Churchland

Looks like another medical exam? Lost I-693?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Our application was transferred to CSC and we thought everything was going well and maybe an interview waiver, but now we just got an RFE for another I-693. We went to the civil surgeon and everything was sent in the sealed envelope last April 2011. We have until 7/25 to get another one. Is there a way around this?

TIA

Edited by Churchland

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

perhaps is error ?

Call USCIS, get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO, and inquire about the location of the medical packet. Ask the ISO to put in a 'find the medical packet' request.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

perhaps is error ?

Call USCIS, get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO, and inquire about the location of the medical packet. Ask the ISO to put in a 'find the medical packet' request.

I called 800-375-5283 listed on the RFE, no options on talking to anyone. How do you get a Tier 2 Human?

Timeline

call USCIS when they are open (never on the weekends) - check your old NOA-2 on the K-1 visa, it's __that__ number .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

After reading the rather cryptic RFE a few more times, it doesn't come right out and say lost I-693, it says they did not receive the medical exam she had in China or the DS-2053,DS-3024,DS-3025 or DS-3026.

Timeline

smells like a lost medical packet (the one that was handed over at the POE).

You can hassle a local CBP officer at the secondary inspection / deferred inspection office IN PERSON, to have them find the medical packet, show you proof of valid handoff to the USCIS official, but expect half a day (no appointment needed, find the closest office and just go, speak to the shift supervisor)

or

you can ask the Tier 2 human, an ISO, to initiate a search request for the medical packet, over the phone, during business hours on Monday.

Just because you got a postal notification that they don't have it at the USCIS office responsible for AOS adjudication, doesn't mean it doesn't exist - that medical packet is somewhere, even if it fell off someone's desk - a 'search request' will find it .

Could you type exactly what the RFE said? You said you already sent in a I-693? Did it say it was filled out wrong or there were parts missing?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Darnell, I will give them a call on Monday, thanks a bunch. I saw other posts about contacting congressmen, but that takes a lot of time and I only have until 7/26 so your way sounds best.

Harpa:

The document says "A review of the applicant's USCIS records fails to reveal Form DS-2053,DS-3024,DS-3025 or DS-3026. The medical examination you had done prior to entering the United States has not arrived in your file. Please provide a new medical examination.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Darnell, I will give them a call on Monday, thanks a bunch. I saw other posts about contacting congressmen, but that takes a lot of time and I only have until 7/26 so your way sounds best.

Harpa:

The document says "A review of the applicant's USCIS records fails to reveal Form DS-2053,DS-3024,DS-3025 or DS-3026. The medical examination you had done prior to entering the United States has not arrived in your file. Please provide a new medical examination.

When you did the I-693 was it a FULL medical, or what it just a vaccination transcription?

Timeline

The medical was done in China, the vaccinations done here in NC.

Okay. when you say you sent an I-693 you need to specify it was the vaccination transcription only otherwise people think it's a full medical that you submitted and they couldn't find it.

SO! They lost the K1 medical, and are now requesting an I-693 complete medical.. Advice is this:

1. Go and get a medical done by a CS and submit the I-693 (this will mean TB skin test and normal medical stuff like in china)

2. Try and request a copy of the medical from China (this works in some countries, not others)

3. Make an INFOPASS and ask them to check your A file for the medical.

4. Get your congressman/senator involved to find what SHOULD have been in your packet

I personally would try and organise #2 first, find out how much #1 will set you back and then it doesn't hurt to try #3 and #4. Up to you which way you go. Some people just do #1 to save the time and hassles.

Good luck with your choice!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Okay. when you say you sent an I-693 you need to specify it was the vaccination transcription only otherwise people think it's a full medical that you submitted and they couldn't find it.

SO! They lost the K1 medical, and are now requesting an I-693 complete medical.. Advice is this:

1. Go and get a medical done by a CS and submit the I-693 (this will mean TB skin test and normal medical stuff like in china)

2. Try and request a copy of the medical from China (this works in some countries, not others)

3. Make an INFOPASS and ask them to check your A file for the medical.

4. Get your congressman/senator involved to find what SHOULD have been in your packet

I personally would try and organise #2 first, find out how much #1 will set you back and then it doesn't hurt to try #3 and #4. Up to you which way you go. Some people just do #1 to save the time and hassles.

Good luck with your choice!

Thanks for your information.

It was the I-693,the overseas medical exam from China, Vaccination record and forms filled out in a sealed envelope by civil surgeon.

Timeline
Thanks for your information.

It was the I-693,the overseas medical exam from China, Vaccination record and forms filled out in a sealed envelope by civil surgeon.

See again it sounds like you're saying that you completed an ENTIRE I-693. If ONLY the vaccination section of the I-693 was done it's called a "vaccination transcription". Whether you had the transcription done or not, they've lost your medical so now you need to go do any of the options I wrote above.. bearing in mind if you do the medical again you WILL be getting the vaccination section of the I-693 done again and you'll pay for that again (along with the rest of the medical stuff).

Do you have a copy of her overseas medical anywhere? Not the vaccination part, the MEDICAL part (some people do.. I do). If you do just sent a copy with the RFE, if you DON'T then, see the options above in my previous post.

Timeline

See again it sounds like you're saying that you completed an ENTIRE I-693. If ONLY the vaccination section of the I-693 was done it's called a "vaccination transcription". Whether you had the transcription done or not, they've lost your medical so now you need to go do any of the options I wrote above.. bearing in mind if you do the medical again you WILL be getting the vaccination section of the I-693 done again and you'll pay for that again (along with the rest of the medical stuff).

Do you have a copy of her overseas medical anywhere? Not the vaccination part, the MEDICAL part (some people do.. I do). If you do just sent a copy with the RFE, if you DON'T then, see the options above in my previous post.

Yes, we had the vaccinations done here and transcribed by the Civil surgeon. Although more expensive, I think it will be easier to just get another medical here and be done with it. Thanks again.

Timeline

Thank for the help everyone. But calling the Tier 2 ISO was a waste, they are clueless and not helpful. They wanted me to write a letter requesting a search, then they would put it in my file and make their decision on the green card based on what they have. (In a nice way, give them what they want or else).

We are going to just get a new medical and I-693.

By the way, this was the 2nd time they screwed up. They also took bad fingerprints and we had to make a 2nd five hour drive to have those done again. But they really don't care.

After all this I'm thinking about moving to another country, lol... Vent off :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.