15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well, Marcel and I went for the interview early this morning. It was scheduled for 8:30. We ended up waking at 2:45 am to be on the road by 4:30. Thank God we did because traffic was backed up more towards center Philly. Anyways, we arrived at about 7:10 and went inside about 7:50. Before going in, though, you are greeted my a security officer who asks for both of our passports and the interview letter. Then he allows you in and you go through the usual security/metal detectors. Then we went to the 3rd floor, walked in and went up to the receptionist to give her our ORIGINAL letter from USCIS. At roughly 8:50 our names were called. The officer was a female and not overly friendly, but somewhat pleasant. She had us raise our right hands and swear that we would tell the truth.

I was VERY organized and had the copies for the officer all filed and marked accordingly in the order as they were given on the letter. In a separate manila envelope I had all original documents. With these I brought, of course, our photo album which I will comment on later. So this is a breakdown of exactly what the officer asked for and in the order as best my memory serves me.

1. She first asked for my driver's license and Marcel's state id which he doesn't have yet so I gave her his work permit and passport.

2. At the same time she asked for my passport.

3. I then brought out our marriage license.

4. We gave both of our original birth certificates.

5. While she was looking stuff over I did bring out our SS cards, but I am positive she didn't even look at them.

6. The officer then asked me to bring out any items to show proof of our relationship since Marcel being here.

7. With this I brought out the photo album, cards we received from friends when we married, cards between Marcel and I for holidays/birthdays, Valentine's day etc... at this time is when I brought out proof of a joint checking/savings (showed her a voided check, as well) and also letters from both our bank and landlord confirming our resident address. We brought these because all of our mail goes to a p.o. box so we felt they would want evidence of where we reside.

8. There was no other paperwork that she asked for i.e. medical, financial support etc...

Now onto the questions which there weren't many:

1. She asked each of us our full names.

2. Marcel was asked his date of birth.

3. He was then asked each of his parent's name.

4. She looked at the voided check and asked what we use it for. I stated, to pay bills. She asked what bills would that be. I answered accordingly.

5. She asked how much our rent is.

6. How long have I lived there?

7. She asked what our address is.

8. The officer noticed the visa was given in Cyprus so she questioned Marcel why there? He explained he was getting his Master's degree. She then asked how long her lived there, and noted his answer.

9. When she looked at our cards she asked why were the cards given? We said for various holidays i.e. birthdays, wedding etc...

10. She flipped through the album kind of quickly and stopped at maybe 3 or 4 and asked who the one guy was, then what was happening in the one (it was on St. Patty's day weekend at a parade.

After that she typed something in her computer and the entire time checked stuff off and made written notes. She stated that everything seemed to be in order and that nothing more was needed from us. Then she said we would be receiving a letter in the mail. We were then handed a piece of paper that was proof we were there, and that we were approved and no other information was going to be needed. I think it said about receiving a letter from them in the near future.

With this the officer looked through the files and took a bunch of the photocopies of only certain things and we were done. She let us go and wham bam it was less than half an hour for the actual interview.

***Now on a side note I wanted to just mention the photo album which I had asked the question a few days ago about having some printed from work on regular paper. Because I work for a greeting card company I was able to run the pics through a heat machine we use to foil with and it makes the toner shiny. I then glued them to card stock paper and cut them out by hand. I put them all nice and neat in an album which I had 50 pictures. for me it was enough to show our relationship is legitimate. The officer didn't once question the photos in regards to their quality or how they were printed. I in fact gave her simple photocopies of the pictures. I didn't give her Walmart prints. She didn't blink an eye at any of it.***

SO IN THE END THIS WAS OUR EXPERIENCE. WE HOPE IT HELPS THOSE WHO HAVEN'T GONE YET. MARCEL AND I ARE NOT SAYING OUR WAY WAS RIGHT, BUT WHAT WE DID WORKED FOR US. WE UNDERSTAND EACH OFFICER AND LOCATION MAY BE DIFFERENT SO PLEASE TAKE WHAT YOU WANT FROM OUR EXPERIENCE, ASK ANY QUESTIONS OF US AND GOOD LUCK ALONG YOUR JOURNEY!!!!!

HUGS TO YOU ALL!

MELISSA AND MARCEL

P.S. BE CONFIDENT AS WELL.......=)

Met on Facebook: 2009-04

Met in Cyprus and stayed for a month: 2010-04

Started the K1 visa journey: 2010-06

Enagaged: 2010-08-20

Leaving to bring him home: 2010-11-13

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Cyprus

I-129F Sent: 2010-06-12

I-129F NOA1: 2010-06-19

I-129F RFE(s: 2010-07-13

RFE Reply(s): 2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2: 2010-09-03

NVC Received: 2010-09-07

NVC Left : 2010-09-17

Interview Date: 2010-11-19 9am

Your I-129f was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

"Time is nothing. The desire to love you is everything."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats! :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Nice story, and a thousand thanks for taking the time to post it. It will be very helpful to others. More people should post their experiences in such detail.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well, Marcel and I went for the interview early this morning. It was scheduled for 8:30. We ended up waking at 2:45 am to be on the road by 4:30. Thank God we did because traffic was backed up more towards center Philly. Anyways, we arrived at about 7:10 and went inside about 7:50. Before going in, though, you are greeted my a security officer who asks for both of our passports and the interview letter. Then he allows you in and you go through the usual security/metal detectors. Then we went to the 3rd floor, walked in and went up to the receptionist to give her our ORIGINAL letter from USCIS. At roughly 8:50 our names were called. The officer was a female and not overly friendly, but somewhat pleasant. She had us raise our right hands and swear that we would tell the truth.

