Perry Very Likely to Run

31 posts in this topic

Perry Very Likely to Run

By Chris Stirewalt

Published June 10, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Texas Governor Set to Upend GOP Race

“Ready for launch.”

-- Adviser to Texas Gov. Rick Perry when asked by Power Play about the condition of a possible presidential run.

Sources close to Texas Gov. Rick Perry say that the events of the last week have brought America’s longest-serving governor to the cusp of an announcement.

The implosion of Newt Gingrich’s presidential campaign frees up Perry’s political wingmen, Dave Carney and Rob Johnson, now said to be headed to Austin to prepare a Perry run. Also this week, sources say Perry got the thumbs up from the Texas moneymen whose support he sought before launching a campaign. A big piece in the Wall Street Journal also helped convince the team that there was East Coast interest in the Texan’s candidacy.

Gingrich’s collapse also leaves a major hole in the field: There is no viable Southerner seeking the nomination of the party of the South.

But Perry is getting ready to launch a campaign that will fill that gap and draw the sharpest contrast with Massachusetts’ Mitt Romney. The Romney campaign served chicken and white bean chili at the candidate’s announcement speech. Perry will be all spicy Texas red.

While establishment Republicans have been pining for a candidate who is ready to have a detailed policy debate about entitlement reform and regulatory uncertainty (a la Mitch Daniels) the rank and file wants someone who is ready for a throwdown. Perry has a reputation as a policy lightweight, but he knows how to fire up a crowd and give the kind of straight talk Republicans are itching for.

Those who doubt the condition of the electorate should examine the rise of Herman Cain. He’s in for some rough weather after veering into social issues -- defending his assertion that he would not include Muslims in his administration and declaring homosexuality to be a “sin” and “a choice” – but Cain’s appeal is as a straight-talking Southerner with a libertarian flair.

Perry’s rise may push some uncommitted easterners into the arms of Romney as the election becomes more geographical and more of a clear Tea Party-versus-establishment contest. But it will also tend to galvanize the 20 percent of undecided voters and rob support from Cain and other second-tier candidates.

Another challenge for Perry will be overcoming his previously prickly relationship with the political veterans who populated the Bush political organization. Perry and George W. Bush have an old rivalry, but the Bush presidency left an indelible mark on the world of political professionals, many of who have embraced former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and, to a lesser degree, Romney.

Some in the establishment, though, may decide that Perry’s potential with Hispanic voters and his stark juxtaposition with Obama – plain English versus foggy phrasing – may be the best way to win over independents fed up with Washington blather.

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Can we look forward to more 'rapture' events should this goofy character run for office?

I thought the Repub plan was to civilize Afghanistan, not learn from them :blink:

Edited by The Truth™

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

:blink:

Top Staffers to Newt Gingrich's Campaign Resign

Yesterday, I posted this..,

I'm hoping this (really) means Perry asked them to come help him.

You came on the thread and posted this..,

You haven't learned anything yet, have you? All the news moguls have reported on The Donald's potential run which never existed. And they continue to report on Palin's potential run which never existed either. And they continue to report on what Herman Cain would do as President completely ignoring the fact that Herman Cain will never be President. It's simple, really. They report what sells not what is news. They're in the business of making moolah, not in the business of reporting real, actual news.

Now you post this...,

Well, now that God goverens Texas, he needs something else to do. Rumors are that much of the campaign staff that deserted Newt has ties to Perry. Perhaps they jumped Newt's ship to board the heavenly Perry train?

:blink:

Filed: Timeline
Yesterday, I posted this..,

You came on the thread and posted this..,

Now you post this...,

My comment yesterday had nothing to do with Perry, his handing over the governance of the Great State of Texas to God (which was reported only today) or his potential ambitions to run for President - which he can try, of course, but I suppose that people outside of Texas would cringe when thinking that they might elect a guy that then hands the job of President over to God as well. My comment had nothing at all to do with this character Perry. Are you really that unable to follow a conversation?

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

If he somehow got a GOP nomination maybe he will pick God as his running mate!

If your gonna play in Texas , your gonna need a fiddle in the band ;-)

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

More likely, he'll get God the GOP nomination and then gets on God's ticket.

Funny thing is God would probably get a good 20 to 30 million popular vote...He might even put up a good fight with Obama! Maybe I would even vote for them (God / Perry)! Would definitely be historic!

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Funny thing is God would probably get a good 20 to 30 million popular vote...He might even put up a good fight with Obama! Maybe I would even vote for them (God / Perry)! Would definitely be historic!

It wouldn't hurt for a few more people in this country to pick up God again. I even plan on going this Sunday for the blessing of the bikes . The priest brings his Harley into the church and gives one Hell of a sermon.

But I like the Perry/ God ticket. We can call it the PG ticket

Istead of the goofy PC crowd that runs things now

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

My comment yesterday had nothing to do with Perry, his handing over the governance of the Great State of Texas to God (which was reported only today) or his potential ambitions to run for President - which he can try, of course, but I suppose that people outside of Texas would cringe when thinking that they might elect a guy that then hands the job of President over to God as well. My comment had nothing at all to do with this character Perry. Are you really that unable to follow a conversation?

I think it curious how/ when you decide something is or isn't "news". :wacko:

I think you are the one having difficulty following a conversation. :blink:

or perhaps it's your habitual play on semantics that makes conversations difficult. :help:

Would you mind explaining why you are routinely antagonistic. :unsure:

I'm not sure if you realize it. :unsure: but, You often "read" as though you have a chip on your shoulder. :bonk:

Edited by Vi-Jay

God would have a great deal of trouble with producing the long form US birth certificate, given he "was" well before the creation of even the stars and planets, let alone the US of A.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

If Jesus ran for president, he wouldn't get any votes. :whistle:

Indy.gif

Filed: Timeline
I think it curious how/ when you decide something is or isn't "news".

News usually is something that you don't already know. Newt's campaign crashed before it ever took off. Hence, any additional information in regards to Newt's failed campaign isn't news. Now, the TX governor handing the governance of his state over to God so that he can run for President is news. That's not something that was previously known.

New Information: News

Old Information: Not News

It's quite simple, really.

If Jesus ran for president, he wouldn't get any votes. :whistle:

Of course not. Jesus was a commie.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog