Usui Takumi

UN: Texas execution broke international law

130 posts in this topic

Then how does Charles Manson get a parole hearing every five years? Of course he has been denied the last 11 times. :unsure:

Alaska doesn't have the death penalty and it doesn't have "life without parole". In Alaska you can kill someone and walk in 20 years with your sentence maxed out.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Reading comprehension much? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of one who gets high and mighty about UN and international law in one context while saying "who cares?" in another. I wasn't directly addressing the OP and haven't expressed my opinions about the Texas death penalty, or the heinous nature of the crime involved.

Eighth Amendment of the United States Constitution. A sacred part of the Bill of Rights.

Furman v. Georgia? Well, this individual is a minority and minorities are overwhelmingly given the death penalty or it is sought in cases where the death penalty is an option. I like exile but that might not be constitutional.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Alaska doesn't have the death penalty and it doesn't have "life without parole". In Alaska you can kill someone and walk in 20 years with your sentence maxed out.

Texas doesn't have life without parole either. It's 30 years basically. I think that's why they are willing to give offenders the death penalty so much. Last I heard they are looking at changing that.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

So Sousuke, your belief against the death penalty comes from the same god that told Israel to commit Genocide? OK, got it now.

Why are you making this so personal? Do you have a grudge against me or something?

Do you want to get into a theological discussion of the Old Testament?

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sousuke, I apologize for making it sound personal. I am not attacking you nor do I have anything against you. I respect your view that you personally do not condone killing anyone no matter what. I just do not understand the statement that god tells us not to kill anyone when it is clearly not the case. If that is your religious views fine but I just don't buy that argument. Again I apologize if I offended you on this. I do not try to change your views but I am also not uncivilized because I am glad a monster that can do this to another human being is no longer here.

1070663.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So the death penalty costs reside mainly in appeals costs. Life without parole prisoners get the same appeals and should be considered to bear the same costs.[/size][/font][/color]

Yup - that's where the MAJORITY of the funds, $$$, gets spent, in the appeals process.

Some ppl can see the hard costs in the billable rates of the defending attornies, but many people forget the slice of salaries for the rest of the people involved in this process - judges, bailiffs, court clerks, the DA's office, etc.

I say any case that doesn't have DNA evidence issues, kill the perp within one year of sentencing, with no review.

No review, IMO, would be some arduous process, however, as the time between the end of the case trial and beginning of the sentence phase would be 'the right time' for any prior case law to be thrown into the mix, not after sentencing. But hei - AI systems already exist, is straightforward to get the research done inbetween these two phases.

IMO, much of the system for intake and processing and even trial 'fronting' needs to be overhauled, swift adjudication can be assisted with AI technologies, si man.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He was given a fair trial, convicted and put to death in a far more humane manner then he deserved. You are wrong, he is dead so it works EXACTLY like that. :thumbs:

Mexico has given up the death penalty? They just send in the Army. Should we be like Mexico? Lets have the drug gangs rule. What Fun.

And yet you suggested he should have been beaten to death with baseball bats. The nature of the man's crime does not give you moral authority to promote or condone torture. Rather it makes you the same as the guy.