jskipins

Frustrated with USCIS

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is our experience typical or are we just unlucky? It starts with a RFE notification 5 months to the day that our I-129F was submitted. Receive the RFE and it makes no sense whatsoever. After much time on the phone with USCIS they determine that I was sent the incorrect RFE. Wait two more weeks to get the correct one. It finally arrives requesting proof of our meeting in person asking for pictures and picture/signature page of my passport(keep in mind I previously submitted boarding passes, entry/exit stamps from passport, multiple pictures of us together with unique Kiev sights in the background and copies of lodging receipts on the original I-129F). I immediately send copies of all pages of my entire passport and pictures of the two of us again. At this point I figure it is a little bump in the road and things should move along quickly now. Wrong!

Now a month later, I receive a status notice of an undeliverable I-129F document and the need to call USCIS. I moved two weeks ago and supplied the forwarding address to the post office and filed change of address online with USCIS. Why would this be undeliverable? All my other mail is getting forwarded to the new address! So I make the call to the USCIS phone number as the notice requests. It is impossible to get any information from them, they just read off a script exactly what the status page says. Incredibly frustrating and totally useless, I give the rep my new address again and she informs me it will be another month and I will have the document delivered. She cannot tell me anything about the nature of the document. So a month from now it will be 7 months that our I-129F package is in USCIS and I still don't know if they have approved it to send on to the State Department.

Questions: 1) Is there anyway to get a real status on our case and the nature of the document they are trying to deliver? 2) Are approvals or denials sent via registered mail, is that why it was returned? 3) Out of all the documentation required, the proof of our last meeting in person seems the most straight forward requirement of all, USCIS should have had everything they need on the original submission, what am I missing here?

Any perspective or answers to the above on this would be appreciated. I am really feeling like we received a bogus RFE and are getting the run around so that the CSC does not have to show processing times longer than their 5 months target. Thanks in advance for your input and any suggestions!

Timeline

PS Here is a copy of what I received:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC1190112842

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On June 27, 2011, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. We will hold it for 180 days from June 27, 2011 to allow you time to contact us. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application or application for replacement with fee.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Do you know if you talked to a Tier 2 person at CSC?

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

No, it was more like a Tier 0 person at the USCIS number above. Am I reading the notice wrong? It almost seems to be referring to delivery of a Green Card or other document. Since they sent the wrong RFE last time I never know what to expect from these people. How do you contact a Tier 2 person at CSC? Last time, the only way I got to them was by being referred and transferred over from USCIS.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

In my experience, the USCIS handles changes of addresses very poorly. My wife's nephew won the green card lottery, and I sponsored him, but we moved a month after his arrival in the country. We sent in a change of address to get his green card forwarded. I had moved to Chicago, about 6 blocks from the Immigration office there. It took 3 INFO trips to the immigration office, including having fingerprints taken and supplying passport photos (3X). Since he was required to register with the selective service, and they were able to keep track of his presence, I asked if I would need to bring the media when we returned? I stated he was here legally and the USCIS wasn't able to keep track of him or his location and they had no records of his previous INFO Pass appointments (we did and the name of the IO we spoke to). I was offered a supervisor and she said that there was an issue in the El Paso and we weren't the only ones complaining (She said it had become a black hole, things went in and never came out). She asked me to give them 3 weeks. Thirteen months after he arrived in the country he finally received his Green Card.....and 3 "Welcome to America" letters.

Patience is required for this process.

Timeline

No, it was more like a Tier 0 person at the USCIS number above. Am I reading the notice wrong? It almost seems to be referring to delivery of a Green Card or other document. Since they sent the wrong RFE last time I never know what to expect from these people. How do you contact a Tier 2 person at CSC? Last time, the only way I got to them was by being referred and transferred over from USCIS.

