rica30

After NOA2 (baby involved)

10 posts in this topic

Hi. So we got our NOA2 approved and now we are waiting for NVC to forward to US Embassy, Manila Consulate. I already researched on requirements they might ask for the initial interview, just to make documents easier to collect once the packet arrives. But my other concern is, what do we need to do now so that if ever I pass my interview, our baby can come with me to the USA? She is 4months old. The father is my petitioner and fiance (US citizen) but our daughter was born here (Philippines).

Has anyone experienced the same situation? Any advice on that? I'm afraid that even if ever I get my visa, we might have to stay back longer and WAIT AGAIN til our daughters documents are fixed.. Will it be quick though? Since her dad is a US citizen? I was hoping we start fixing her stuff now while it's "early" and I haven't been scheduled yet for an interview.

TIA to whoever can help!

Rica

Register the birth with US embassy in Philippines and the baby will get a US passport to travel with. The baby, acquiring citizenship through the dad should not travel with visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After my fiance visited me , one month later we learned that I am pregnant we didn't continue filing K1 petition cause i read someone post here that her visa got denied because she need to file CRBA first.If the CO founds out that your baby is eligible, you need to get his CRBA first and since you said you already got your NOA2 maybe you could also file your baby's CRBA at this point in time before your interview comes up. I applied my baby's CRBA last May 23, 2011 and USEM requires my baby to get a paternity test . And St. Lukes only scheduled us this 29th of June. You should start gathering documents needed for CRBA then you can get an appointment online .

this link will help you. http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Register the birth with US embassy in Philippines and the baby will get a US passport to travel with. The baby, acquiring citizenship through the dad should not travel with visa.

Are you saying that a child born in the Philippines is a US citizen because the father is Amercian?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Are you saying that a child born in the Philippines is a US citizen because the father is Amercian?

Yes, that is correct. They will still need to file the birth with the consulate though so that the baby can get a US passport.

Edited by katie & sifa

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Hi. So we got our NOA2 approved and now we are waiting for NVC to forward to US Embassy, Manila Consulate. I already researched on requirements they might ask for the initial interview, just to make documents easier to collect once the packet arrives. But my other concern is, what do we need to do now so that if ever I pass my interview, our baby can come with me to the USA? She is 4months old. The father is my petitioner and fiance (US citizen) but our daughter was born here (Philippines).

Has anyone experienced the same situation? Any advice on that? I'm afraid that even if ever I get my visa, we might have to stay back longer and WAIT AGAIN til our daughters documents are fixed.. Will it be quick though? Since her dad is a US citizen? I was hoping we start fixing her stuff now while it's "early" and I haven't been scheduled yet for an interview.

TIA to whoever can help!

Rica

This link will take you directly to the USEM website which gives spcific information of what must be done for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA):

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

Good luck on your journey!

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

• 9 months later...

What are the modes of acquiring citizenship?

There are two (2) generally recognized modes of acquiring Philippine citizenship, namely:

1) by birth; and

1) Jus soli (right of soil) which is the legal principle that a person's nationality at birth is determined by the place of birth (ie, the territory of a given state).

2) Jus sanguinis (right of blood) which is the legal principle that, at birth, an individual acquires the nationality of his/her natural parent/s. The Philippines adheres to this principle.

2) by naturalization which is the judicial act of adopting a foreigner and clothing him with the privileges of a native-born citizen. It implies the renunciation of a former nationality and the fact of entrance into a similar relation towards a new body politic. (2 Am.Jur.561, par.188)

ScreenShot2012-06-15at91431AM.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) will need to be filed on behalf of the baby. The link provided by dindo and patty shows what needs to be done for that.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What are the modes of acquiring citizenship?

There are two (2) generally recognized modes of acquiring Philippine citizenship, namely:

1) by birth; and

1) Jus soli (right of soil) which is the legal principle that a person's nationality at birth is determined by the place of birth (ie, the territory of a given state).

2) Jus sanguinis (right of blood) which is the legal principle that, at birth, an individual acquires the nationality of his/her natural parent/s. The Philippines adheres to this principle.

2) by naturalization which is the judicial act of adopting a foreigner and clothing him with the privileges of a native-born citizen. It implies the renunciation of a former nationality and the fact of entrance into a similar relation towards a new body politic. (2 Am.Jur.561, par.188)

First, you're responding to a thread that hasn't received a new post since last June. The OP hasn't even logged on to this forum since January.

Second, The question you replied to was specifically about whether a child born abroad is a US citizen if one of the child's parents is a US citizen. You responded by quoting Philippine citizenship law. It's a foregone conclusion that the child will also be a citizen of the Philippines since the mother is Filipino, and the child is going to be born in the Philippines. I don't think the person who asked the question ever had any doubt the child would be citizen of the Philippines. They wanted to know if the child would also be a citizen of the United States. The answer is yes, the child will be a citizen of the US (as well as the Philippines), but it's eligibility to acquire US citizenship at birth will have to be established by filing a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Closing Zombie thread of almost 2 years old. Please pay attention to the date of the OP/ last post when replying. (*****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.