Smoochie1209

6-8 Weeks for RFE apporval??

15 posts in this topic

HI all,

I got a RFE about my AoS I-864 saying I don't make enough and I knew this was going to happen. My father finally agreed to help out a week before I got the letter and is going to send his information to the NVC tomorrow. So I called the NVC auto message and they said, "please allow up to 6-8 weeks for the requested documents to be fully reviewed.." I haven't seen my wife in over a year and some months. We've been married since Dec 22, 09. My question is, will it really take that long? I guess that she will have her interview date by mid to end Aug and be here Sept... I'm doing my best to wait but my wife is having the hardest time waiting with her crazy family in the Philippines and I understand her why she is going nuts. No work for over a year and nothing to do but wait and deal with her family. Anyways, aside from that I ask... has anyone had their RFE reviewed faster than 6-8 week? I don't know what to tell my wife if I say that cause I know she will go nuts.

-Nick

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

HI all,

I got a RFE about my AoS I-864 saying I don't make enough and I knew this was going to happen. My father finally agreed to help out a week before I got the letter and is going to send his information to the NVC tomorrow. So I called the NVC auto message and they said, "please allow up to 6-8 weeks for the requested documents to be fully reviewed.." I haven't seen my wife in over a year and some months. We've been married since Dec 22, 09. My question is, will it really take that long? I guess that she will have her interview date by mid to end Aug and be here Sept... I'm doing my best to wait but my wife is having the hardest time waiting with her crazy family in the Philippines and I understand her why she is going nuts. No work for over a year and nothing to do but wait and deal with her family. Anyways, aside from that I ask... has anyone had their RFE reviewed faster than 6-8 week? I don't know what to tell my wife if I say that cause I know she will go nuts.

-Nick

Ihad an RFE from USCIS and it took 8 days.. I think they say 6-8 weeks lol just to be mean........All reality it should be much less time.. perhaps 2 weeks......

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

I had an RFE as well... Its been almost 8 days.... so Now I am just waiting...

But I did see from timelines and people experience with RFES that they usually say 6-8 weeks but it is not true....

9-17-2010-Married Yey! :)

USCIS

I130 Sent 11-19-2010

I130 Approved 4-13-2011

NVC

37 days through NVC.

NVC received 4-26-2011

Nvc Completed 6-2-2011

Interview : 7-15-2011 :) YEY!

7/15/2011 -Interview Approved! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Ihad an RFE from USCIS and it took 8 days.. I think they say 6-8 weeks lol just to be mean........All reality it should be much less time.. perhaps 2 weeks......

thank GOD you posted this i think i started to faint when i read 6-8 weeks i know ? was about nvc but hopefully csc is just as fast :thumbs:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had an RFE from USCIS as well and our case was was approved within a week of my sending them the requested information. I too have received an RFE from NVC and yes the automated system says to allow 6-8 weeks once you submit the information; however, the email checklist you will receive from them says to allow 20 days from your reply for a decision from them and this time frame was also confirmed by several operators I have spoken with. In many cases they make their decision within days of receiving the information from you, so do not get yourself so anxious :blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband and I are in a similar situation. We haven't seen each other since July 31, 2010, and I also almost fainted when I saw the RFE on the AoS. I was told 20 business days and just about lost it. I called NVC and spoke to a woman who told me that they have to say 20 days, but, in fact, they will process it as quickly as possible, and that it almost never takes as long as they say it will. I wish you the best of luck on your journey through this madness. Just remember that one day it will be over, and it will be worth all the hassle we are being put through now.

Yeah I figured that... thanks for all the support. =) I really love this community a lot. It's hard to find people around u that understand how u feel about the visa situation and just get the ole, "That must be hard..." I felt they will get it done fast as long as u bother them haha. I call them 2-3x's a week to see how my case was. Thanks again everyone, I believe it will be faster than i think.

-Nick

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Yeah I figured that... thanks for all the support. =) I really love this community a lot. It's hard to find people around u that understand how u feel about the visa situation and just get the ole, "That must be hard..." I felt they will get it done fast as long as u bother them haha. I call them 2-3x's a week to see how my case was. Thanks again everyone, I believe it will be faster than i think.

-Nick

yeah it is hard to find people that understand..i get the well "why doesn't he just visit you until he has visa?" lol :rofl:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

20 bus days you need to allow them to process . it may get done sooner .

but , ONLY after 20 bus days have lapsed , you can call and ask them to inquire and process the case .

I sent 2 photos as requested and after 12 bus days ,still no news.

have no choice but to allow 20 bus days, then, will call them to ask for processing the case.

It also depends on the que; some countries much longer than others.

yeah it is hard to find people that understand..i get the well "why doesn't he just visit you until he has visa?" lol :rofl:

Oh yeah i hear all sorts of stupid things. People here don't really understand the visa process. They still think if u get married they come straight here. Or other stuff. I was accused of abandoning my wife... really made me mad but u have to forgive ignorance. :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got an RFE from NVC. It took less than 6-8 weeks. I seem to recall some folks saying that NVC gives that window of time so people don't start calling and panicking if it's not done sooner. Hang in there! When it's all over, it will just seem like a bad dream to you and your wife.

Check my timeline. After the docs were loaded into their system, our case was completed in a week!

Edited by ao_cons

--------------

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Today I called them about my RFE they told me of course again 20 Business days and I went to my sign in thing and it sadi SIF... Case is Complete..... Mine took like 8 days.....

Like someone said they have to say 20 days or 6-8 weeks but it is not true.... :)

9-17-2010-Married Yey! :)

USCIS

I130 Sent 11-19-2010

I130 Approved 4-13-2011

NVC

37 days through NVC.

NVC received 4-26-2011

Nvc Completed 6-2-2011

Interview : 7-15-2011 :) YEY!

7/15/2011 -Interview Approved! :)

Today I called them about my RFE they told me of course again 20 Business days and I went to my sign in thing and it sadi SIF... Case is Complete..... Mine took like 8 days.....

Like someone said they have to say 20 days or 6-8 weeks but it is not true.... :)

How do you sign in to check the status? Is that from the automated system when you call the NVC office?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this has been asked a few times in the forum and people simply don't pay attention to it until they need the info.VERY SIMPLE.

GO TO ONLINE PAYMENT PAGE AND SIGN IN . GIVE THE CASE # AND INVOICE # . CHECK YOU ARE PETIONER ,ATTY, or APPLICANT.

then if it is not done yet , it will give you an invoice page. If it is done, sign in failed....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.