Have a look at this .... You need to talk to someone who will give you some answers.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293330-calling-uscis/

as you've noticed the Tier one's have no information to offer.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Thanks for the follow-up info on how to speak with a Tier 2 person. I just got this sinking feeling that they have screwed something else up again like on the first RFE. I will follow you suggestion and see if I can gain any understanding of what they are trying to send me.

Timeline

Thanks for the follow-up info on how to speak with a Tier 2 person. I just got this sinking feeling that they have screwed something else up again like on the first RFE. I will follow you suggestion and see if I can gain any understanding of what they are trying to send me.

Well we could guess at what they are trying to send you and it could be good news but to avoid going round in circles I think it would be best to get some accurate info from someone who can tell you so you don't lose any more time. Best of luck..

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Souns like your packet got mixed up with someone's and they lost some evidence. And you can not get any information by calling. I was very discouraged as these are operators with a paper in front of them as to what to say and they ask more than answer. I would think a registered letter would get you more action. Yours is just K-1. Many say to contact congreesman so I did, a year ago April. Maybe yours is better than mine.

Jeanne

Is our experience typical or are we just unlucky? It starts with a RFE notification 5 months to the day that our I-129F was submitted. Receive the RFE and it makes no sense whatsoever. After much time on the phone with USCIS they determine that I was sent the incorrect RFE. Wait two more weeks to get the correct one. It finally arrives requesting proof of our meeting in person asking for pictures and picture/signature page of my passport(keep in mind I previously submitted boarding passes, entry/exit stamps from passport, multiple pictures of us together with unique Kiev sights in the background and copies of lodging receipts on the original I-129F). I immediately send copies of all pages of my entire passport and pictures of the two of us again. At this point I figure it is a little bump in the road and things should move along quickly now. Wrong!

Now a month later, I receive a status notice of an undeliverable I-129F document and the need to call USCIS. I moved two weeks ago and supplied the forwarding address to the post office and filed change of address online with USCIS. Why would this be undeliverable? All my other mail is getting forwarded to the new address! So I make the call to the USCIS phone number as the notice requests. It is impossible to get any information from them, they just read off a script exactly what the status page says. Incredibly frustrating and totally useless, I give the rep my new address again and she informs me it will be another month and I will have the document delivered. She cannot tell me anything about the nature of the document. So a month from now it will be 7 months that our I-129F package is in USCIS and I still don't know if they have approved it to send on to the State Department.

Questions: 1) Is there anyway to get a real status on our case and the nature of the document they are trying to deliver? 2) Are approvals or denials sent via registered mail, is that why it was returned? 3) Out of all the documentation required, the proof of our last meeting in person seems the most straight forward requirement of all, USCIS should have had everything they need on the original submission, what am I missing here?

Any perspective or answers to the above on this would be appreciated. I am really feeling like we received a bogus RFE and are getting the run around so that the CSC does not have to show processing times longer than their 5 months target. Thanks in advance for your input and any suggestions!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you try to contact the service center that you sent your petition to ?

You can email your service center directly

Also If they did not do anything about, you can contact USCIS OMBUDSMAN LIAISON

Email the Ombudsman Liaison Unit at OLUInquiries@dhs.gov. Please explain your concern, question, or suggestion as clearly as possible.

Good Luck and hope your Issue get resolved soon

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

PS Here is a copy of what I received:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC1190112842

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On June 27, 2011, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. We will hold it for 180 days from June 27, 2011 to allow you time to contact us. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application or application for replacement with fee.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Sounds very much like your petition is mixed up with someones GC or EAD card. That letter you received is applicable to a person getting one of those cards not for a 129f petition.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear these all stories. I hope everything will be fine and you will be back in to track. I advise you to set up an appointment with InfoPass to find out what is happening with your petition. I did that once and helped me a lot.

Good Luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Timeline

Well I finally got to speak to a Tier 2 ISO who was actually quite helpful. She informed me that our I-129F has been approved by USCIS and forwarded to the NVC. Finally progress!!!! Thanks to all for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.