Joja

Til death or citizenship, whichever comes first

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I used this site faithfully during the process of getting my husband from Morocco to here in the U.S. I wanted to let everyone know that on Sept. 20, 2010 my husband received his citizenship. On October 24, 2010 he left me stating that I have trust issues. Our marriage was wonderful up until that point. We never argued and got along wonderfully together, or so I thought. Then I found a conversation on the computer of him talking with another guy in Morocco who were fighting over a girl. My husband fell in love with her and wanted to get out of the marriage. Our divorce will be final tomorrow. I have lived through a winter of hell with all of the blame for the breakup of our marriage on my shoulders. Moroccan men and women are notorious for duping people. They have no remorse for what they do, they live in a shame based society. Their family will not give you an sympathy because women are just bodies with no minds there. Why is this woman trying to rain on our parade you ask? I never thought that this would happen to me. I bet you think the same thing too. I asked all of the right questions and did a lot of research on the culture but nothing prepared me for the ruthless heart of one who is so desperate to find a way out of his terrible situation. I cannot explain how hurt I feel. It will be hard to trust another, especially someone outside of my own country. I will get over this but please be aware the grass is not greener there, they usually don't have any grass.

Joja

Moroccans are (sadly) not exclusive in the marriage-fraud department. Also, this topic really doesn't seem like it should be in OT (so I've asked it be moved).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I used this site faithfully during the process of getting my husband from Morocco to here in the U.S. I wanted to let everyone know that on Sept. 20, 2010 my husband received his citizenship. On October 24, 2010 he left me stating that I have trust issues. Our marriage was wonderful up until that point. We never argued and got along wonderfully together, or so I thought. Then I found a conversation on the computer of him talking with another guy in Morocco who were fighting over a girl. My husband fell in love with her and wanted to get out of the marriage. Our divorce will be final tomorrow. I have lived through a winter of hell with all of the blame for the breakup of our marriage on my shoulders. Moroccan men and women are notorious for duping people. They have no remorse for what they do, they live in a shame based society. Their family will not give you an sympathy because women are just bodies with no minds there. Why is this woman trying to rain on our parade you ask? I never thought that this would happen to me. I bet you think the same thing too. I asked all of the right questions and did a lot of research on the culture but nothing prepared me for the ruthless heart of one who is so desperate to find a way out of his terrible situation. I cannot explain how hurt I feel. It will be hard to trust another, especially someone outside of my own country. I will get over this but please be aware the grass is not greener there, they usually don't have any grass.

Joja

Sorry to hear about him doing this to you....diving into love is not bad..you took a chance. He will get whats coming to him....Good luck with everything..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Joja

For what it's worth, I know your hurt! Move on with your life, do not have regrets, You know, he will pay and that pay will be ever so harsh, just you wait and see. Sometimes we do not want to see our loved ones hurt but you know, my motto is "what goes around, comes around." So hang it there, god has a purpose for you. You obviously are a good person because you were there every minute of the way and so, good things will come to you. I know it is easier said than done but have patience!!

Joja

:reading:R.V.

Timeline

Joja

For what it's worth, I know your hurt! Move on with your life, do not have regrets, You know, he will pay and that pay will be ever so harsh, just you wait and see. Sometimes we do not want to see our loved ones hurt but you know, my motto is "what goes around, comes around." So hang it there, god has a purpose for you. You obviously are a good person because you were there every minute of the way and so, good things will come to you. I know it is easier said than done but have patience!!

Rose\Abkadar

Thanks for the encouragement. Everyone says that what goes around comes around. I am still having rage inside but I need to calm myself and let God talk to me. I just wish it was a year from now so that things will not be so painful. I have to take one moment at a time. I am overwhelmed with the encouragement on this web site. What a great support group. Who needs therapy?

Sounds like you married a real jerk. :( Sadly, they come from all over the world, not just Morocco.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry you are going through this. Look on the bright side, at least you're out from under that I864

I like someone that finds the positive side to every situation. :)

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Timeline

Sounds like you married a real jerk. :( Sadly, they come from all over the world, not just Morocco.

There are good people and bad people from everywhere.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry you had to go through this. It sounds so heart-breaking. (F)(F)(F)

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.