Chuck & Chay

What Particular Field Can I Get A Job So Easily?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Food & Nutrition but not yet license since I didn't take the exam. I also took a short course on Computer Hardware Servicing and passed the test for NC II and now I am enrolled in a Caregiving Course and after that I will take BookKeeping course. I am wondering if which among the course will I get job easily. Any thoughts? :help: :help: :help:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Food & Nutrition but not yet license since I didn't take the exam. I also took a short course on Computer Hardware Servicing and passed the test for NC II and now I am enrolled in a Caregiving Course and after that I will take BookKeeping course. I am wondering if which among the course will I get job easily. Any thoughts? :help: :help: :help:

I don't think you will have a problem finding work in the States. Your Resume' looks good.

Shows Colledge, Computor Literate, Bookeeping and Caregiving.

I'm not the Colledge type but why did you not complete Food & Nutrition to Fianalize Your BOS.

Health Care is in demand always here. Food and Nutrition in Hospitols and Schools is big business.

I don't forsee you having a problem finding work.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

I think all of them are good. Anything having to do with computers is needed. A lot of people have their own businesses with computers. A few years ago there was quite a demand for nurses, but I think that demand has decreased. They are still needed, but not to the same extent. I think caregiving is always in demand, as their are a number of people always looking for a caregiver for their family members. Bookkeeping is needed also, as all companies need bookkeepers.

The degree in nutrition is great. Nutrition is an important field. With a Master's degree you could teach nutrition in college. Some of the colleges used to hire people with Bachelor's degrees to teach if they were going after a Master's degree. I don't know what is happening with that lately. Schools with lunch programs, hospitals, and any institution that serves meals to their patients need nutritionists. This I think would be the best one that you mentioned, although I haven't been trying to get employment lately as I am retired, and I could teach school if I wanted/needed to. With the nutrition class I recently took I am really impressed with the importance of nutrition and exercise in my life, and it is important for people that are being cared for. Be qualified, which you are, and more so after taking your exam, and you might need to take that exam where ever you plan to work, and then sell youself,and the importance of nutrition to your prospective employers, and they should want to hire you. Those are my ideas on the subject.

Timeline

I don't think you will have a problem finding work in the States. Your Resume' looks good.

Shows Colledge, Computor Literate, Bookeeping and Caregiving.

I'm not the Colledge type but why did you not complete Food & Nutrition to Fianalize Your BOS.

Health Care is in demand always here. Food and Nutrition in Hospitols and Schools is big business.

I don't forsee you having a problem finding work.

I don't really have plan to take the exam for Registered Nutritionist coz employment here in PI in that field is difficult..just imagine for every one hundred bed capacity hospital only one Nutritionist...so I was greatly discouraged by that and i think I took the wrong course...so I would rather be in Food Business someday..

Thanks for the input Tim/Mav..I don't really wanna be jobless when I get to US, as much as possible I wanted to help my fiance in terms of financial aspects coz it would make life much easier for us..

Timeline

I think all of them are good. Anything having to do with computers is needed. A lot of people have their own businesses with computers. A few years ago there was quite a demand for nurses, but I think that demand has decreased. They are still needed, but not to the same extent. I think caregiving is always in demand, as their are a number of people always looking for a caregiver for their family members. Bookkeeping is needed also, as all companies need bookkeepers.

The degree in nutrition is great. Nutrition is an important field. With a Master's degree you could teach nutrition in college. Some of the colleges used to hire people with Bachelor's degrees to teach if they were going after a Master's degree. I don't know what is happening with that lately. Schools with lunch programs, hospitals, and any institution that serves meals to their patients need nutritionists. This I think would be the best one that you mentioned, although I haven't been trying to get employment lately as I am retired, and I could teach school if I wanted/needed to. With the nutrition class I recently took I am really impressed with the importance of nutrition and exercise in my life, and it is important for people that are being cared for. Be qualified, which you are, and more so after taking your exam, and you might need to take that exam where ever you plan to work, and then sell youself,and the importance of nutrition to your prospective employers, and they should want to hire you. Those are my ideas on the subject.

