adriana152115

I think my lawyer is lying to us!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My lawyer told us that she sent our AOS information and Visa application in on April 12th 2011 via email!! I've been calling the NVC for 2 weeks now. They told me last week they didn't receive any email. I called my lawyer she told me that she talked to the NVC and they told her to send the information again. I called the NVC again tonight to ask them if they received any information, and they told me they haven't received the AOS information OR my husbands visa application. My lawyer has been telling me she sent everything in on APRIL 12th! She told me she called the NVC too. And they told me tonight that she hasn't contacted them!!

what is your opinion about my lawyer? Should I think she is lying to me?? I JUST FINISHED PAYING HER OFF $7000.00 US dollars APRIL 12th

please I need some input

May 2005- Met my husband

June 2005- Became a couple

September 2006- 1st son born

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

September 2010-Hired our Lawyer

October 15th 2010- Petition Sent in

December 2010- 1st daughter born

February 7th 2011- Petition Approved

August 3rd 2011- recieved our appointment

September 1st 2011- 1st appointment- denied, but approved for a waiver

November 14th 2011- 2nd appointment, turned in waiver

_ _ _ _ _ - Visa Approved (still waiting as of February 18th 2012)

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's a lot of money to pay someone if you're still doing the work and still worrying. I personally feel that unless you are ridiculously busy without a moment to spare or have some special circumstance that complicates things than a lawyer isn't at all necessary. What could they possibly be doing for you that is worth that amount??! Check out the guides and see if you can't do it yourself and then fire your lawyer and get your money back. That's just my opinion. I'm starting to think that I need to get into the visa preparing business... they make a killing for doing very little and not well at that.

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

MEXICO-bound Immigrant Visas DO participate in the NVC Electronic Processing process.

There is an OPT IN process, and one of the outputs from OPTING IN is that the casefile number changes entirely, starts with a MEP #.

So, ask everybody about yer MEP #, if you have one, it's been converted to an EP case.

then.

Check the online payment portal for any status about payments ..

then...

have the USCitizen call into NVC, get a Human, give the MEP #, ask for casefile status.

It may be that you're unable to find the CJ #, if the OPT IN conversion was successful.

Now, even with all of that said.

NVC Intake for EP is really wonky - most of the time it works, but sometimes it doesn't - is some problem with their email processing system, and instead of them making time to find YOUR files, they request they be sent in again. I'm a fan of resending, about 10 AM each Day, Monday-Friday, for a week.

Good Luck !

ps - I have NO comment directed at YOUR lawyer - but a general comment - many lawyers are trainable, even if it's on yer dime. Is your lawyer trainable, or no ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yes my husband has an MEP number. I will try that and see what happens. My lawyer is strictly immigration. She cost that much money because we have to do a waiver packet. If I knew how easy the paperwork was to file for a visa, I would have done it myself. She has done almost all the work except for the AOS packet and visa application. So I don't think I would get very much money back. Thanks for your inputs, more are welcome

May 2005- Met my husband

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

event.png

event.png

My lawyer told us that she sent our AOS information and Visa application in on April 12th 2011 via email!! I've been calling the NVC for 2 weeks now. They told me last week they didn't receive any email. I called my lawyer she told me that she talked to the NVC and they told her to send the information again. I called the NVC again tonight to ask them if they received any information, and they told me they haven't received the AOS information OR my husbands visa application. My lawyer has been telling me she sent everything in on APRIL 12th! She told me she called the NVC too. And they told me tonight that she hasn't contacted them!!

what is your opinion about my lawyer? Should I think she is lying to me?? I JUST FINISHED PAYING HER OFF $7000.00 US dollars APRIL 12th

please I need some input

that happened to me i gave them complete documents jan. and then they told me they sent it first week of feb but that wasnt true they sent it first week of march. they totally wasted almost 2 months i was pissed! so if i were you keep calling your lawyer making sure they're doing their job. and if i were you request copies of everything they had send even the check. and dont let them say they cant give you because they were suppose to give you copies of everything even the check that they would have sent

History:

