torrell17

RFE I'm LOST!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry I just read your post about sending them boarding passes.

I am perplexed. There is something missing and without more information I have no clue.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So today I received my RFE today!! :)

1. I've made a typo on my i-129f by checking that I was related to my fiance.

(Do I resubmit the I-129f? or just type a letter stating that I made a typo?)

2.Request that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person.

I'm lucky due to the fact she only lives 2hrs away from me Canada. I've submitted flight itineraries when we visit family in a different state, pictures(she typed the date and the activity we did on the back) of us, movie tickets in the past. I don't understand what more do they need? I sent copies of the flight info pictures of us with both sides the family. Do they need the original flight info? I didn't get anywhere when I called them today but a scripted line. Hopefully someone can break it down for me. But the funny thing is in the middle of the paragraph it says please submit a copy of her passport. Is that a general praragraph that they tell everyone then what they need is in the middle? Then it goes on about extreme hardship waiver..blah blah blah. Then on the last page is has violation of customs highlighted talking about the petitioner must must submit documentation from competent authorities to verify claim about personal meeting? WHAT IS THAT... is this a general statement..I don't think that retains to me but just curious does everyone gets that in there RFE letter as well. If additional information is need Ill be more than happy to answer. If I had a scanner I would scan this letter so everyone can see and compare.

THANK ALL

You got a lot of good info! :thumbs: Good Luck to you!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The "extreme hardship" and "violation of customs" statements are meant to address situations where you have not been able to meet because of either of those reasons. They specifically asked for the passport and that may be all that is needed.

I had an RFE asking to prove the meeting requirement and their request for the passport was in bold type.

Good Luck

is it really the one that written in highlighteed or bold type from rfe are the one that they asking?im confused!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Ongoing evidence not required at this time. He just needs to address the RFE

Hey yeah, believe I said Baggage tags relating to boarding passes.. (and not to forget you only assumed he doesn't have boarding passes).

And "Ongoing evidence not required at this time. He just needs to address the RFE"

I'm pointing out that the other information the petitioner has is not wasted as it will "apply for the interview later on to prove ongoing relationship".

So sorry... my ego doesn't enter into this... I'm just trying to be helpful...

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They mean all of the pages - even the blank ones. While the blank ones mean nothing to you, they show immigration that there are no additional stamps or entries on those pages that could provide conflicting information, corroborating information or suspicious information. They are looking for what isn't there as well as for what is. Even 'blank' pages are informative when viewed in the whole passport.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.