Hi dekedwin, thanks for sharing your ideas..it really made me less worried now.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yeah, nutrition is really an important aspect in our daily living..the things that I've learned from my Nutrition course was really great it helps me to be very cautious on foods that I'm going to eat (not all food are good to our body) as well as the liquids that i take..and yeah, on cooking as well.. :yes: :yes: :yes:

it would be nice if I could teach Nutrition class.. :wow: :wow:

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

At the moment, there's no particular field that is easy to get into. Engineering and Nursing were once high demand. But, the fukcing corporations make the excuse of there's no qualified skills workers in the US. So, they decided to outsource Engineers.

If they trained workers for 1 or 2 months, I'm sure any Engineer can learn any skills the company wants.

Nurses are a different stories. Hospitals are laying off Nurses due to budget cuts. You can't really outsource a nurse.

Edited by Niels Bohr

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

suggest a food production plant in usa, combine 2 of yer skills, ya want to be part of the mixing crew that does the build, prior to cooking.

or

once yer in USA, get a Certified Nurses Assistant Certification, seek out a home health care agency - you'll stay busy 8 days/week.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

My advice, be great at something and not ok at everything. Deep dive, stop snorkeling the surface. Which body of water you pick is entirely up to you. There will always be work for people who can dive deep and hold their own.

Go to Nursing School in USA, You only need a 2 years Associates Degree to beceome a Registered Nurse in USA.

We have nursing shortage in Texas and many other states in the south........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Go to Nursing School in USA, You only need a 2 years Associates Degree to beceome a Registered Nurse in USA.

We have nursing shortage in Texas and many other states in the south........

Nursing requirements are different in each state. Check the requirements in your state.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Nursing requirements are different in each state. Check the requirements in your state.

I always thought it was a 4-year program but my cousin found a 2 year program in Michigan (at a community college). She makes a little over $20 an hour I think....But the hours are horrifying. 12 hour shifts and not day-shifts! She works more than 40 hours a week, good benefits, and probably pulls in (with overtime) around $1000 a week.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There are 3 primary ways of getting your RN's 1) Diploma progams 2)Associate degree(ADN) and 3) Bachelors (BSN)

Diploma programs are a dying breed, vast majority are ADN's usually a 2 yr program, plus one has to have certain prereqs to get in, and of course the BSN, normally a 4 yr program, but their are accelerated programs, more so for people that already have a bachelors degree in another field.

Job market varies, from State to state and so does the Pay. DC area starting pay is around $25 an hr. Benefits vary, hours vary etc etc!! Some places do 12 hr shifts, some do 8's, some you do strictly nights, some strictly days and some you rotate shifts!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I always thought it was a 4-year program but my cousin found a 2 year program in Michigan (at a community college). She makes a little over $20 an hour I think....But the hours are horrifying. 12 hour shifts and not day-shifts! She works more than 40 hours a week, good benefits, and probably pulls in (with overtime) around $1000 a week.

12 hours shift is greatness, You only need to work 3 days per week and it considered full time, My wife has a 7 am to 7pm shift, Has to report 30 minutes early and usually works at least till 7:30 each day.

The great thing about nursing is shift differntial and Overtime pay and the only having to work 3 days per week, they also pay my wife a extra $9 per hour shift differntial for working on weekends.

My wife also works a as a PRN (PartTime Nurse at another hospital), and she has a couple of Philippines Chicks who work 2 full time jobs at 2 different hospitals.............

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Some people like 12 hr shifts some hate them. It all varies from hospital to hospital or from floor to floor. Some do work at different hospitals, as 1 can have a lot of time off. But depending on what type of floor one works on, after a 12 hour shift, one is pretty wiped out. PRN is known as casual, usually no benefits, but they give you more of an hourly wage, which makes sense if you don't need the benefits. But it really matters where u live, pretty hard for a new grad to find work in the DC area

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Chay - what you choose ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.