thelastpetitioner

are the guidelines on here enough?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

so im just getting ready to pick up my K-1,but i want to be ready for AOS,however i was wondering if the guidelines and examples on VJ are enough and up to date,or anyone has any suggestions for extra reads and all,since im an AOS rookie

TIA

Yup, read and study the guides as well as the instructions on the forms itself. You should be fine!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

so im just getting ready to pick up my K-1,but i want to be ready for AOS,however i was wondering if the guidelines and examples on VJ are enough and up to date,or anyone has any suggestions for extra reads and all,since im an AOS rookie

TIA

They are very accurate. Since there is alot to do, make a check list and triple check EVERYTHING before you send! I forgot to sign one paper (there was so many ;_;) and we got a RFE. Good luck!!

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~ Charlotte Brönte

K1 Visa

2010-06-02: I-129F sent

2010-06-07: NOA1

2010-06-29: NOA2

2010-12-07: Interview Date Interview Result: Administrative Process

2011-02-14: Administrative Process ended. Happy Valentine's Day! hearts.gif

2011-02-22: Approved at Embassy

2011-02-25: Received K1 Visa!!!

2011-03-31: POE Miami, Florida USA!!! 35D.gif

2011-04-22: Wedding Day! Happy Earth Day!!

AOS

2011-05-20: Filed For AOS

2011-05-31: NOA1 for EAD & I-485, and Biometrics Appointment Letter

2011-06-16: RFE

2011-06-21: Biometrics for I-485 & EAD

2011-06-30: Transferred to CSC

2011-07-28: Received EAD card in mail!

2011-09-14: AOS Interview = APPROVED! BOOYAH!

2011-09-23: Greencard received! Blessed Autumn Equinox!

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

TIA

There's an AOS thread in my signature that should help you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I followed the Guides and member input here on VJ from K1 petition through Naturalization.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.