spikedog

What are your 'friends' saying?

221 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If I had an amazing charming personality, I wouldn't have to be looking for women that 10,000 miles away from my charms. The international dating industry thrives on schlubs like me. Men who are socially and aesthetically challenged. Big teddy bears with even bigger heart inside (made of cheese).

Bigger wallets and a US birth certificate as well.

If I had an amazing charming personality, I wouldn't have to be looking for women that 10,000 miles away from my charms. The international dating industry thrives on schlubs like me. Men who are socially and aesthetically challenged. Big teddy bears with even bigger heart inside (made of cheese).

Please speak for yourself. (That's why I have asked you (before) if you are sometimes projecting) My wife and I know many (very happily married) Fil-Am couples that met via IDS.

Please don't stereotype.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Please speak for yourself. (That's why I have asked you (before) if you are sometimes projecting) My wife and I know many (very happily married) Fil-Am couples that met via IDS.

Please don't stereotype.

don't sweat people that don't know you brother. i've met your wife, she is a first class lady & she's all about you.

p.s. can you have her hook me up w/ 1 of her keylime pies please? :)

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please don't stereotype.

I'm sure there are. Some international dating sites are better than others, but generally speaking, they tend to use the same sales pitch across the board. And so here's an industry that thrives on stereotyping Filipinas, but you take offense to stereotyping the men who use them? It goes both ways, amigo.

don't sweat people that don't know you brother. i've met your wife, she is a first class lady & she's all about you.

p.s. can you have her hook me up w/ 1 of her keylime pies please? :)

:thumbs: Thanks for the compliment. I'm all about my wife too.

Sure, I will put in an order for an extra pie (for you and Jennilyn) when it comes back up in the rotation. :)

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

Filipina Dating Sites

cherrryblossomsm.jpg

The best place, beyond a doubt, to see the hottest Filipinas is Cherry Blossoms. They're one of the oldest dating sites on the web and they offer a first rate service. Check out their website or read our Cherry Blossoms Review if you want to know more about their services.

A Foreign Affair and Asian Beauties also have a bunch of hot Filipina on their site, and many women who are serious about marriage congregate to A Foreign Affair, but you just can't beat Cherry Blossoms for the sheer volume of Filipina dating profiles.

CB really has become the GoTo site for all hot young Filipinas looking to snag a foreign boyfriend, so I would start your search there.

Filipina Brides

Filipina brides are a real catch. The Philippines is the birth place of modern international dating and it is still a hot spot for foreign brides. Filipinas were the first modern mail order brides back in the 1970's. Women in the Philippines tend to be short, sweet, and very feminine.

Hot Filipinas nearly all speak English and they have a pretty good grasp of Western culture.

That means you that you don't have to spend as much time explaining the basics of life in America to beautiful Filipina women. Usually there are very few social issues to overcome when a Filipina bride marries a man from a Western country.

Religion and Philippines Brides

Most hot Filipina brides are going to take their religion very seriously, especially if there are any children involved. You are probably going to have to go to Mass, learn to play bingo, and attend potluck dinners at the Knights of Columbus hall. If she's sweet, smart, hot, and actually cares about you that's not so bad, but be a man and draw the line at becoming a Notre Dame fan!

Everyone is different and generalizing about national characteristics is one of the biggest mistakes that you can make in international dating, but this is one of the best reasons to meet the your hot Filipinas mom, because if her mother is a wild-eyed pre-Reformation Catholic then that is probably what your girl will be like in twenty or thirty years.

Of course, in twenty or thirty years you probably won't care, but you can never tell. Also, I am sure for Catholic men a hot Philipina bride is a real attraction. Well, if that is your take then you, sir are the proverbial right man in the right place, because there are tons of very conservative Filipina ladies out there for you to choose from.

Generally, these conservative Filipina ladies are going to have the same cultural and religious views as the most conservative elements of the American Catholic Church, but they seem to take veneration of the saints and some of the other traditional elements of Catholic worship farther than is common in the United States or Europe.

Submissive Philippines Girls

With Filipino mail order brides the issue of the submissive bride is something you should be aware of even if submissiveness is not on the list of characteristics you are looking for in a wife or girlfriend, because often the hot Filipinas will assume that you want a submissive bride.

This is because of the Philippines role as the original center of the mail order bride business in the 1970s and 1980s. In those days many older guys, often guys born in the 1920s and even earlier, came to Manila specifically to find a submissive young bride, or at least that was the perception.

But these were literally men born before World War II who felt that the world had turned upside down with the women's rights movement and the other cultural changes of the 1960s. These guys wanted a submissive bride, because they couldn't deal with the modern world.

Well, at least that was the perception even among Filipino mail order brides and it is still the perception to some extent among Philippines women.

This can cause a problem for you, because some of the modern educated young Filipinas really object to the image. So, if you aren't looking for a submissive little lady then you need to explain that right away, because your beautiful Filipina will probably assume that is what you want - a submissive old fashioned bride.

http://www.internati...ilipina-brides/

Edited by DFH

I'm sure there are. Some international dating sites are better than others, but generally speaking, they tend to use the same sales pitch across the board. And so here's an industry that thrives on stereotyping Filipinas, but you take offense to stereotyping the men who use them? It goes both ways, amigo.

Sometime you have to cross a minefield to get to your objective. Ignoring the mines would be just as hazardous as denying that they exist.

Please don't stereotype.

Are you guys really buying this stuff from "DFH" :rofl: He changes his name more than most people change their undies. WOW, 24 posts per day man! Congrats!

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Are you guys really buying this stuff from "DFH" :rofl: He changes his name more than most people change their undies. WOW, 24 posts per day man! Congrats!

That's nothing. At the height of his career, Charles! was posting 100 times a day, and that was without playing the silly off topic games, like, "Who's Next?" or my fault, "What's the Time?"

Timeline

Sometime you have to cross a minefield to get to your objective. Ignoring the mines would be just as hazardous as denying that they exist.

I've stated before and I'll state again - I think international dating (or electronic dating in its various forms) can be a good thing, but it comes with its own precautions, one being that it thrives on selling stereotypes of Filipinas, which in turn seems to attract certain types of men. Why does that make some of the men here flinch? It is what it is. I don't doubt that many of these Fil/Am marriages have been great so far. Hey, as long as both sides are adults and have the capacity to know what they are getting themselves into, go for it. But you can't put frosting on a piece of ####### and call it dessert....unless you're Divine from those John Waters films.

Timeline

If this any indication that my point is hitting home, then I'm glad. The sooner we can get past these threads that focus on men getting defensive about finding a Filipina bride because they bought into the sales pitch, the better for all. :)

Edited by DFH

I've stated before and I'll state again - I think international dating (or electronic dating in its various forms) can be a good thing, but it comes with its own precautions, one being that it thrives on selling stereotypes of Filipinas, which in turn seems to attract certain types of men. Why does that make some of the men here flinch? It is what it is. I don't doubt that many of these Fil/Am marriages have been great so far. Hey, as long as both sides are adults and have the capacity to know what they are getting themselves into, go for it. But you can't put frosting on a piece of ####### and call it dessert....unless you're Divine from those John Waters films.

The problem, Steven, is who is you audience? Most of the poor saps here are already under the spells of the Asian beauties, and wouldn't have it any other way. For them, we need to think positive. The folks you need to warn are the ones that still have their faculties, and wallets, intact.

Hehe... Yup

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.