penny & said

can use my morocco drive lecence in usa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everybody .

im from morocco and i just got to killeen TX .the problem i have that our married date till july and my faicee go to work i got bored in the house .as i have morocco lecence drive i want someone to let know how can i be able to drive here ? and when can i have id number is that possible before married ?or i have to wait till july ?

thanx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well, not sure of Texas but you have to have the green card in most states for applying for license. Maybe keep busy at this time talking online to feinds back home. And learn to do things around the house to help your spouse. My husband is also from Morocco and he is learing to handle a car before he comes as everyone here has to drive. this is a hard peroid of adjustment but you need to get to a mosque if you are muslim and meet some new people. They can help with this adjustment.

they have helped me as new to Islam and my Moroccan family.

hi everybody .

im from morocco and i just got to killeen TX .the problem i have that our married date till july and my faicee go to work i got bored in the house .as i have morocco lecence drive i want someone to let know how can i be able to drive here ? and when can i have id number is that possible before married ?or i have to wait till july ?

thanx

Filed: Timeline

hi everybody .

thanx

Hello,

First of all, you have a long waiting period of a lot of things since you arrived here on a K1 Visa. My husband could not use his License from Morocco to drive here in Ohio at all. Second, you need AUTO INSURANCE to cover yourself should you have an auto accident while driving and hurt someone or yourself, and this my friend is what you don't want to happen as you could cause a lot of problems since you just arrived. I have become a great driver all over Morocco and can do as they do, blow horns, throw your hands up in the air, etc. but here my friend we have rules when it comes to driving. You best not step one foot into a car until your wife/fiance tells you it's okay.

If you cannot use your license have your fiance call "YOUR LOCAL BUREAU OF MOTORS" where you live, they will say yes or no about your international driving license. If they say no, then you have to pass a written test to get a driving permit. Also, once you pass the written test, you will have to show the Motor Bureau a "I797 Approval Notice" which you will not get for at least another 3 months down the road.

So be patient, you have a longggggggggggg waiting period before you can work, etc. It's been 6 months and my husband just got approved to work and we are waiting for his EAD card to arrive in the mail any day now.

By the way, why not have your fiance post here with questions................

hi everybody .

thanx

In Texas it's not possible for you to get a Texas driver's license yet. You should be able to use your Morocco driver's license for a period of time here. This link shows that Morocco is one of the countries where you can use your current license here.

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=37&pt=1&ch=15&rl=91

As a K1 visa holder, you aren't able to get a Texas driver's license. When you apply for your adjustment of status, you become eligible to get a Texas license for a limited time. This link shows that you can't get a license while on K1 status.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/documents/ImmigrationStatusChart.pdf

These links have information about the documents you need when you are able to apply for a Texas driver's license.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/ApplyforLicense.htm

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/LawfulStatusDLID.htm

7/26/10 Engaged
9/15/10 - Mailed I-129F to Dallas
9/17/10 - Received in Dallas
9/23/10 - NOA1 (Email - Sent to VSC)
9/24/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received Dated 9/20/10)
10/3/10 - Touched
3/23/11 - NOA2 (Email - Sent to NVC)
3/31/11 - Letter from NVC confirming receipt (Letter dated then)
4/6/11 - Email confirmation from NVC - Paperwork sent to Frankfurt
4/9/11 - Packet 3 received from Frankfurt
4/19/11 - Packet 4 received from Frankfurt
5/16/11 - Fiance's Interview in Frankfurt - Approved
6/11/11 - Wedding Date

7/1/11 - NOA AOS, EAD, AP documents received
7/27/11 - Biometrics
8/26/11 - Emails that AP and EAD are approved - EAD card sent to be ordered, should be sent within 30 days
10/31/11 - Email that GC is approved.
11/4/11 - GC received!

7/30/13 - NOA1 for ROC

8/27/13 - Biometrics

9/23/13 - Received notice of case being transferred from VSC to CSC

10/28/13 - GC ordered!

• 6 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/19/2011 at 7:47 AM, Peace.... said:

Hello,

First of all, you have a long waiting period of a lot of things since you arrived here on a K1 Visa. My husband could not use his License from Morocco to drive here in Ohio at all. Second, you need AUTO INSURANCE to cover yourself should you have an auto accident while driving and hurt someone or yourself, and this my friend is what you don't want to happen as you could cause a lot of problems since you just arrived. I have become a great driver all over Morocco and can do as they do, blow horns, throw your hands up in the air, etc. but here my friend we have rules when it comes to driving. You best not step one foot into a car until your wife/fiance tells you it's okay.

If you cannot use your license have your fiance call "YOUR LOCAL BUREAU OF MOTORS" where you live, they will say yes or no about your international driving license. If they say no, then you have to pass a written test to get a driving permit. Also, once you pass the written test, you will have to show the Motor Bureau a "I797 Approval Notice" which you will not get for at least another 3 months down the road.

So be patient, you have a longggggggggggg waiting period before you can work, etc. It's been 6 months and my husband just got approved to work and we are waiting for his EAD card to arrive in the mail any day now.

By the way, why not have your fiance post here with questions................

What's wrong with him posting here himself??? Does this website only welcome petitioners?

31 minutes ago, TamaraN said:

What's wrong with him posting here himself??? Does this website only welcome petitioners?

This thread is from 2011, and possibly the orginal OP isn't still around

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is locked.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.