The Rice King

MoneyGram receipts for initial K-1 application.

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The Major proof required as stipulated is to have met within the last 2 year.That should be do and not one trying to prove excessively.

The norm is an evidence that you have met..this shld be flight pass,visa pages and fotos and mails if available

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I did not send any, because all the need for proof is that you have met in person within the 2 year window, and that of your intention to marry, I included some supporting evidence, photographs of us together in Brazil. that was it. now we are man and wife and will file shortly for the Adjustment of Status

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Generally every month I send my fiance money using MoneyGram. The website allows me to print out a receipt with detail information of each transaction. This includes the name of the person receiving the funds, date, time, transaction number, amount, country sent to, my bank card last 4 digits and name of sender. Will this be consider appropriate to include my initial K-1 Visa application?

NO

For one thing, you are not applying for a visa. Your fiancee will do that later at her interview. YOU are filing a petition. It is not required for the petition. The petition requires that you prove you are a US citizen, that you are both free to marry and that you have met in person at least one time in the past 2 years. Moneygram receipts are not evidence of anything required for the petition.

In some high fraud consualtes (HCMC is one of those) any type of money transfer is seen as a very BAD thing.

In other words, they cannot possibly help you and they can very possibly hurt you. Keep quiet about it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NO

For one thing, you are not applying for a visa. Your fiancee will do that later at her interview. YOU are filing a petition. It is not required for the petition. The petition requires that you prove you are a US citizen, that you are both free to marry and that you have met in person at least one time in the past 2 years. Moneygram receipts are not evidence of anything required for the petition.

In some high fraud consualtes (HCMC is one of those) any type of money transfer is seen as a very BAD thing.

In other words, they cannot possibly help you and they can very possibly hurt you. Keep quiet about it.

:thumbs:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow! I am amazed at everyone's response. We did indeed send in a few Western Union receipts. I felt that we had too many to send. I never really thought about the front loading thing, but now that I have read all the responses here, I am wondering now why we received an RFE before the application was approved. I felt like we had overwhelming evidence proving that we met within the previous two years. It is a good thing I still had the other receipts, and a few pieces of evidence that I felt were inconsequential. My wife always felt that we were lucky. Now I really believe it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

I think the best answer to this would be on your specific consulate's website, b/c some consulates do put it down on their websites that sending money counts as continuation of relationship & the beneficiary should bring the receipt(s) if any...

Every minute felt like an eternity time, clearly as if it had malicious intent, slowly ebbing away from me. I clenched my teeth, and keeping myself from crying was the only thing I could do…

-5cm/s

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.