crazy.eclipse

befor my interview they give me so much paper pleas help

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i found this in this site http://iraq.usembassy.gov/221g.html

What does a 221(g) refusal mean?

We initially refuse most immigrant visa applicants under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. There is usually no need to worry: it is almost always a temporary refusal.

What is Section 221(g)?

Section 221(g) simply says that we cannot issue your visa until we are sure you are qualified for the visa in every way. With immigrant visas, we almost never know on the day of the interview whether you are truly qualified. So, we will need some time to verify this. Sometimes, we need you to give us additional documents or information. We will let you know, in writing, what we need.

What is "administrative processing?"

Many cases require administrative processing. Each case is handled individually, so we cannot predict exactly how long it will take. However, we will try to give you an estimated time at the end of the interview.

We ask that you not contact us to check your case status until the estimated time has passed.

Will you still issue my visa?

We end up issuing almost all cases that we refuse under Section 221(g). As soon as we determine that you are qualified, we will "overcome" the refusal under Section 221(g) and issue the visa.

If you will issue anyway, why do you refuse in the first place?

The law requires us to adjudicate (issue or refuse) every case on the day of the application. Since we usually are not yet prepared to issue, we must first refuse.

We will not overcome every single person's 221(g) refusal. For example, if we ask you to provide a birth certificate or additional proof of your relationship, and you do not give it to us within one year, your case will remain in refused status. Finally, if we discover that you are not eligible for the visa for some other reason, we will also refuse you under the new, appropriate section of the law.

Now I am losing my mind. :innocent:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yess me too i really lose my mind i cant understand nothing brother

Souufiane....squeaky is NOT trying to make you sick , and neither is anyone else, but squeaky is CORRECT when she says you were DENIED a visa at this time. The consulate will say "not denied, but sent back to USCIS"....BUT THAT MEANS YOU WERE DENIED A VISA AT THIS TIME....Souufiane, I have been through TWO denials now in Casablanca. First one was when I was engaged, and second one after I married my husband. Please trust me when I say, this IS a denial. Now move forward, and prepare yourselves for the next steps.

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

YOU ARE NOT IN IRAQ !!! Please get your wife involved with this site, and in the meantime, please stop posting all this stuff.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i have question please why they Denied your visa 2 time im sure you have more experience than me and you talke good english so what happend tell me pelas may that will help me for the next interview

They don't believe our relationship is based on love. But that is all they would say. I have other topics from when we went through our denials. There is too much history to write all over again in this topic. Search my name on the site...Tany1157...I really feel for you, but it is just annoying that you are not listening to anyone that is trying to help you. Here is our "red flags"....met in online dating site, engaged on my first visit to morocco, we are different religions, I am divorced with a child. These MAY or MAY NOT have had much of an impact on our denial. We really are not sure EXACTLY why we keep getting denied, but we DO know that our relationship is true, so I kept going back to visit him in Morocco, and will be going again hopefully this summer. We are taking this wait time to build more evidence, and spend more time together. I just want you to know, that this isn't the end, just be smart in your decision making.

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Soufian,

221G doesn't mean refusal, but it means that The Consulate can't make a decision. I received the same letter in 2006. If they said you are missing documents or they ask for documents, that means you need to provide them with documents to process your request. Make sure to send the 221G and all letter that they sent you to your Wife, so she can send me the taxes and other documents they asked for. THe consulate may send back your file the USCIS center. in my case they didn't tell me that they are missing documents or anything else. they just said they can't refuse or grant me visa at this time and they are going to send the file to USCIS Center for decision. if this is similar to you case, your spouse needs to contact the senator of her state to find out exactly what going on.

I came under K1 so Casablanaca did not send the file to USCIS on time, but the time they send it it was expired and we had to start over.

Soufian, This is just an example of my situation may be yours is diffirent. make sure to read the letter carefully and send it to you spouse.

Incorrect.. 221g is a denial... sometimes they allow additional documents to be submitted for an additional chance and others its a straight up denial... based on his 221g its a denial

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

im sorry my wife did not want enter to this site she saw what everybody said here and she get so sick she cant handl that and she told me dont talke on the site but i know that everybody can help me here becaus you all have so much experience

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

im sorry my wife did not want enter to this site she saw what everybody said here and she get so sick she cant handl that and she told me dont talke on the site but i know that everybody can help me here becaus you all have so much experience

Listen, everyone told you that she needs to be the one here discussing things. Otherwise you are just posting nonsense.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

WOW!... This peace of info. given here by souufiane is gold! Worth some good $$$! … Hope the OP reads it and takes away all he can from it!

