The Rice King

MoneyGram receipts for initial K-1 application.

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Generally every month I send my fiance money using MoneyGram. The website allows me to print out a receipt with detail information of each transaction. This includes the name of the person receiving the funds, date, time, transaction number, amount, country sent to, my bank card last 4 digits and name of sender. Will this be consider appropriate to include my initial K-1 Visa application?

Generally every month I send my fiance money using MoneyGram. The website allows me to print out a receipt with detail information of each transaction. This includes the name of the person receiving the funds, date, time, transaction number, amount, country sent to, my bank card last 4 digits and name of sender. Will this be consider appropriate to include my initial K-1 Visa application?

This is a very sweet and generous thing you do for your fiance but this maybe could be misconstrued by the Embassy as payment for a marriage depending on the ammount. I would maybe leave this out just to err on the side of caution.

Edited by Sunny123

Timeline

This is a very sweet and generous thing you do for your fiance but this maybe could be misconstrued by the Embassy as payment for a marriage depending on the ammount. I would maybe leave this out just to err on the side of caution.

Does anyone else concur with this opinion or has a different point of view? Please feel free to share your opinion, I welcome all your feed back.

FYI. It has never been more than $100 a month. One month I only sent her $50 and another month I didn't send anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife and I sent a ton of stuff as evident that we had been in a relationship. We even had a son together before we were married. We still received a RFE. I copied and sent them receipts from all the money that I sent her through Western Union. It was a sizable amount. This was exactly what they needed to make the connection between Abi and I. The receipt had dates, names of sender/receiver, and showed them that we had more than just a casual relationship.

Timeline

My wife and I sent a ton of stuff as evident that we had been in a relationship. We even had a son together before we were married. We still received a RFE. I copied and sent them receipts from all the money that I sent her through Western Union. It was a sizable amount. This was exactly what they needed to make the connection between Abi and I. The receipt had dates, names of sender/receiver, and showed them that we had more than just a casual relationship.

I see two great points so far to my question. I thank you both of you for taking the time to reply and share your experience.

Not a mandatory requirement for the initial petition. It is more of a proof of on going relationship which is required when the interview comes up. However, more petitioners include all the evidence they have with the initial petition. It is called front loading. I included this very evidence you're talking about myself on my initial petition. Better to have too much than not enough evidence. Hope this helps.

Also, this isn't frowned upon unless it was the other way where the beneficiary is the one sending money to the petitioner. Then, it is absolutely a red flag since it makes it look like the beneficiary is paying the petitioner for the green card. Just my opinion.

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

For the initial petition, the most important thing is showing that you met your fiancee before two years of the application. The receipt from the money gram didn't show that. However it is a good documentation to show the ongoing relationship in between you and your fiancee. and that one will be presented to CO during the interview.

GOOD LUCK

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IMO dont include it.. the only thing that it shows the CO is that she is relying on you financially... read through some of the VN regional discussions as this has been a topic of a few but from the interview standpoint when one is expected to show proof of ongoing... at the initial petition there is no requirement to show proof of ongoing only that you have met in person in the past two years...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

For the initial petition, the most important thing is showing that you met your fiancee before two years of the application. The receipt from the money gram didn't show that. However it is a good documentation to show the ongoing relationship in between you and your fiancee. and that one will be presented to CO during the interview.

GOOD LUCK

This is spot on, I just wanted to second that.

Evidence is always good but do not confuse an adjucator with a bunch of evidence that's not needed when it's supposed to prove meeting in person which is exactly what the i-129f is about. Focus on the primary proof of having met. If you reckon it's not enough then yes, add your secondary proof.

Good luck : )

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

I sent money each month to help my fiancee, and was not told by my lawyer not to send it. After meeting me she went from being a shrimp farmer to one that took care of the family house and spent her days studying English. i don't discourage you sending it but maybe only showing a few of the receipts when it comes to interview. main evidence is phone records,letters,emails and of course the meetings in person.

Best of Luck...Rich

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While in the K1 process, I used to send my fiancee gifts via western union and xoom. After doing my reading here, we decided to include only 2 receipts; not all of them. It might not be as beneficial as many think to include all those transfer receipts.

My two cents!

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not a mandatory requirement for the initial petition. It is more of a proof of on going relationship which is required when the interview comes up. However, more petitioners include all the evidence they have with the initial petition. It is called front loading. I included this very evidence you're talking about myself on my initial petition. Better to have too much than not enough evidence. Hope this helps.

Also, this isn't frowned upon unless it was the other way where the beneficiary is the one sending money to the petitioner. Then, it is absolutely a red flag since it makes it look like the beneficiary is paying the petitioner for the green card. Just my opinion.

I Agree!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Timeline

Yes, it depends on who is sending money where. If the petitioner is sending money, I believe that shows you are willing and able to support your spouse once here in America. If the beneficiary is sending money to the petitioner it is a total red flag. If the beneficiary has to send money to their fiance, then how with that person support the beneficiary initially before becoming gainfully employed? It will look like compensation for marriage. Not good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.