Juanitajuanes

options after one month of no response?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I sent the AOS package May 3, 2011 and have not received any news whatsoever about anything. is this something to worried about? THE CHECK HAS NOT BEEN CASHED. what are my options on checking the status of this? do I have any options at this point except for waiting? I'm worried something has gone wrong.

Thank you,

Liberty

There is nothing to do but wait. Sometimes people have to wait a month, or they have sent back your application to you because something important was missing. Either way, only time will tell. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

I sent the AOS package May 3, 2011 and have not received any news whatsoever about anything. is this something to worried about? THE CHECK HAS NOT BEEN CASHED. what are my options on checking the status of this? do I have any options at this point except for waiting? I'm worried something has gone wrong.

Thank you,

Liberty

What visa are you AOSing from? What address did you send it to? Did you write the cheque out for $1070?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

you should definitely call USCIS, we applied on May 11 and got the hard copy on the 25th and 2 days later the biometrics appointment letter, I have my Bio next tuesday, so it think that you have to call to find out what's going on.

God bless you, hope everything goes well and you can move on soon in the AOS process

Patty

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

What visa are you AOSing from? What address did you send it to? Did you write the cheque out for $1070?

We just got the packet back today. Apparently the check was written out incorrectly (for 1010 instead of 1070). This is the stupidest mistake I think I've ever made...didn't think I was capable of it. We had not checked fees and gone off what our friend (who just finished his) sent in.

We will be resubmitting the packet of course. There is one place on the 1485 where it asks if we've filed before. now I have to say yes correct? there is also a place on the I765 where it asks if "you have every applied for work authorization before" . the 1485 was what was rejected...I don't think we have to say we've applied for employment authorization before do we? Also. do we have to resign and date each document? or will they accept them the way they are with the minor changes we have to make?

If you know any of those answers let me know! thank you so much for your help.

Liberty

You don't need to change your answers because you haven't filed for anything before - your package was rejected outright. There is no record and technically you didn't apply for it because it wasn't accepted (you tried to apply for it). So just send it back with the correct fee. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

We just got the packet back today. Apparently the check was written out incorrectly (for 1010 instead of 1070). This is the stupidest mistake I think I've ever made...didn't think I was capable of it. We had not checked fees and gone off what our friend (who just finished his) sent in.

We will be resubmitting the packet of course. There is one place on the 1485 where it asks if we've filed before. now I have to say yes correct? there is also a place on the I765 where it asks if "you have every applied for work authorization before" . the 1485 was what was rejected...I don't think we have to say we've applied for employment authorization before do we? Also. do we have to resign and date each document? or will they accept them the way they are with the minor changes we have to make?

Liberty

I suggest resending the original package, with a "Cashiers Check" in the correct amount of $1070, along with a cover letter explaining the mistake.

When you resend your AOS package, concurrently filing form G-1145 (notification of AOS acceptance via E-mail and/or SMS text) will give you the assurance that your submission was received. You can also sign up at USCIS with your MSC number for further updates via SMS text and/or e-mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

My package was delivered on May11. The check was cashed on May 31. I forgot to put the form for electronic notifications but i expect to get NOA letter any day from the 31st. I've been reading a lot of stuff and as far as i understand, 45 days is ok, after that you should worry.

(0) 05/10/2011 - Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765) via FedEx Overnight

(1) 05/11/2011 - Package Received

(21) 05/31/2011 - checks cashed

(27) 06/06/2011 - NOA received for I485, I765, I10; appontment letter for BIO ( 06/29)

(50) 06/29/2011 - Biometrics done ( tried to walk in on 06/20, was refused in Elizabeth, NJ)

(56) 07/05/2011 - EAD card production ordered

(59) 07/08/2011 - another update EAD card production ordered on 07/08/2011

(66) 07/12/2011 – interview letter received for Aug 15, EAD approved, letter sent out on 07/11

(68) 07/14/2011 – EAD card arrived in mail!

(100)08/15/2011 - interview – APPROVED!!!

(104)08/19/2011- Welcome notice received.

(107)08/22/2011- GC arrived in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If it's just the cheque then do a new cheque and send the package right back to them. You can try resorting it if you like to make sure it's all there (which it should be).

Unless anything else is wrong you don't need to resign or redate any forms. just mail it back (double check you've done the cheque correctly and double check the address). I used a personal cheque so I could see it online.

You haven't filed for anything before because there's nothing in the system. It's like sending something and having it returned to sender for the wrong address... it never "arrived" where it was supposed to to get registered in the system. Again, unless they told you something else was wrong, or you've realised you did something wrong, don't change anything except the cheque and just mail it right back.

Good luck!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

If it's just the cheque then do a new cheque and send the package right back to them. You can try resorting it if you like to make sure it's all there (which it should be).

Unless anything else is wrong you don't need to resign or redate any forms. just mail it back (double check you've done the cheque correctly and double check the address). I used a personal cheque so I could see it online.

You haven't filed for anything before because there's nothing in the system. It's like sending something and having it returned to sender for the wrong address... it never "arrived" where it was supposed to to get registered in the system. Again, unless they told you something else was wrong, or you've realised you did something wrong, don't change anything except the cheque and just mail it right back.

Good luck!

Thank you so very much for your help. We're sending it off again tomorrow morning. crossing our fingers and waiting patiently...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.