I was VERY organized and had the copies for the officer all filed and marked accordingly in the order as they were given on the letter. In a separate manila envelope I had all original documents. With these I brought, of course, our photo album which I will comment on later. So this is a breakdown of exactly what the officer asked for and in the order as best my memory serves me.

1. She first asked for my driver's license and Marcel's state id which he doesn't have yet so I gave her his work permit and passport.

5. While she was looking stuff over I did bring out our SS cards, but I am positive she didn't even look at them.

6. The officer then asked me to bring out any items to show proof of our relationship since Marcel being here.

7. With this I brought out the photo album, cards we received from friends when we married, cards between Marcel and I for holidays/birthdays, Valentine's day etc... at this time is when I brought out proof of a joint checking/savings (showed her a voided check, as well) and also letters from both our bank and landlord confirming our resident address. We brought these because all of our mail goes to a p.o. box so we felt they would want evidence of where we reside.

8. There was no other paperwork that she asked for i.e. medical, financial support etc...

4. She looked at the voided check and asked what we use it for. I stated, to pay bills. She asked what bills would that be. I answered accordingly.

8. The officer noticed the visa was given in Cyprus so she questioned Marcel why there? He explained he was getting his Master's degree. She then asked how long her lived there, and noted his answer.

9. When she looked at our cards she asked why were the cards given? We said for various holidays i.e. birthdays, wedding etc...

10. She flipped through the album kind of quickly and stopped at maybe 3 or 4 and asked who the one guy was, then what was happening in the one (it was on St. Patty's day weekend at a parade.

After that she typed something in her computer and the entire time checked stuff off and made written notes. She stated that everything seemed to be in order and that nothing more was needed from us. Then she said we would be receiving a letter in the mail. We were then handed a piece of paper that was proof we were there, and that we were approved and no other information was going to be needed. I think it said about receiving a letter from them in the near future.

With this the officer looked through the files and took a bunch of the photocopies of only certain things and we were done. She let us go and wham bam it was less than half an hour for the actual interview.

***Now on a side note I wanted to just mention the photo album which I had asked the question a few days ago about having some printed from work on regular paper. Because I work for a greeting card company I was able to run the pics through a heat machine we use to foil with and it makes the toner shiny. I then glued them to card stock paper and cut them out by hand. I put them all nice and neat in an album which I had 50 pictures. for me it was enough to show our relationship is legitimate. The officer didn't once question the photos in regards to their quality or how they were printed. I in fact gave her simple photocopies of the pictures. I didn't give her Walmart prints. She didn't blink an eye at any of it.***

SO IN THE END THIS WAS OUR EXPERIENCE. WE HOPE IT HELPS THOSE WHO HAVEN'T GONE YET. MARCEL AND I ARE NOT SAYING OUR WAY WAS RIGHT, BUT WHAT WE DID WORKED FOR US. WE UNDERSTAND EACH OFFICER AND LOCATION MAY BE DIFFERENT SO PLEASE TAKE WHAT YOU WANT FROM OUR EXPERIENCE, ASK ANY QUESTIONS OF US AND GOOD LUCK ALONG YOUR JOURNEY!!!!!

HUGS TO YOU ALL!

MELISSA AND MARCEL

Congratulations! Thank you for posting your experience in such detail. It will be helpful to those of us still in the process. I am so glad your interview went so smoothly and was a success :thumbs:

Wishing you and Marcel all the luck and happiness ahead. Thanks for being so open and if I do need any advice in the future, I will definitely give you a buzz. Thanks again.

:dance: now you can party and relax. :dance:

HUGS TO YOU ALL!

MELISSA AND MARCEL

Congratulations!!!!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Timeline

Thank you guys! We wish you the best, as well.....!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

congrats!!!!! hope ours goes as well when it happens...

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will only wish people that have gone through one experience either during interview or assembling their papers would give such a nice story and methods they used to overcome their process.

Congrats and happy Married Life

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Timeline

Ugggh! I just read it over again and see tons of typos!!!! lol I know I had written it late that night so please forgive my errors....lol

You're very welcome for the "replay" of our experience. We are happy to share it with everyone! There could always be something learned from each couple's story. :yes:

Congrats!!!

And thank you so much for posting this, it really helps to read other people's experiences!

Our timeline:

1993: Met at the age of 9, best friends ever since

2007: Admitted what we both knew all along...

December 25,2008: He proposed!!!!

May 9, 2009: Got married

May 10th, 2011: Date that lawyer claimed he mailed out AOS package

July 14th, 2011: Date that lawyer *actually* mailed out AOS package

July 18th, 2011: USCIS started processing our application

July 30th, 2011: Received Biometrics Appointment (8/11/11)

August 1st, 2011: Successful Biometrics walk-in

August 3rd, 2011: Received all NOA hard copies

September 12, 2011: Card production notice for EAD (!!!)

September 13, 2011: I765 touched

September 19, 2011: EAD arrived in the mail

December 28, 2011: Received email notification of our interview date

February 1, 2012: Interview

February 29, 2012: Approval notice via email(!!!)

March 7, 2012: Card arrives in the mail (!!!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.