OP I hope you read it.

You have not been denied in a “Final” sort of way!

Send what they asked for ... and you should be ok!

i found this in this site http://iraq.usembassy.gov/221g.html

What does a 221(g) refusal mean?

We initially refuse most immigrant visa applicants under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. There is usually no need to worry: it is almost always a temporary refusal.

What is Section 221(g)?

Section 221(g) simply says that we cannot issue your visa until we are sure you are qualified for the visa in every way. With immigrant visas, we almost never know on the day of the interview whether you are truly qualified. So, we will need some time to verify this. Sometimes, we need you to give us additional documents or information. We will let you know, in writing, what we need.

What is "administrative processing?"

Many cases require administrative processing. Each case is handled individually, so we cannot predict exactly how long it will take. However, we will try to give you an estimated time at the end of the interview.

We ask that you not contact us to check your case status until the estimated time has passed.

Will you still issue my visa?

We end up issuing almost all cases that we refuse under Section 221(g). As soon as we determine that you are qualified, we will "overcome" the refusal under Section 221(g) and issue the visa.

If you will issue anyway, why do you refuse in the first place?

The law requires us to adjudicate (issue or refuse) every case on the day of the application. Since we usually are not yet prepared to issue, we must first refuse.

We will not overcome every single person's 221(g) refusal. For example, if we ask you to provide a birth certificate or additional proof of your relationship, and you do not give it to us within one year, your case will remain in refused status. Finally, if we discover that you are not eligible for the visa for some other reason, we will also refuse you under the new, appropriate section of the law.

Timeline

i will fight tell the end for my darling wife

We ara not COs.. we are not the ones you need to convince in your true feelings. We are just giving advice.. this is all.. No need in posting this. waste of space.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If your wife can't handle this visa process, perhaps she should move to Morocco. We're not trying to be mean or nasty, we're trying to tell you the way things are. You're really not listening. You have to realize that MOST people who apply for a spousal visa at Casablanca are denied. Casablanca is, in my opinion, in the TOP 5 most difficult consulates in the world. You strolled up Blvd Moulay Youssef thinking this would be nooo problem, and you found out you were very wrong. So I'm going to tell you again how this will go down, in LIST form, since you seem to like that.

1.) It's going to take at least 2 months for USCIS to get your case back.

2.) It's going to take another 6-8 months after that for them to review your case.

3.) If they need more evidence from your wife, they will ask for it when they review the case, so you better start preparing for it now.

4.) If your case is reaffirmed, you will get a second interview at Casablanca, about ONE YEAR from now. If you don't pass that interview, your case is DENIED and there can be NO APPEAL. Your wife would need to refile at her expense and chances of a visa being issued are slim.

5.) VJ members cannot tell you why you were denied- you will find out when your case is returned and they send notification to your wife.

This isn't a hand holding session. This is some serious stuff. If you really want to come to America to be with your wife, you should listen to what's being told to you, even if it's not what you want to hear.

Timeline

If your wife can't handle this visa process, perhaps she should move to Morocco. We're not trying to be mean or nasty, we're trying to tell you the way things are. You're really not listening. You have to realize that MOST people who apply for a spousal visa at Casablanca are denied. Casablanca is, in my opinion, in the TOP 5 most difficult consulates in the world. You strolled up Blvd Moulay Youssef thinking this would be nooo problem, and you found out you were very wrong. So I'm going to tell you again how this will go down, in LIST form, since you seem to like that.

1.) It's going to take at least 2 months for USCIS to get your case back.

2.) It's going to take another 6-8 months after that for them to review your case.

3.) If they need more evidence from your wife, they will ask for it when they review the case, so you better start preparing for it now.

4.) If your case is reaffirmed, you will get a second interview at Casablanca, about ONE YEAR from now. If you don't pass that interview, your case is DENIED and there can be NO APPEAL. Your wife would need to refile at her expense and chances of a visa being issued are slim.

5.) VJ members cannot tell you why you were denied- you will find out when your case is returned and they send notification to your wife.

This isn't a hand holding session. This is some serious stuff. If you really want to come to America to be with your wife, you should listen to what's being told to you, even if it's not what you want to hear.

This is the best answer on this thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.