Chuck & Chay

What Particular Field Can I Get A Job So Easily?

37 posts in this topic

Hannah - you could take the plunge, open a home health care agency yerself, in yer area - be a small business owner.

You might already qualify to open such a company, check in with yer state licensing agency.

Actually, if I had the money and the desire to work for myself (I don't! lol), I'd open up some Alzheimer's care homes. Did my geriatric clinical in one of these. Private homes that house 3-5 Alzheimer's patients. It's totally a cash-only service - medi won't reimburse and they don't take most forms of private insurance, either, but there's a two-year waiting list to get into one. Great care, beautiful surroundings, rich clients.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just some FYI -

I had a booth at a job fair last week (I was looking for software developers)

and

had a chance to talk to the recruiter from the local city jail -

they pay 13 bucks/hour to start, some annual salary of 32K for 0 /ZERO years of experience, plus standard 'city employee benefits'

There's no formal training program, you go to work right away and mostly it's on-the-job training

and they do hire women for the women's portion of the jail.

I thought that to be amazing, for a job with no previous background in anything..

Benefits might be good but 13/hour for a RN position? Most hospital positions start around 21-25/hr with shift differentials for nights and weekends. Hell, my McNursingJob is 18/hr. And RN positions for jails and prisons are actually notorious for paying very well. Just sucks that they be rapin' everybody up in here. :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i think is difficult to compare a jailer position to a nursing position.

i gave the jailer reference solely cause it intrigued me, no prior background in being a jailer/jailor required. none.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

i think is difficult to compare a jailer position to a nursing position.

i gave the jailer reference solely cause it intrigued me, no prior background in being a jailer/jailor required. none.

Ohh for some reason I thought you were talking about prison nursing.

I'd assume that corrections probably has a high turnover rate.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

An area that there is a big demand for and pays well is Med Tech. Here in California they call it Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS). You have to go to school for it and then pass a state exam, so it's not easy, but once you do, all you have to do is upload your resume and employers contact you. When your doctor orders a blood or urine test for you, the CLS is the one that tests it and sends the doctor back a report of what was found. Also, the industry is loaded with filipinos. When my wife got here a year ago, she didnt know anyone except me and my friends. But since she started working, she has lots of filipino friends now, because almost all her coworkers are filipino. With no experience, overtime and shift differential, she will make close to $70k her first year and it goes up from there with experience. That's pretty good pay, even for Los Angeles. Anyway, there are more CLS positions open than they can fill, so once you get licensed you can work right away. It's strange that everytime I read on Yahoo a list of professions that are in high demand I never see Med Tech listed, but they definitely in demand.

Edited by Bruin85

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I am an RN in Florida with 2 years of experience from Europe. SO far no job (or interview) offers yet. But it is true I've only been looking for 4 days.

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

My field (Speech Pathologists/Speech Therapists) and even SLP-assistants also make good money.. If you have the patience to go back to school for it, I would totally recommend it! Starting salary for a SLP with no experience is about $70k, but I have talked to some who make around $90! I'm excited to graduate now :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.