and a full time volunteer. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, I did file taxes, I just didn't make above the poverty guideline for a household of 1. I made a little and got all my money paid back on tax returns. I just wasn't sure if the low income would be a problem.

I'll definitely go ahead and prepare something though, explaining I was a full time student and a full time volunteer. Thanks!

You have already submitted biographical info that lists what you have been doing during the past 5 years.

What you need to prove is that you now (2011) earn enough to me the income requirement for a household of 2 (unless you have children or dependents then the number is higher). Past income is not an important issue.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.