Husband and I were childhood friends (neighbors)

left the philippines when I was 6yrs old

Came back to the Philippines 2004 which we hanged out

1 year of courtship

2005 we became official

2006 went back to philippines for vacation

2010 went home to the Philippines March-September

cutepig61.gifMay 6, 2010 got marriedmashimaro17.gif

Petition Timeline

March 4, 2011- Paralegal Mailed documents Chicago

March 8, 2011- Was received in Chicago

Priority Date- March 8, 2011

March 14, 2011- TOUCHED (according to uscis.gov)

March 18, 2011- Received NOA1 hardcopy (Priority date March 8, 2011)

June 15, 2011 - NOA2 (notification on 6/15, received hardcopy on 6/17)

July 16, 2011 - received case number, IIN

July 25, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

July 27, 2011 - AOS bill appears as PAID

Sept 2, 2011 - RFE

Sept 13, 2011 - Case Complete

sanrio79.gif

event.png

gZN5m7.png

9kJnm7.png

Timeline

So my lawyer turned her phone off. And she emailed me, told me she's doing work in california this week. She told me she sent an inquiry to the attorneys unit at the NVC because she doesn't understand why they keep telling me they haven't received either of my packages

May 2005- Met my husband

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Have the USC call in to NVC, get a Human, inquire for casefile status.

Then ask them to check the EMAIL QUEUE FOR MEP casefiles, ask them to find your stuff.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

wow 7 K !!

I helped my sister with a CR-1 visa, and my aunt with her IR-5 visas, My cousin and his wife with the AOS, an Aunt who required a waiver. So i must have saved them like 20K!

When i say Helped, i mean i did everything lol thanks to visajourney

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No comment!

July 2, 2010 Elya and Ken Married in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
July 14, 2011 - Point of Entry Chicago. Arrived safely. Hurah
April 11, 2013 CSC Filed I-751

August 8, Pending Oath

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

your lawyer filed a G-28, as agent lawyer representative,then all the papers from the uscis and nvc goes to the lawyer, not to you....april seens like a long time your lawyer should have gotten the noa1 797 receipt letter.and then foward it to you,what type of payment did you paythe fee for the forms, was the checks cashed,maybe you can check with the bank, or money order,if your lawyer call the lawyer bar asocation and report her,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

why need a lawyer if we can do it ourselves unless we are really too busy and no time for paperworks...if they can get us approved in just a week or 2 maybe we all need a lawyer but just the same ...you still need to wait in 6m0s or so, or if get lucky enough to get ur visa approved in less than 6months.Lawyer do all the paperworks(and we can do that too:)They can't do anything once our petition is at USCIS...just my opinion :)

3-23-2011- i129f sent

3-24-2011- check encash

3-29-2011- NOA1

6-17-2011- RFE

7-01-2011- RFE sent

7-05-2011- RFE rcvd/Response review

7-14-2011- NOA2

[/b][/color]

Filed: Country:
Timeline

please I need some input

$7,000 seems like a lot of money. Are you sure that it was an actual payment, or just a deposit into a trust account that the attorney can draw on as they work and then return any unused money to you? Ask for a bill from the attorney that shows you what each charge was for.

Also, maybe the attorney could provide you with a copy of the actual email, showing proof that it was sent on the she says it was? If she sends you an itemized bill and there are a number of problems and/or she is lying about having sent the email, talk to the ethics board with the state bar wherever she is licensed, in order to get disciplinary action taken. It is a shame that a small percentage of lowers give the general profession such a bad name.

With all of that being said, USCIS/NVC does make ridiculous mistakes that cost extra time/money, but in no way mean that the petitioner/attorney is dishonest/incompetent. For example, they claim that I claimed that I checked that I was employed on the I-864, but the photo copies that I sent clearly show that I checked that I was unemployed (student) and despite the fact that my dad was the co-sponsor. This confusion prompted a RFE, and was the result of the incompetence of NVC. The best immigration attorney in the world is going to have a difficult time overcoming something like that, but many clients have a hard time understanding that.

Timeline

$6000.00 of it was for legal fees. And almost $1000.00 was for the visa application, aos fees etc. She told me to pay her in cash. So that's what I did and she paid everything out of her lawyer account. My lawyer even has her own website. After thepetition was received the USCIS sent the reciept to me, I had to make her a copy and same thing happened when the petition was approved. On the automated phone it only says that my march 3rd documents were received. I wish I would have done this my self, then I wouldn't have to rely on someone else to do the work.

May 2005- Met my husband

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.