san diego

illegal immigration

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just as we all waited for ages (in our case for almost one year) to get our loved ones here LEGALLY president Obama and other politicians grant parole to all the illegals.. How many illegals coming every day through san diego?? Look at the latest article.. http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/05/17/mexico.migrants/index.html. Don't you feel cheated? Just wondering if I am the only one feeling this way...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just as we all waited for ages (in our case for almost one year) to get our loved ones here LEGALLY president Obama and other politicians grant parole to all the illegals.. How many illegals coming every day through san diego?? Look at the latest article.. http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/05/17/mexico.migrants/index.html. Don't you feel cheated? Just wondering if I am the only one feeling this way...

1. Nobody has granted "parole to all the illegals". As your linked article indicates, a truckload of illegal immigrants was intercepted and the people detained in Mexico. Who said anything about parole????

2. No, you're not the only one feeling cheated. Join at the back of the line. There's many more like you on VJ grumbling and griping about how unfair everything in your life is. Pretty tedious, but why don't you go ahead and repeat the sob stories we've already heard many times before.

Timeline

1. Nobody has granted "parole to all the illegals". As your linked article indicates, a truckload of illegal immigrants was intercepted and the people detained in Mexico. Who said anything about parole????

2. No, you're not the only one feeling cheated. Join at the back of the line. There's many more like you on VJ grumbling and griping about how unfair everything in your life is. Pretty tedious, but why don't you go ahead and repeat the sob stories we've already heard many times before.

The same truck loads of people later crossing boarder every day. Nobody is complaining here about the wait. However, if majority of illegals are getting legal status eventually, what is the point of the entire process?? Illegals and people like you defending them are the reason for high taxes in this country. Giving parole to illegals only promotes illegal immigration.

Timeline

The same truck loads of people later crossing boarder every day. Nobody is complaining here about the wait. However, if majority of illegals are getting legal status eventually, what is the point of the entire process?? Illegals and people like you defending them are the reason for high taxes in this country. Giving parole to illegals only promotes illegal immigration.

Yes, I am defending illegals.

Yes, I am personally the reason you pay high taxes.

Gotcha.

Next.

Timeline

Better go back to sheep. It was less controversial. :devil:

No, no. No sheep. I am on a personal mission to ensure that San Diego pays the highest taxes in the nation.

[Howya doin' spooks? Its' been a while. You think we're gonna get to see any football this year?]

No, no. No sheep. I am on a personal mission to ensure that San Diego pays the highest taxes in the nation.

[Howya doin' spooks? Its' been a while. You think we're gonna get to see any football this year?]

I hope we do. I think they'll come to an agreement before training camp time. None of the greeds sobs want to lose any money.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am thinking these people probably sold everything they have and took money from relatives to pay 7 thousand dollars and maybe when they get to the US they work and support their families back home but the thing now is these people are going back home even poorer than they were before.

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No, I do not feel cheated. I have a wonderful wife who is here legally and will become a citizen next year (and will even get to vote in next year's election) and I never had to worry about her being "illegal" or in any way jeapordize her or the children's future. She will finish her master's degree in July (2 more months of student teaching) works legally for herself as a model and interpreter, with even USCIS as one of her clients, has good credit, etc. It is definitely worth the time spent in the process.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

No, I do not feel cheated. I have a wonderful wife who is here legally and will become a citizen next year (and will even get to vote in next year's election) and I never had to worry about her being "illegal" or in any way jeapordize her or the children's future. She will finish her master's degree in July (2 more months of student teaching) works legally for herself as a model and interpreter, with even USCIS as one of her clients, has good credit, etc. It is definitely worth the time spent in the process.

I agree with you, Gary. This actually makes sense. I just feel that we are promoting illegal immigration through providing parole to the illegal immigrants, making this acceptable route.

Focus on the good things in life and not on line jumper stories that are not even dealt with by the administrative staff at USCIS handling your petitions. :D

True. However, this is political discussion, not USCIS forum or my or your situation.

