Used to be broken

I have this friend .............

88 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have a friend male divorced 50ish second or third generation Polish. Good work ethic, great job, nice home even super personality. Not Brad Pitt but he is nice looking guy. He does have a couple tweenish age children living with him. He has no time for wife hunting with the kids and job, but I want to gently suggest he try to find someone from RUB country. My gut tells me he would be excellent mate. All our friends like him, but seems to be severe lack of single women in our social circles. How can I point him in the direction of finding a RUB woman? I know this sounds stupid as I have been on the forum for a long time, however I really have not paid attention if anyone was spilling how this works.

I would think a 40 something RUB woman who doesn't mind a couple kids in the mix and yeah somewhat of an A-hole ex-wife but she is pretty checked out of the net doesn't have much interaction with the kids. This would be good situation for a woman who is practical loving and interested I would think. Near Chicago super nice suburb neighborhood with great neighbors .. so would be good built in "girl network" right of the bat to help transition into American Life. By all observations this is a very nice man, if I was in the market I would snap him up :)

hints?

I'm on it! :thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have a friend male divorced 50ish second or third generation Polish. Good work ethic, great job, nice home even super personality. Not Brad Pitt but he is nice looking guy. He does have a couple tweenish age children living with him. He has no time for wife hunting with the kids and job, but I want to gently suggest he try to find someone from RUB country. My gut tells me he would be excellent mate. All our friends like him, but seems to be severe lack of single women in our social circles. How can I point him in the direction of finding a RUB woman? I know this sounds stupid as I have been on the forum for a long time, however I really have not paid attention if anyone was spilling how this works.

I would think a 40 something RUB woman who doesn't mind a couple kids in the mix and yeah somewhat of an A-hole ex-wife but she is pretty checked out of the net doesn't have much interaction with the kids. This would be good situation for a woman who is practical loving and interested I would think. Near Chicago super nice suburb neighborhood with great neighbors .. so would be good built in "girl network" right of the bat to help transition into American Life. By all observations this is a very nice man, if I was in the market I would snap him up :)

hints?

Alla has a friend. Olga, from Donetsk but now living in Moscow that has been after her to find her a "good American man"' She is very tall, not bad looking, about 40 years old, never married, no children. Speaks English a little. She likes to practice with me when she skypes with Alla. :lol: She loves cities so Chicago would be a good area for her. Plus, it is almost tropical compared to Moscow.She is educated, intelligent, likes arts and opera and theatre (she is Alla's theatre and opera pal)

I will ask Alla if she is still interested.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Alla has a friend. Olga, from Donetsk but now living in Moscow that has been after her to find her a "good American man"' She is very tall, not bad looking, about 40 years old, never married, no children. Speaks English a little. She likes to practice with me when she skypes with Alla. :lol: She loves cities so Chicago would be a good area for her. Plus, it is almost tropical compared to Moscow.She is educated, intelligent, likes arts and opera and theatre (she is Alla's theatre and opera pal)

I will ask Alla if she is still interested.

Gary, Moscow can be quite tame compared to a Chicago winter!!! I lived there for 18 years!!! :help: But Chi-town is a great place and the largest polish population outside Warsaw. :ot2:

Timeline

So Alla says Olga is interested. Some slight corrections...she is late 30s, Alla thinks about age 38. She isn't sure but she says she is a few years younger than Alla. She was married once, briefly, but has no children. She has a degree in Engineering and works in Moscow.

If you can send some more information on this guy to me in a PM Alla will send it on to Olga and she can contact him by email.

Gary And Alla

I have a friend that has used Kiev Connections to meet women. He was quite impressed with the service and the quality of the women available. They seem to have a high percentage that speak English but of course that is always something to be determined. This site will arrange lodging, pick you up at the airport and arrange for translators. It seems they ask their clients to select up to 5 women to meet and if some don't work out or aren't available, then more are contacted. It is run by an American and his Ukrainian wife. The women are all from the Kiev area. In my opinion, your friend needs a "target rich" environment and you can't find much better than Kiev.

As to his situation regarding children at home, that is probably more of an asset than a problem. Most of the women he will meet will be very impressed with his commitment. Of course, finding a woman in the age group he is looking at will probably also include women with children also. It is something he should expect.

Here is the link: http://www.kievconnections.com/

You friend needs to understand that this can be a long and somewhat expensive process, but most men end up happier than ever before. :dance:

I think your friend is going to have the best luck with one of the more reputable dating sites that's been mentioned, such as the one 1HappyGuy posted. IIRC, Elena's Models was also recommended. That way he can correspond with as many women as he wants, with better odds of finding someone compatible.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Well I can't be as much help as I wanted...the wife is a big zero in that dept. and my trapline on ICQ and skype is dried up due to years of neglect. But I got to thinking and if this guy is like most any normal red blooded American guy and not some whacked out "liberal loving metro sexual"...then this guy is thinking "young & hot". I mean if he's going to go through the visa process then why not hook up with something that's going to give him a woody every time he comes home ? If your going to drive a car, then make it a Ferrari and not a dented up Chevy Astro van...get my drift? And if she turns out to be younger than his kids...well they will eventually get over it and be happy for their dad.

Russiancupid.com aka russianuero.com That site is gold imo.

Here's a few examples of what he could be coming home to/waking up with every day. B-)

1845494.jpg

1862069.jpg

1867130.jpg

1829337.jpg

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Perhaps it's a sign that I have been here too long, but I see those pics and go, "eh, average." :D

Agreed. I jacked the first four pics I saw on that site...I still have my membership from the days when me and the now wife were having some doubts. But ya, those gals are average for over there. Here in the US though they are model material.

sigbet.jpg

1867130.jpg:wub:

She's from Ukraine...18 or 19 and she had four more pics on her profile, and all of them were smoking hot. The pic of her in the teddy was a down right killer. :devil:

*on a side note...and it's been mentioned on here before, these gals know just about every way in the book to skin a cat by the time they hit 16. I'm thinking it's in their blood or something. You play with one of these gals and it's like playing with dynamite...screw up and you lose a finger or two, or worse yet a hand. These chicks are anything but submissive. They go from bad temper to low monotone voice (when they get that low monotone voice, that's when to start worrying). Otherwise they are tigers in the sack, dress super sexy and they are always easy on the eyes. It's kind of like a trade off I guess... :unsure:

sigbet.jpg

How about Kip-Daddy's MILILF?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

At the risk of echoing in here, I dig this subforum, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Perhaps it's a sign that I have been here too long, but I see those pics and go, "eh, average." :D

All 6's on the RUB scale if you ask me. :lol:

She's from Ukraine...18 or 19 and she had four more pics on her profile, and all of them were smoking hot. The pic of her in the teddy was a down right killer. :devil:

*on a side note...and it's been mentioned on here before, these gals know just about every way in the book to skin a cat by the time they hit 16. I'm thinking it's in their blood or something. You play with one of these gals and it's like playing with dynamite...screw up and you lose a finger or two, or worse yet a hand. These chicks are anything but submissive. They go from bad temper to low monotone voice (when they get that low monotone voice, that's when to start worrying). Otherwise they are tigers in the sack, dress super sexy and they are always easy on the eyes. It's kind of like a trade off I guess... :unsure:

Sparrow school? :lol:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.