Actually, this is funny :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
True. However, this is political discussion, not USCIS forum or my or your situation.

Hmmm...

and

Hmmmm...

Was there actual, real, verifiable policy being discussed other than how you felt about something? I can't tell.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I agree with you, Gary. This actually makes sense. I just feel that we are promoting illegal immigration through providing parole to the illegal immigrants, making this acceptable route.

Illegal immigrants are here to make money, that is the ONLY reason. They are hired by employers not because they are educated or are the best roofers in the world, they aren't, but because employers gain an economic advantage in exploiting humans for lower than minimum wage, not paying payroll tax, workman's comp, etc., etc., etc, etc. The economic benefit of employing illegals far outweighs the risk of monetary loss.

The "problem" of illegal immigration is incredibly easy to fix. Simply make it SO expensive to hire illegals that no one would dare to do it. No jobs, no illegals. Why would they come?

If they want you to buy a house they know how to do it. If they want you to buy a car they know how to do it. The government knows how to make you buy new windows, caulk the old ones, buy a new refrigerator, quit smoking...you name it. But they suddenly get a brain cramp when it comes time to eliminate illegal immigrants.

Or, as I prefer to call it, the exploitation of humans for profit.

You did the right thing. So did I. My family enjoys a lot of benefits illegasl do not and can not, and they can come and go as they please to Canada frequently, and to Russia and Ukraine and return without a problem. Priceless.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Illegal immigrants are here to make money, that is the ONLY reason. They are hired by employers not because they are educated or are the best roofers in the world, they aren't, but because employers gain an economic advantage in exploiting humans for lower than minimum wage, not paying payroll tax, workman's comp, etc., etc., etc, etc. The economic benefit of employing illegals far outweighs the risk of monetary loss.

The "problem" of illegal immigration is incredibly easy to fix. Simply make it SO expensive to hire illegals that no one would dare to do it. No jobs, no illegals. Why would they come?

If they want you to buy a house they know how to do it. If they want you to buy a car they know how to do it. The government knows how to make you buy new windows, caulk the old ones, buy a new refrigerator, quit smoking...you name it. But they suddenly get a brain cramp when it comes time to eliminate illegal immigrants.

Or, as I prefer to call it, the exploitation of humans for profit.

You did the right thing. So did I. My family enjoys a lot of benefits illegasl do not and can not, and they can come and go as they please to Canada frequently, and to Russia and Ukraine and return without a problem. Priceless.

I completely agree with you. I would never even think of doing this illegally. It is not worth it. I agree with every point you make. However, legalizing them may lead to even more illegal immigration. This is more of a political discussion. I used to vote democrat but now I am more and more leaning towards republican point of view in this respect. I am not sure if you can fix employment of illegal immigrants. Entire farming economy in California is build around this.

What really shocked me since Masha came to San Diego is how easy it is to obtain everything without social security. For some reason we still have not received the card (I am going with her again on Monday) even though we applied pretty much the first day after we arrived (it has been almost 3 weeks, during this time we got married, and even submitted AOS package). She can drive indefinitely with her DL from Russia, she was put on my bank account without it, she got a credit card without it (my credit card though). She started community college without it (free ESL classes!). I am just not sure what do you need it for now days.. All of a sudden I realized that you do not need legal presence or social security for anything... And this is the only office were you need legal status is to get SS# number. In California (it seems like it) everything is done so that you can use all the benefits of the tax-paying citizens without legal presence and paying taxes. This is the reason I started this topic as I am getting shocked how far you can get away without legal status (they do not know if she is legal). In community college they have not even asked for her SS# OR passport OR her status! AND this is fully tax-funded.. My point is that not only you can live normal life being illegal but also you can get pretty much all the tax-supported benefits, such as community college education.. California public school system is in terrible shape, probably the worst in the nation. This is where I would rather put more money than sustaining illegal immigration. I am not against illegals themselves. I am opposing the way the system handles this matter.